Stokes Family and Troubles

Submitted into Contest #8 in response to: Write a story about an adventure in a small town.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure

"Are you sure about this place?" confirming Matt.


"I too have this same question", said the girl standing beside Matt, Anna.


" Both of you, it's true that we have ten days of vacation. And if we would have traveled to some exotic place then we would have enjoyed less as compared to this place and it's in our way to the target place where we have to submit the file", replied the questioned person, Logan.


"And here we relax for 12 days then 10 days at an overpopulated place ", Coraline added one more advantage.


The nine friends had arrived at a small village known as Heena Village. Their boss Arana Roy gave them a break of ten days with a file to submit the person under seven day after their vacation. From Heena village, the target destination was three days far.


The leader of the group is Oliver with the other two heads Coraline and Logan. And rest with high professional skills Lex, Lois, Max, Viviana. And the two youngest Matt and Anna.


" All of you come here", called Lex and Lois who were standing and waving their hands in front of a shop which 20 meters away from others. They all moved towards them the shop was having many different items. Lex and Lois passed the clay cup filled with tea to everybody. 


"Tea tastes so good", commented Coraline and Logan. 


" Don't forget about the pleasant smell of tea", added Lex and Lois.


"And this isn't ordinary getting tea in a clay cup", said Viviana.


" Hey, Matt and Anna stop being unhappy try to enjoy everything.", said Max.


"This is completely boring", shouted Matt with an annoying voice.


"Yeah, I agree with you", said Oliver. He came near to Matt with the cup in his hand and sat between Matt and Anna.


" I wonder if a bar would be there", wished Oliver."Then you can also have some for the first time".


"Well we only 18 years old not like rest of you we have crossed the age 23", disagreed Anna.


"Young Man there is no bar in his entire kingdom", interrupted the shop owner. " But Why? Shopkeeper "asked Coraline.


" Due to taxes", said old shopkeeper. "From ages, our kingdom has been in troubles people of our country were never safe from outside forces. And on one day a man came and saved our country his name is ' The Dark King Seiji', he allowed our king to use his name which will keep away the enemy on demand of 500Kg gunpowder and 1000L alcohol and wine."


"Our Kingdom was only dependent on exports and imports with a low economy government can afford more expenses so at the end taxes increased to establish the industry of Gunpowder and Alcohol", continued the old shopkeeper.


" What? Who is this Seiji?", asked, Oliver.


"He is one of the three powerful people who ruled over underworld", said Logan.


" Kingdom Rose Gold has such problems", said Max.


After talking for a while they went to a place which Logan had rented previously. Arranging their stuff they only manage to find a place with three rooms then it was only option three in each room.

Next day, everyone went to shrines of a Heena Village with the constant disapproval of Matt and Anna. They walked through the mountains to the deepest part of the flora land to visit the shrine.

On the third and fourth day, they decided to rest at their place while enjoying the campfire till then Matt and Anna have forgotten about complaining.

And finally, on Fifth day, they stepped out from Heena Village to the capital of Rose Gold Kingdom, Charkat Cape. They were quite surprised that many people from the village were also heading toward the capital. There're only two buses which go to the capital in a day. They're heading to the capital on an overloaded bus. 

Matt and Anna were constantly gazing at Coraline who called his place less crowded. She was making any eye contact with them and then she started looking at the other passengers.

[Something is strange with these people] thought Coraline. The entire journey was eight hours long because they were preparing the entire last night while packing their stuff. Everybody falls asleep on the bus except Coraline, she was not tired much either. 

Logan woke at the last two hours of the journey. He saw Matt's head on Coraline's lap and Anna on her shoulder.

"Well, this is a lovely scene", commented Logon who was sitting next to Matt. 

" You're awake, Logan come here", asked Coraline and he brought his ears nears to her. "The other passengers are odd, they look completely serious."

They were sitting on the last seats so the entire view of the bus was visible. He looks at the passengers who were very quiet.

"Don't bother them", he said. " I am also awake now and don't worry I will have my eye

on them". Both took the sigh of relief.

After one and half hour all them were awake and smoothly reached to the Charkat Cape. It was evening and they managed to find a hotel. But only got two rooms, one room for girls, and another for boys. This was hard for all of them, but another option was also not available. And at midnight, Oliver woke up for the cigarette and decided to went to the garden of the hotel.

After ten minutes of spending time there, he heard a crying voice and he was sure the voice was coming out of the hotel. He followed it he came out and also found there was no guard at the entrance. After walking a few steps away he found out a young boy sitting at the corner of the road crying with an injured leg and blood was coming out.

