0 comments

Fantasy Teens & Young Adult

The library, the best place in the University. "University," it was always a funny word to me. It's nearly my name, "Universe." "Universe," when people think of the universe, they think of planets, stars, every possibility. It's not what the universe is at all. I've seen it, I've created it. It's mine, and I know it better than anyone else. But they dare think they know what's out there beyond their pathetic planet Earth. I know it's pathetic because I crafted it from my own creativity. I've learned it all from my father. Father, dearest father, if you are reading this, I'm alive. Your darkest and a mistake of a creation survived the fire. I'm here, but I'm waiting for your signal through the smoke. I can't see, but I can smell smoke, feel my strength returning to me, hearing people screaming and running away from me fills my veins with pleasure. The ashes of the trees surrounding me, providing me with a shield of protection. I'm coming for you, father.

I had a group of friends, but we weren't close though. We mostly hated each other, but we all united under one common enemy we all hated. We met in our fifth period on a Tuesday, or a school day.

Ty hated everyone, he saw himself as better than everyone else. He normally stood out of the group with his own group of "friends," which was the basketball team, he was in it. His short, blonde hair was almost always drenched in sweat. He had a six-pack, but never showed it off to people. I can honestly say that I never felt any attraction towards him.

Hailey was a pick-me of the group. Pesky, straw-colored, bitch who thought the world revolved around her. She never liked me, but I never liked her in return. She had long, blonde hair that she brushed for four minutes every morning to try and get boys' attention. Love to say that she miserably failed. She always wore short skirts and rich colors. They honestly seared my eyes. Teachers hated her. Everyone was ailing around her.

The library was filled to the brim with sweet smells of freshly bought books and creativity. Sparks of the brain written down on paper and published for the world to read and cherish. It was my safe haven, it always was. But in one specific corner, it always felt off to me. I could never tell what the feeling was, but it was like it was pulling me in from the inside to come closer and see what mysteries lied beyond the bookshelf. I always took control over myself and turned away, out of the library, always until the next day. This day, however, was not like the others.

I was walking down the hallway during dismissal when I felt that same hypnotizing feeling that I was being dragged into finding out what secrets the school hid from the students. I usually had the self control to break the hypnotization, but today, I didn't have the energy to do so. I had to let it take over my body, my legs felt weak. I wasn't going to be able to hold myself up any longer, so I just shook my head and headed into the library.

When I got there, not even the Librarian was there. It was after school and everyone was gone. My headache disappeared suddenly and made me feel a bit alarmed, but I regained my normal composure. I started walking to the corner when I heard hushed voices coming from the corner. I hid behind a soft sofa I used to sit on while reading during school. I could barely make out what the voices were saying, but I could make out a few words.

"Listen, the students here aren't going to feel its energy towards the gods."

Gods? What gods? I didn't know of any gods, but if that's what they were talking about, I knew I had to find out more, so I continued to listen closely.

Then the other voice muttered to the other.

"This is probably not a good idea... Did you not here about what happened to the gods' souls?" They sounded... scared? Their voice sounded younger and more higher than the other. The other's sounded deep and mysterious.

I couldn't help but think "What are they doing?" and "What gods?". I wanted to confront them, but I decided against it and took a more logical approach, in my opinion. I knocked a book off of the shelf from where I was hiding, but I remained hidden. The two mysterious people jumped slightly with surprise and curiosity. The more muscular one approached the fallen book and put it back on the shelf.

"Probably a rat, nothing to worry about." He growled and walked back to the other, shuffling his feet as he walked.

"What if someone's here?" The younger one questioned hesitantly. They didn't seem too fond of the idea of someone else there, which I can understand. I usually hate when I'm near people, which is almost every minute of the hour and every hour of the day.

"I don't give a shit, they can fight us for all I care, we need to keep this a secret, no matter what happens to us." The older one voiced passionately. After a few minutes, I could no longer hear them because of how hushed they were talking, but after around twenty minutes, I heard them walk away finally.

I waited a few more minutes in my hiding spot, then after I made sure the coast was clear, I walked to the corner. I felt the aura of mystery and misfortune. I saw petite purple and black particles coming from a book. I hesitantly walked closer to it, my feet dragging on the floor. As I reached out to touch it, the aura became visible. It was as it was colored steam rising from all sides of the book. I was a bit fearful to pick it up, but I faced my fears and reached out for it until it was safely secured in my grasp. It felt like any normal book, but the aura provided a sense a coldness. I looked up again and the entire bookshelf it was on had disappeared. But there was a doorway that led into a long hallway with a slight light at the end of it. My eyes widened in surprise and didn't go back to their original composure. I felt drawn to the light at the end of the hallway, so I started stepped slowly into the hall with the magic book clutched tightly in my hands, clutching close to my chest. As I walked down the hall, I saw the light getting closer and walked into a room. What I saw made me want to puke...

As I entered the room, the smell of rotting flesh filled my senses and I gagged a bit. I didn't puke, but I was close to it. I looked up and I saw my groups rotten corpses piled in a corner. They all had their eyes ripped out of their sockets, hanging by the vein that connects the eyeball to the head, their limps torn apart and stitched back onto different parts of their bodies, and their hair ripped out of their scalp. But a little bit after I saw their bodies, something from behind wrapped their arm around my face, preventing me from screaming for help, and after a few seconds, I felt my eyelids becoming heavy and I passed out.

I woke up a few hours later, tied to a chair and my lips stitched shut. I saw a broad and muscular figure standing in front of me with a seven-inch blade in one hand and a butcher's knife in the other. They slowly approached me and placed their hand around my neck, twisting it backwards, and that was the last thing I saw before I blacked out again...

November 08, 2023 22:05

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.