0 comments

Drama

“Paul, it’s so scary, do you really think he will turn up again,” Sheena fumbled with a faint voice.”Don’t worry dear he will not do any harm to us “. “He is just a stray who barges into the household to steal food”. “I hope you are right” Sheena murmured. “I am feeling so sleepy, but I cannot close my eyelids because of this stray thief”. “What on earth are we doing, he has escaped in stealth in other household, but today we won’t let him escape”. “Hmm, it’s would be a real relief for everyone around” exclaimed Sheena.

“Do you remember the last time when he tried to barge into the neighbourhood , our neighbours, were happily dreaming in their own world” said Paul “Yes you are right Paul, I heard some noise next door, But I was so sleepy the I just dozed off”.  “I woke up and ran out with a stick, that bandicoot rushed out with a scare on his face”. “He just stayed away from his mischief for a few days and now he has started again.” Paul narrated his brave attempt to shoo the thief.

“Oh, God, did you notice his moustache, he looks like a demon,” said Sheena. “When did you see him, you are always scared of him, I saw you under your blanket shivering “, Paul laughed. “ Don’t mock at me, even you are scared cat, I saw you with a stick but many were behind you to cover you” Sheena giggled aloud. Paul frowned and said, “He is hefty and strong and I need a backup to protect me “.   “It’s very peculiar that he is always hungry and attacks the kitchen first then he creates a rampage in the whole house before leaving”. “The whole house would turn out a mess after his exit”, said Paul.

“We have to make a strategic plan to capture him and put him behind the bars, he has created havoc in the whole neighbourhood”, said Paul. “What is your plan to capture him, it’s already 10:00 pm and he would turn up in a few hours from now?” asked Sheena with a curious look.

“Sheena, don’t you think he is smart and a punctual thief, he chooses a household once in a week and barges in to steal food and without leaving any evidence he escapes.” said Paul. “You are right Paul, he is one smart brat, he devours every morsel and escapes”, said Sheena.

“What is your plan to nab the thief, my brave husband can we just discuss?” asked Sheena “Hmm, there is secret I want to share with you, I have a magic wand with me with which he cannot escape easily” whispered Paul in a very low tone. Sheena giggled hard, “Ho,ho, you have wand to nab him ,did you grab the wand from an angel, don’t fool me Darling , and I know you are just kidding” .” Do I really look like a comedian to you ,just lower your tone , the thief might be here in any moment now.”

“Ok, now tell me what is it ,I want the menace not to ruin my house with his antics” .said Sheena with a frown on her face. “Just stay calm, I hope you know the story of a Pied Piper who could attract any being by his music . His music was so melodious that he could attract even small children. But his music was invited to uproot the menace created by bandicoots and rats. He succeeded in terminating the menace by his melody”. Sheena interrupted “Don’t brag on with your stupid fairy tales , I have heard this story when I was a very young kid, tell me , what have you planned to nab the culprit”.

“Oh , God don’t be so impatient”, said Paul. “ I have a magical instrument which will mesmerise the thief and he will come looking for me, I don’t need to run behind him to nab , he will fall prey to my music”. “Whaaat? “, yelled Sheena “Don’t tell me that you will play the flute to attract the thief,”

“You dumbo, that was just a fairy tale , woven to admire the children “ said Sheena . Paul was very angry, “How dare you call me a dumbo , don’t you know that I’m a flautist, I’m sure I can attract the thief by my divine music”, said Paul. “If you think so fine then, you give a try , but don’t stop me if I taunt you “ laughed Sheena. “ Ok , let’s do it” Paul pulled out his magic wand and started playing it. “Oh god what is that shrieking sound , “ thought the thief. He was hiding behind the refrigerator . He just sneaked out unable to hear the shrieking music.”Horrifying music, I just cannot stand it , I thought of devouring the food and create a rampage in this house but I feel I have to escape from this horrible atmosphere”. The thief ran away and he didn’t turn up for a week.

“Sheena,” yelled Paul “What have you done to my flute , I cannot find it anywhere , it’s time for my practice, please find it for me”. “ Yes I will find it for you , after the havoc you have created last week. It’s good that the thief is not to be seen around past a week. It’s really great that your plan worked and the whole neighbourhood is praising your smart strategy to shove the thief. But dear look at our house , the glass panes of the windows are broken into bits and pieces and my cutlery are powdered . Above all that I have gone deaf my dear “, screamed Sheena. “ Your music has created more havoc than the thief would’ve done it”. Sheena was furious, Paul was silent . Sheena continued ,” O , Music Maestro forget your flute I gave to the junk seller he played better than you” Sheena giggled. Paul was silent . The whole colony was silent without the thief hampering their sweet dreams. After a long pause the thief entered the scene . But he couldn’t enter Paul and Sheena’s house , “No , it’s not the shrieking music of Paul but a guard which could nab and devour the stealthy thief of the colony.” “Paul, look the thief is no more , he is inside the guard’s tummy “,laughed Sheena . Paul was silent without a word .

January 15, 2021 17:53

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.