He walked near to him and asked, "Boy, what are doing here at this late?"

Boy didn't reply to him. Oliver saw the wound which was the bigger one he stopped the blood by raping his napkin on the wounded place. He took the boy in his arms who stopped crying but didn't spoke. And suddenly from a car arrived in front of them, a women came out from the car and took the boy in her arms. After confirming, Oliver wasn't a kidnapper but a saver from the boy, she and the driver immediately thanked him and learned his name before leaving.

On the sixth day in the morning, everybody was awake except Matt and dressing up. Coraline had already gone to see to check the places for the visit. Suddenly room Bell of girl's room ranked, Viviana opened the door with two men asked for Oliver Stokes.

"Oliver Stokes Yes, I am his sister Viviana. Can I ask your business with him?"

"Sure Miss, Your brother Oliver Stokes saved our Prince Ace Hawkins last night and our King has invited him for a banquet".

" What Prince? You might be mistaken let ask him", she then went inside the boy's room and then she told him. He was also shocked and surprised like the others. He went out of the room with her.

"Sir Oliver, our King John Hawkins has invited you and your family and friends for a banquet", said one of man in a black suit.

" You may have mistaken we all are brothers and sisters", corrected Oliver happily.

"Pardon me, Sir"

"Our cars are ready outside would you all like to come, Sir?"

"Yeah Sure, Give up fifteen minutes".

He went inside the girl's room then to his room to explain everything. Everybody was happy and can't in their luck even Matt also woke up. Logan called Coraline to come after she came she told everyone to dress up well because it was not their usual visit. They all were perfectly dressed up and went with those two-men.

When they reached the Palace of King, they're not much surprised they knew how the place may look like. Matt and Anna were finally happy that they got something to enjoy today. They're greeted by many guards while entering the palace. They're finally able to feel the royalty in their life. The two men took them to a huge Hall in the Palace. 

"Dear Guests, please have the seat", said the man. The seat they were asked to seats was so much beautiful and amazing. And the hall was the most beautiful place they have ever visited in their lifetime. 

Then the boy came to then Oliver stud up and shake hands with him. " Hello, Gentleman My name is Ace Hawkins".

 "Hello, Ace, I am Oliver Stokes and these are mine bothers and sister"

When Ace turned towards them they all greeted him. "Greetings everybody, nice to meet you". Oliver then introduces others to Ace.

And before the arrival of King, all the musician and others took their places. When King arrived everybody stands up to pay their respect. 

"Oliver Stokes we are thankful to you".

" It's my pleasure king".

"Let's begin the banquet".

The banquet party begins in unstoppable songs and dances. Not only Matt and Anna but all nine of them were on a cloud of nine.

After three hours of party, the guard came with the bad news first he told the king and then to Generals after than everybody outside the hall went in a disturbing manner the solider were running everywhere. Then the music stopped.

" We apologize to you Guests," said one of the general.

"What had happened?", asked Logan.

" The rebellion is on rage and has attacked the Palace", he said loudly.

"We are been ambushed", said another General.

" But how can do that?', the princess of the Kingdom, Historia. 

"This was trouble we have been scared of the princess", answered the General.

"There is around 3000 rebellion", said Generals.

"King, We the stokes family can do this. Our professional associations".

" What!?"

"Yes it's true but we are working for Justice".

" Although I don't have any choice I may allow you to help".

"Thank you for believing us, first what the defense", Logan and Lois asked.

" We have armed soldiers but we not killing them", said one of the General.

"No you have to take precautions Sir", said Coraline.

" Matt and Anna, help them in defense", ordered Oliver. "Rest of us will capture the leader of Rebel I need his few details".

" Follow me, Young man, I will tell you the details", said the General. After having the proper detail they went to outside the palace secretly.

...

"So according to you the best useable weapon you had is Gun Powder-based weapons", said Matt. " Throwing those weapons near the entrance of the palace is the last option to keep them away".

"Soldiers for the orders" shouted the General.

"But threw this you only keep them away for a quarter only", said King.

" This much time is enough for them", said Anna. "They will bring those rebel leaders here soon".

And her words came true, after three hours the heroes arrived with the rebel leader and the four captains of rebellion. Soon the rebellion army ran away there were only around 200 casualties.

"How you captured them?", asked King.

" King, we have vast numbers to use weapons which dumbfounded enemy there in the battlefield", replied Oliver.

Now the trouble was out from the kingdom. But the south wall failed to stand against the foes. That night they all slept in the palace with peace and strict security. 

Next-Day they were having breakfast with the royal family and they found out the treasure was stolen by the rebellion. The treasure was hidden by them somewhere in the city.

