0 comments

Fiction Romance

“There goes the drop do you feel the drop Eddie, do you feel the drop.” “Hell, yeah Dave, I am feeling that drop oh yeah, whoo, man this DJ knows how to jam yes.” Dana jumps into the mix from behind. “He’s so good I can’t believe you guys trashed him last year.” “Well yeah we did because we were like maybe he can’t quite cut it doing live performances but clearly he’s got it this year.” Dave and Eddie chime in. Dana jumps up and down as she circles around Dave and Eddie with her cut up short jeans with her purple halter crisscross bikini top, “Well, you guys owe me a drink thank you very much.” “Yeah, yeah we owe you a drink my mouth is a bit dry I need a drink now,” as Dave licks his tongue. “Hold on let’s stay here for a little while till DJ Gerardo finishes his set.” The drumbeats get louder and louder as the other concert goers jump up and down to the beats to the music. Dave starts to shuffle from left to right and goes down on the floor and starts to do a windmill. “Oh my god is he really doing the windmill now.” Dana yells. The other concert goers notice and start to form a circle around Dave. “Go Dave, go Dave, go Dave,” Eddie shouts. The crowd begins to clap and yell out his name as some of the other concert goers begin to dance in the circle and out of the left side of Dave a guy of average height with a crew cut with a Spiderman fitness shirt slides in the middle of the dance floor. “Holy shit where’s the party at?” Dave smiles, “Oh shit it’s about to get real now, Chris you mother fucker coming in trying to upstage me,” as Dave hovers over Chris lying on the floor.  “Come on you know I always have to make an entrance,” as Chris jumps up to his feet and gives Dave a big hug. “Holy shit look at you, I thought you retired last year” Dana chimes in. Chris laughs and just admires the view.  “Well look at you wow I’m never going to retire now oh my god lord, have mercy, you’re Wonder Woman smoking hot.” Dana curls her biceps showing off her guns. “Yeah, strong feels good those workouts from Angela Gargano have been a game changer for me" Dana mentions. “Wow that American Ninja Warrior chick?” as Chris gets a feel of her toned biceps. “Wow if we weren’t friends, I would be hitting on you like crazy now throwing at you all my classic cool lines at you.” Dana laughs, “More like your corny cheesy lines.” “Oh, come on those lines have gotten the attention of many.” Chris mentions. “Yeah, many of your exes” “Ouch that hurts”, as Chris holds his chest. “Okay it’s time to get some drinks let’s celebrate. “Eddie mentions. “Yeah, time for some drinks let’s hit up the Smirnoff Drinking tent.” “Whoa you guys got the VIP section pay no expense cool.” Chris mentions. “What didn’t you go VIP Mr. Retiree? Dana asks. “Funny, funny I did the same.” “Wow look at you oh I am going to retire I’m done your so full of shit.” Dana says. “Enough yapping let’s go and get some drinks now.” Dave says.  

Dave, Dana, Eddie, and Chris head into the Smirnoff drink tent as the kaleidoscope of beats envelop the festival. “Okay a toast to E-Zoo and us finally being all together as one whoo, raise your drinks.” Dave shouts. “Whoo, yeah and we’ve got the lovely Dana making us look good.” as Chris raises his drink.” “Easy tiger, I can put you in a choke hold,” Dana says. “Hmm yeah I don’t think I want any part of those guns around my neck,” as Chris takes a feel of his neck.  “You guys are a riot so what’s next?” Eddie asks “Well we can go to the retirement tent for a bit and just chill for a few to reserve our energy for later. Dave suggests. Chris agrees, “That’s sounds great,” “I think DJ Carl Cox is performing?” Dave mentions. “What no way let’s do it,” Chris says. Dave, Eddie, Chris, and Dana head out of the Smirnoff stage and walk towards the right side of the festival facing the East River towards the Deep House tent as the neon-colored lights flashing with a gigantic screen behind the DJ playing slides of the New York City skyline and buildings throughout the season. As the four are a few feet away from the Deep House tent, there is another tent about 10 feet away on the right side of the Deep House tent. The tent sticks out for the purple color tent top. The beats are melodic as in the distance a female DJ is in front of a screen playing beautiful snow-covered mountaintop scenes. Dana’s eyes light up as she just gravitates towards the purple top tent. “Dana where are you going?” Eddie asks. “Don’t you see a female DJ is playing up there and I need to support my female DJ’s and just the soothing melodic sounds wow I can’t, later Deep house.” Dana starts to run towards the tent. “Okay, we will text you where we go next after the retirement tent.” Eddie yells. “Whoa, Dana just ditches us,” Dave questions. “Yeah, it seems like that well not to worry I’ll keep an eye on her besides it’s always nice to catch a new DJ.” “Yeah, sure you do, I saw how you looked at Dana today your eyes and face just lit up when you saw her, dude you always had a thing for her.” Dave says. “What me come on we are friends I mean she yeah she looks absolutely stunning today and well, listen let me catch up with her.” “Yeah, you do that while Eddie and I will text you what tent we are at later on, good luck.” Dave mentions.

