1 comment

Drama African American Sad

Kailani was starting to become the love of my life but now I felt as if I was dealt a hand of cards I can’t place on the table. One night I found her in her apartment beaten badly with laceration marks covering parts of her body, her clothes had been ripped and in her own blood the word pain had been written on her stomach. Seeing my baby like this really tore me down to shreds, the doctors are saying she’ll be lucky if she wakes up but I know for a fact that Kailani will wake up. She is a strong fighter. 

Amber you know she had all this set up just to make it look like she was innocent!

Kailani wouldn’t do that Ariana!

Amber yes she would! Your eyes are deceiving you and you are falling in her trap! I want you to be honest with me. Do you love her?

Of course that’s my homegirl.

I need for you to tell the police she had a robbery staged and made her side piece stage everything so people would feel sorry for her.

Why would you even say that?

Because i’m the one that had Milo rob the apartment and do the damage to her! The police are starting to unravel the truth and I can’t have my brother locked up. We have a business to run and I refuse for things to get any worse than they already are. 

I won’t do it!

You gon do whatever I tell you to do, did you forget about the bet we made?

It’s not like your secrets are safe either Amber.

I don’t have any secrets that people don’t already know.

Does Kailani know you had her brother kidnapped and Milo was the mastermind behind everything?

Yeah like I thought, now we go do things my way I don’t care what you think you got on me, just know that what I got on you and Milo will destroy y’all lives. If I have to go down so will y’all.

I’ll tell everybody about what you did and i’ll even turn myself in but I refuse to allow kailani to wake up and be in handcuffs for something she did not commit. You got the wrong one today, I will make sure you are locked up before she wakes. She is in a coma more than likely she won’t remember anything that happened however it is my duty and Kareem duty to make sure she nevers remembers this part of her past.

So you bold?

I was bold Ariana, you just now figuring that out?

We no longer have anything to discuss i’ll see my way out not before I finish the job on little Ms. Kaiani.

Good luck trying to touch her.

What is that supposed to mean?

It means that when you ask for her number to her room there will be a police officer asking who you are and once they find out you’ll be locked up right along with Milo.

It’s funny you say that.

I guess it is funny huh? Well you see I did some work of my own on my own time without you noticing.

What type of work is that?

You will have to see for yourself just know if you try to kill me you will be going to prison for first degree murder along with attempted murder.

You set me up!

No I didn’t set you up you should just be more careful who you spill your secrets too sweetie I can’t lock you up because I am still undercover.

When Milo gets wind of this he is going to kill you.

Poor baby I guess you didn’t get the news Milo is dead.

Amber I hope you rot in hell! You played everybody! For a second I thought you were in love with me. Silly me love has never worked for me and I'm afraid it never will.

Not my problem but you can see your way out my friend crib. We don't tolerate people who break the law and then try to set other people up. You and Milo played right into the deck of cards except this time you're the deck of cards nobody wants to deal with.

Kailani you're awake!

Who are you?

I’m your boyfriend Kailani, you don’t remember me?

Everything seems to be a blur. I honestly don’t remember anything.

I’ll get the doctor.

Kareem before we head back into the room your girlfriend is in I want you to know she has long term memory loss so she probably won’t remember the day she was beaten and raped.

How bad is she looking?

Well she did lose the baby, it’ll take her a few months to recover fully and be able to recognize the people who love her but I know if you continuously stay around her and try to help her regain her memory of you and her she will slowly but surely start to remember about the love yall once shared. 

Dr. Harris I know this is a bad thing to say but i’m glad she lost the baby I didn’t want her to have to give birth to a baby especially when she was forcibly raped.

I understand where you are coming from but as Kailani’s doctor I'm telling you to only bring up happy memories not bad memories, the bad memories could make her have an anxiety attack and she might not recover the same way as everybody is expecting.

Kailani you have pulled through some of the toughest battles me and a couple nurses didn’t think you would pull through but your boyfriend here told us to have a little more faith in you. I’m glad we did you are indeed a strong fighter.

Um doctor I don’t have a boyfriend.

Kailani it’s going to be a long road to recovery but Kareem and your friend Amber will be with you every step of the way. 

Who did you just say?

Your friends Amber and Kareem, Ariana couldn’t make it.

I remember the name Ariana.

When I was out of it I could see a girl standing over top of me and cutting inside my stomach and reaching her hand down in my blood and spelling pain on my body using my blood.

Kailani?

Are you okay?

Make it stop! Please make it stop! I don’t want to hear that name again!

Kailani if you know something, say something.

I don’t want to remember please stop!

Dr. Harris if she says she doesn't want to remember then leave her alone.

Alright fine, i’ll be back in a couple hours to see how she is doing.

Kareem is Kailani doing okay?

Amber what happened that night?

Why?

She is starting to remember bits and pieces and she just had a breakdown in front of the doctor. All she kept saying was she didn’t want to remember.

This is worse than I thought it was going to be.

Have you locked them psychopaths up yet?

Milo was taken in yesterday morning and they arrested Ariana an hour ago.

I’m thankful for that however she will not be testifying that night was horrible for her, I don’t want her to remember those events of her past. I want her to be able to start off new and fresh.

She won’t need to testify we have them on other charges as well.

Like what?

First degree murder, arson, attempted murder, assault & battery. They are looking at a lifetime in prison without parole. I will make sure they don’t see the daylight again.

I know at first I gave you a hard time and I just wanted to apologize you were just doing your job.

No need to apologize. We have to keep pushing for Kailani sake. She deserves better and we have tried to redecorate the apartment to make it look new so no images of that incident pops up.

I totally agree with you one-hundred percent. I’ll send you a check so you can get everything and I'll help you when everything gets delivered.

Kailani?

Yes Kareem?

Thank you.

Why do you say thank you?

For being my hero.

I didn’t do anything worth being a hero Kailani.

Yes you did you saved me, even when the doctor tried to make me remember a past so traumatizing you stood up for me. I love you to an infinity and I'll never forget this day. I never want to remember the past. It was dreadful and clawed my skin every chance it got. I know what happened but I choose not to remember a crazy past like mine. I just want to move forward with my life and move away so i’ll never ever have to remember anything that took place in my past.

I can make that happen baby I love you more than anything i’ll always be by your side no matter what.

January 05, 2021 23:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

TJ Squared
23:10 Jan 13, 2021

It's a little confusing at the beginning when they start talking and you don't put quotations on the sentences. It is also a little hard to follow, but otherwise, I think this is well thought out.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.