Changing someone's past and future all at once

Submitted into Contest #75 in response to: Write about someone whose job is to help people leave their old lives behind.... view prompt

0 comments

Drama Contemporary

 Sandy has been helping people for many years, she loves to help others out of hardship. Others in relationships where they are in serious danger. In situation they are not able to get out of on their own with out putting their family in jeopardy. She has safe homes she brings her clients to arranges their stay as well as their travel to where they may re-establish themselves. She really loves her job although she is very secretive about her life. Not only does she help people but she has a small shop down town coffee and pastries. Sandy’s coffee & Sweets, everyone in the community loves the place it has been there now for 13 years. It also gives her the upper hand being in with the community. She has people who run the business most of the time at this point.

 Such a beautiful fall day out as Sandy looks around outside observing things around the shop walking in. As she walks in she looks around at everything, smiles at her employees greeting them warmly, “ Hello all, How’s everyone today? So happy to see you all as always.” she walks back through the building into the office. Her manager follows her back through, “I am glad you stopped in Mrs. Sandy, I wanted to go over some numbers with you as well as ask you about some new fall flavors that we may want to add.” Sandy answers Anna, “ sounds great I wanted to go over a few things with you.” They both walk into the office and sit in front of the computer. Anna enters in her password bring up all the back office information. The two ladies discuss and decide on the plans of flavors and a few other adjustments to better mange the operation of the business. The hustle and bustle of the town became under way. As the store begin to fill up with regular patrons Sandy tells her workers good bye and thank them for such a excellent job. She also told the patrons hello, thanked them and made her way out the bakery.

 The world has so many things happening many do not look at others lives or what they maybe going through. Sandy had prior arrangements to help a young lady and her two young children leave their life behind, and never look back. This lady has had to put up with mental and physical abuse. He is wrong to touch her though she would put up with anything for her daughters, but now he is targeting them. She has to get away and get them away before he badly hurts or kills one of them, no one deserves that in life. This is why Sandy loves what she does for a living even if she has to spend some of her money or allow them to stay in one of her properties or with her. She started out with nothing, and begin helping people. Eventually she saved enough to buy a property, refurbish, and sell. Once she had sold a few places that way she begin buying and renting, and then purchased her bakery all by the time she was 26 years old. It is not that she made a lot off everything, but just made good buys and sells that she always turned profit, saving, and putting funds back into all her businesses. So at 6 p.m. she is to be at the corner of Hoover st. And Stone ln. She has been driving around for a few cause she was a bit early. They do this as a team, Sandy created a organization they have people who help get the people out of the residence to the ride secure, and then the team of bodyguards at least 6-8 at each job.

 Sandy pulls up at the corner gets out of the car to go meet with everyone. As she is walking up she checks her weapons and protection to make sure she is covered. Everyone is there James, Lee, Tim, John, Joe, and Alex all the bodyguards, “Hello, fellas thank you for coming. Please keep your eyes wide and be ready for anything, we never know in these situations. Okay Janessa, Girl this is your client, do you have her file? Let’s go over the info real quick again.” Janessa smiles at Sandy, “Yes ma’am, it is my case and I have the file. The lady he name is Annette, is is 5’5” 115 pounds small thing. She has two little girls one who is 8 months just walking, and the other going on two years. The husband is the father of both children and the abuse came after the kids, and since the last one it has became worse and she is worried he maybe will hurt their daughters. This has become a very dangerous situation and they need help and some love and happiness in these ladies lives,” Thanking everyone for listening close as well as tells them to be safe. Sandy thanks everyone again, asking everyone to take a moment to pray together. After they pray they begin to execute the plan.

 Two body guards stay at the vehicles watching the apartments, two at the entrance of the apartment buildings, and two with the team as they go up to grab the client Annette. They go in and the elevator is broke, they all knew this going in so they begin the journey up the stairs to the sixth floor. They continue to climb then take a right at the sixth floor all the way at the end of the hall on the right. Janessa went to the door to knock as she did Annette opened the door. The girls were smiling happy to see Janessa, Sandy loves to see that when the clients love to see the people who have been transitioning them out of the hell of life they are in. “Hello Annette, How are you? Let us get this going. Do you have anything packed, did you have time?” Janessa begin to get the information they needed to know they have very little time to work to get them out. Annette answers Janessa, “Yes ma’am we have had the chance to get some things together. I have gave the girls a bath and fed them also.” “Okay well no worries on that, let us just get anything else you want to take with you and get the heck out of her girl.” Sandy said to the ladies with a wink and smile.

 The two business associates with the ladies those gentlemen Ray and Steven carried the bags and the bodyguards carried some as well. Sandy got the 8 month old and Janessa got the toddler. The ladies put Annette walking in between them then their associates and bodyguard’s surrounding them all. They begin to head down to the lobby and exit to the other bodyguards. Sandy hit the walkie-talkie radio, “hey John, how are we looking coming out the front?” He responded back quickly, “Yes ma’am, The cost is clear come on out.” Sandy lets the group know, “Okay we are clear let’s keep it moving.” They all keep going down the steps they have two more fights to go and they will able to exit the building. Once they are all in the vehicles and out of their not seen by anyone who could tell anything, then they will be safe. They get to the door, the other bodyguards hold the door to allow them all out then they follow behind everyone looking around to make sure no one sees them leave with the ladies. They get everyone into the car and off to the safe place already known by everyone the vehicles split off in pairs for safety as well.

 They get to the safe place where the ladies can have a few nights of peace before they have to travel to their new home where it is intended they have a peaceful life for the rest of their lives. In this time Sandy makes sure that the hotel any of her clients go to are safe, plus the bodyguards stay there too. Everything seemed to go well. After Sandy rented the rooms, Janessa got Annette and her daughters set up in their room comfortable and safe. They had to make this move on a weekend so they will have Annette stay here til Monday. Then come Monday the team will get their things together for a road trip to drive the family to meet other associates who will drive her to the new town they will live in. They have a nice two bedroom home for her as well as a job and childcare. This will help her to get back on her feet and maybe have a great future for her and her daughters.

 Sandy gets such gratification out of her job, not only does she hlep these families, but she is also able to stay in touch with them to see them do well in their lives. This is with all her clients many have had nothing but success in their lives. There were a few that fell off and went back to those abusive lives as if they had nothing else, but after living that way for so long that is what they know. In all the years she has had both female and male clients, Yes there are women that abusive the man needs to find a way to escape. They were just as appreciative as the women being able to make a better life for them and their children. Sandy Thanked everyone for their services today, and they all know the plan, “I will see you all when we are suppose to meet. Everyone knows their positions. If anyone needs anything please call anytime you need to or text that is fine too. Everyone have a good night. Janessa, walk me to my car please?” As Sandy begins walking toward her vehicle, Janessa answers, “Of course coming.” she comes jogging up on her. “Thank you girl. This went well today seems to be as planned. I am very impressed with all you have learned. I am pleased with your love in this job, just as I do it means a lot.” Janessa smiles very big telling Sandy she thinks a lot of her too. “I really appreciate you Sandy, you care so much for the clients. You are right I do too and love helping others. I knew this was the place for me, and take so much pride and love in this. I really am happy to be on the team and I will take in all you want to teach me.

 Sandy has made herself an amazing team, and it is so hard to help a person or people leave their old life behind and make a whole new life for themselves and their families if the have one. Sometimes people have no way out of a situation with out help from others. Not many organizations offer the protection, support, and care that Sandy’s offers. They all put a lot into this to help them to leave the horrible life behind as distant memories to move on to a positive bright future. 

January 09, 2021 01:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.