0 comments

Christmas Romance American

You all must know how people say miracles occur during the festival time. Well, it’s true. Let me tell you the story of Jenny and Harry, two rival bakers who fall in love during Christmas. Jenny is an amazing baker running the B - Bakery for almost 3 years now. She is very successful in her work, people of this town love her sweets, she was all happy and settled till Harry shifted his bakery shop in this town and too, right in front of hers. It took some time but Harry’s bakery was on fire. People loved Harry’s stuff too. This heated up things between the two bakers. Jenny started hating Harry very much, for interrupting her business and also for setting up his bakery right in front of hers. It was very painful for her to see her customers walking through the doors of Harry’s bakery store. It was not like she was broke but still, the sale was less. On the other hand, Harry was very happy and delighted, he bore no grudge towards Jenny and obviously why would he, his business was booming and making profits. Months passed by and finally, Christmas was on the corner. Well, that means annual holiday fare, every year on Christmas eve the town has a fare where all the craft people, bakers and more set up their stalls and people visit, see and buy. Jenny has been putting up her stall for almost 3 years now but for Harry, it was his first time. Harry was very excited for the fare, he had heard a lot about this fare and was eager to present the town with his Christmas collection but on the other hand, Jenny was a little scared. She has been having great time and profits in the fare for years but now she has competition. The fare starts to set up one day before, all the people come a day early and set up their stalls, decorate them and put up signs. Jenny was working very very hard on her Christmas collection. She spent a couple of nights up to come up with something new, something great and unique. Harry, on the other hand, was pretty relaxed and chill. Days passed and finally, it was the day before Christmas eve. Jenny went to the ground early in the morning, set up her stall and decorated it, it took 2-3 hours but finally, she completed it and covered it with a cloth. Harry and others came in the evening to set up their stalls. Harry saw the only stall set up in the ground and asked his friend, “who’s stall is this?”, “it’s Jenny’s stall, every year she comes early and sets it up before us.”, “Jenny! The one who runs the B - Bakery?”, “yeah, you saw her ever??”, “No.”, “what? Her bakery is right in front of yours!” he nodded and went to his stall. Finally, it was Christmas eve. Everyone in the town was very excited and happy except one, Jenny. She couldn’t sleep the whole night and was awake worrying about the fare. She dressed up early like 5 in the morning and started to make her way towards the ground, as she reached there she saw a beautifully decorated place. She took some rounds around the ground, staring at everyone’s stall and finally reached her’s. She just stared at it for a long time and then finally, removed the cloth from it. The stall was beautifully decorated, it could surely attract the eyes of every child. She started placing all the ingredients and chocolates in places and connecting her switches to the power place. After some time more people started to come and set up their stalls. Harry entered the fare and went to his stall (which was right in front of Jenny’s), he saw Jenny for the very first time and was captivated in her beauty, he could see her as an angel in the beautiful red dress and her dirty blonde hair tied up in a messy bun which is touching her fair skin. He was lost in her and was staring at her from across the path till his friend accidentally bumped into him. “Sorry, I didn’t see you there. Ohh it’s you Henry”, “she is Jenny?”, “what?”, he showed his friend the girl in which he was lost. “Yes, she is Jenny. Isn’t she looking very pretty today.”, “Yeah, very pretty. So beautiful.” and his friend left. Jenny was very busy working, but for a moment she looked up and saw Harry, she was fascinated by his blue eyes and his pretty hair but then her eyes struck the board and all the feelings disappeared. The hate she had for Harry was more than anything and a lot will take to forgive him. The day was busy, the fare was chirping with children and teenagers laughing and screaming. People were having a delightful time and everyone was with their loved ones, so the same way Harry’s heart and mind were also lost in Jenny, he just wanted to talk to Jenny. The day finally came to an end and the fare was empty. Every owner of the stall was staying back to dismiss his/her stalls. At last, taking advantage of the situation Harry came to Jenny (who  was facing the other way) and asked her, “How was your day?”, “nice, better than I expected. How was yours?”, “magical!”, “Woah! cool, I’m just so happy that I didn’t get interrupted by that asshole Harry today. Why did he even come to this place?(turning towards Harry)”, there was a moment of silence, both Harry and Jenny were lost in each other’s eyes but breaking the silence Jenny said, “I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean it this way. It’s just from when you entered this town my sales have been very low. I’m just a little sad.”, “it’s okay. You have all the rights to be sad and angry at me. I’m sorry I ruined your business, I never meant any harm.” The silence was back and this time it was for an even longer period. “So what are your plans for tomorrow?”, “Nothing in specific. What are yours?”, “Oh me, I’m just taking you out for dinner.”, “What!”, “Hey! Please don’t say no.”, “Okay, at 5:00, my bakery.”. Harry smiled and left, Jenny couldn’t understand, she just said yes to the enemy for dinner. While they were talking both were so lost in each other’s beauty that they couldn’t resist but ask each other out.The two were very happy when they reached home. Finally, it was Christmas, the festival of love and joy. The bells were ringing, the city was decorated and children were dancing. Harry and Jenny were both up early in the morning, they made breakfast, cleaned the house and went for a bath. Jenny could not figure out what to wear for the evening but finally, she found a dress. At 4:30 Jenny made her way to the bakery and was surprised to see Harry already standing there. He was taken aback by her beauty. The hot pink dress with a black jacket made Jenny even more beautiful. They greeted each other and started to walk, they started talking, talking about the life they have, talking about their backgrounds and how similar they are. Jenny and Harry were enjoying the date. They reached the fanciest restaurant in the town and got the most charming view table. The rest of the evening was spent with delight and both Harry and Jenny were happy to get to know each other. After dinner, they made their way for a walk to Jenny’s house. As they reached her door Harry said, “I had the best evening ever. It was so nice to get to know you. Hope we can do it more.”, “I had the best evening too. But firstly, I’m sorry, I said very bad things behind your back. I should have talked to you first.”, “it’s okay”, he said touching her face. “You’re under the mistletoe!!”, they heard a scream and immediately looked up. They just looked in each other’s eyes and gently kissed.

THANKYOU

December 12, 2020 03:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.