Chris runs after Dana and yells, “Dana hold on girl wait up.” Dana looks around as a wind comes gusting blowing her brunette long silky hair all around covering her face. “Wow you’ve got that cover girl look.” Chris says. Dana laughs, “Seems you’re out of breath Chris.” “Well, we aren’t all Wonder Woman strong, I think I need to hop on Angela’s workout routines. Chris mentions. “Yes finally, I’ve been telling you all this time to hop on.” Dana mentions. The melodic beats and tantalizing mountaintop scenes playing on the gigantic screen behind DJ Nora En Pure’s name flashing above the screen with fire themed neon lights, as Chris and Dana begin to dance and let the music control their bodies. “Wow she’s good love the beats so soothing and just relaxing wow.” “How is everybody doing this is DJ Nora En Pure how are you doing New York?” DJ Nora shouts to the crowd. The beats get a little harder and with some trance female vocals as Chris takes Dana’s right hand and as he leads her into a spin, Dana spins around as Chris slightly touches her lower back with the right hand as she moves in closer to him. “Wow you’ve been taking some dance lessons, haven’t you?” Dana asks. Chris laughs, “Who me come on I was born with these moves.” Dana chuckles, “Your moves were a bit all over the place is what I remember.” “Wow nothing gets pass by you, damn,” as Chris looks at Dana’s hazel eyes and kisses her as Dana closes her eyes as her right hand goes down and squeezes his right butt. Chris opens his eyes stunned and closes his eyes and continues to kiss Dana. They continue to kiss as they continue to groove to the beats of the music for a little while. “New York make some noise,” DJ Nora yells to the crowd. Chris and Dana take a breather. “Wow oh my god holy shit,” Dana says. “Yeah, holy shit is right you’re amazing Dana oh man,” as Chris catches his breath. “I guess there was a lot of things we had to get off our chest.” Dana smiles. Chris smiles as his eyes takes a look at her purple crisscross halter bikini top. “Okay easy their tiger,” as Dana gives a push to Chris. “I’m sorry you always look beautiful and wow I didn’t realize you liked me like that as well.” Chris says. “I don’t know it just feels right and I’ve always liked you ever since the first time we met in college as you introduced your goofy self after acting class at the Ginkgo tree.” Dana mentions. “Yeah, I’ve always liked you too but didn’t want to rock the boat with our friendship, so I tried to keep it cool, but today the atmosphere and music it’s been about a year and a half since we were able to get out and have fun after the pandemic, it just showed how life is so short and well why waste time you know,” as Chris holds Dana’s hand. Dana puts her hand on Chris’s chest as she looks at him. “Come on let’s get out of here,” Dana mentions. Dana and Chris leave the top purple tent as they head off past the Smirnoff drinking area and into another tent which was playing trance female vocal tracks by DJ Ferango. Dana looks at her phone. Chris asks, “Who’s texting you Eddie or Dave?” “Dana smiles it’s Eddie wondering where we are, I just texted him back that we got lost and are heading out of the festival. “What we are?” Chris questions. “Yeah, sure why not we can take the ferry back to East 34th and have some drinks at Sid’s Gold’s Request Room which have some good cocktails and sing some music with the piano in the background,” as Dana kisses Chris. “Hmm, yeah I love singing karaoke, but this is a step up from Iggy’s Bar for sure,” Chris says. “Come on Chris let’s get lost in the big city together,” as Dana takes Chris’s hands as they walk towards the ferry out of Randall’s Island to go back to Manhattan Island. Dana and Chris get on to the ferry as the night falls as they are on the second deck of the ferry kissing under the moonlight while the ferry sails away from the festival. 

May 15, 2021 03:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.