"Ignore it now, my people are safe and happy this is good", said King happily. He knew that treasure would have been already taken by other rebels earlier only.

" So you don't need the treasure? So can we take it"? asked Matt.

"Yes, you can".

After breakfast them there again the banquet party and it runs for hours. And after the banquet, the Stokes family gathered for the treasure. It was decided that Coraline, Logan, and Oliver will go and find the treasure out.

The three of them went their the area where they captured the Captains and searched for the entire night and morning. Finally, they found out a treasure. It's worth around 100 million dollars according to Logan.

...

In front of Wine Factory, the head General was talking to four men who had come for their monthly collection of wine and gunpowder weapons.

" Please listen to us we can't pay you anything now but till next month we will recover over debts," General said to those men.

"It's not our problem old man", they replied. They were eventually talking on the street so the public also gathered there.

" Yesterday only we had a civil war in our country and now to set up things we need time", requested the General.

"Our work is to protect you all from outside forces but this was an internal matter".

" Please try to understand the situation"

Then a phone ranged with a loud sound, the four men froze when they saw it was boss calling. 

"Hey you pick up"

"I can't why don't you do it"

"Please don't think of me"

"What to answer him?"

Then Oliver came from nowhere and pick up the call. 

"What's up who is there?", he said.

Those four men fell in shock. " Who are you? you are not my men?", the reply came.

"My name is Oliver Stokes soon to be getting rich".

" You don't need to mention that", the four men shouted. They got a little bit of relief when they heard the voice of the right hand of the boss.

"Oliver Stokes huh! What do you want?"

"They can't pay you wine and gunpowder"

"Oh! so the news is true and now it's their time to face hell".

" It's not their mistake we the Stokes family used your goods".

[Don't mention it kid]thought the General.

"I am ready to pay for them. I have a treasure worth 100 million".

" Huh! money We don't need that"

Then I another voice came from the line. It's was dark king Seiji.

"Forget Rose Gold Kingdom, Now I know that who are you, come here to my empire, let that there".

[He wants to kill him] though General. 

" Yeah, I may like to meet".

...

In the palace, everyone was shocked and speechless.

"What??? You challenge the dark king", shouted Lois.

" Where is the treasure you told me you found out the treasure", asked Lex.

"We all are going to die", cried Matt.

" My many wished are still left I can't die this easy" also cried, Anna.

When the king learned about their situation he warned them a lot. But in the end, they had to leave to the Red city where dark King was. Matt and Anna cried a lot counting those days as their last moments.

When they reached Red City, people from the dark King were already waiting for them. They royally took them to his mansion. 

"Welcome Stokes Family we were waiting for for you", greeted them the man who talked Oliver earlier.

[I will fight till the very end bravely]said Matt to himself.

[This will be your most terrible fight you bastard] said Anna to herself.

Then they took them to a certain empty place. " Took any weapon you want from the table, there will be a battle between nine vs nine". On that table, there were more than forty weapons with lastest quality. And the battle began nine vs nine, Logan three bombs towards them to create smoke and when the smoke disappeared all nine of them where standing far from each other. 

And at the opposite side two men were on the ground due to gun shout from Coraline. She then counted there was one man less, her eyes searched for him.

"Coraline at your back" shout Viviana

"Don't let your guard down lady".

And before she could turn back the man shot on her both legs. She shouted in pain and then Matt who was nearest to her ran towards the man but he too got shout on his left leg by another man. 

The man who shouted Coraline was going shot her head. Then Lex and Lois focused towards him but unfortunately, they got shot on their arms.

And before Coraline dies through his hands an old man arrived from nowhere and said, " Stop this". He shot the gun out of his hands.

"Are sure you want to do this", the killer man said.

" Leave them", ordered old man.

"You know, I can't do that when I have to answer to the dark king".

" Mr. Ohara, please just. walk away nice and easy".

And when he heard the name 'Mr. Ohara' he remembers that to this person they have to submit the file. Logan ran towards him and while he was running with risk. No one dared to use weapons in the presence of Mr. Ohara.

"Mr. Ohara I have a contract for your from Arana Roy", he said.

" Oh! from Arana, so all the ones who were sent by her".

"Yes, Sir"

"Call Seiji here, his business deals is here in my hands and hospitalize these kids".

" Sure Sir", replied the killer man.

"

Coraline, Matt, Lois, and Lex were sent to the hospital safely. Then rest of them learned from the Dark King Seiji that this contract was for the business deals for Asia and his few secret information. He also forgives them and gave back the treasure.


September 27, 2019 20:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.