2 comments

General

September 23

Dear Diary: It's 2:00 A.M. and I can't sleep. It always happens! I don't know what to do anymore. People may think that writing in a diary is wimpy, but for me, it's really helping. Anyways, I think I've tried everything. I've even tried sleeping pills which only made me feel sleepy at school so that was a bust. There was this thing on the internet and you had to tense up all your muscles and then like, relax. As you can assume it didn't work for me. See you tomorrow when I give more reports on my sleep! Good night Diary!

  September 24

Dear Diary: I'm so excited! I finally slept for the whole night! It’s so peaceful sleeping and not waking up every hour! We also got a new bed today so maybe that helped me. I went to school and like always some boys decided it would be funny to bully me about my sleep. I guess they had got to my diary. Whatever. Boys are stupid anyways. I got to hang out with my best friend Twinkle Toes. Her real name is Felicie, but she loves to dance so I call her Twinkle Toes. Sometimes I call her Twinkie. She taught me a little bit of dance. It was great.

   September 25

Dear Diary: I had a really weird dream. Like, I knew I was dreaming! While I was dreaming! I did some research and that's called Lucid Dreaming. Apparently when you Lucid Dream you can control what happens. Lucid Dreaming sounds so fun now that I actually know what it is. The site that I was on said that I should keep a dream journal, so this Diary is gonna be half a dream journal now.

September 26

Dear Diary: Once again I couldn't sleep. I ended up sleeping, but I had a nightmare that I was a bug and the Bully Boys (that's my new nickname for them), squished me. I woke up screaming. My mom and dad weren't happy about that. I stayed up all night reading.

September 30

Dear Diary: Sorry that I haven't been writing for a long time. We went to Alabama so we could see my grandma. It was very boring. I had forgotten to take you so I will tell you my dreams right now. On the 27th I had a really cool dream that I was a scientist and had discovered the cure for Cancer. I don't think that what I had learned in my dream was real because the antidote was just salt, water, and soap. I can't remember any other dreams of mine.

October 1

Dear Diary: Halloween is coming up! I'm extremely excited. The Bully Boys read my Diary again. I'm thinking that instead of calling it my Diary, I'll say you cause technically I'm talking to you. I'm going to have to find a better place to put you than in my desk. Actually, I think I should tell the teacher about how they're looking in my desk. Maybe that will teach them to not mess with me. Ha. I sound like a superhero talking about villains.

October 2

Dear Diary: I told Ms. Strechberry, my favorite teacher of all time about the Bully Boys looking in my desk. She said she'd look into it. The Bully Boys came up to me today and called me a tattle-tale and threatened to beat me up if I told on them again. I wanted to say something back, but I was too scared about what they would do to me if I did. I kept quiet. This bed is really helping me with my sleep. I did toss and turn a bit, but I also had another Lucid Dream. In my dream, I defended myself against the Bully Boys. They said that I looked ugly and I said that I was trying my best to look like them. I've decided that if they ever are rude, I'll defend myself like I should!

October 3

Dear Diary: I had another nightmare today. Felicie said that I was ugly and never wanted to talk to me. I woke up crying. My mom and dad also weren't happy about that. The Bully Boys were at it again. They called me stupid. I wish I had come up with a better comeback than "Umm, well you're stupid!" but life goes on I guess. I'll think of a better one later.

October 4

Dear Diary: They bully boys called me ugly and I finally replied with something that made sense! I guess I can call the Bully Boys just boys now cause they leave me alone! Haha. Get it?

October 5

Dear Diary: Felicie showed me a bit more dance today. I really think I'm getting the hang out of it! The best part today! I had another Lucid Dream. I think the suggested dream journal is really working! In my dream, I got a hundred percent on my test and then it happened in real life! Life's going pretty well if I do say so myself.

October 6

Dear Diary: I'm reading this super cool book called Dear Dumb Diary and it's really similar to me and you! This girl always starts her entries with dates and the Dear Diary thing. But she also adds like some type of warning at the start of the book. For example, she's like "And if you read my diary you'll have to do the makeup of a clown with saggy skin and you'll have to cram the makeup under the creases and crevices of the clown's skin." She's harsh! But her introductions usually have some type of thing to do with the actual book itself.

October 7

Dear Diary: It's 12:00 A.M. and I've given up on trying to sleep. If I sleep, I sleep. If I don't sleep then too bad for me! At least I have you to write in. And that gives me comfort. Peace out. Imma try and go to sleep now!


April 07, 2020 23:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Tayyibah Adelaja
23:04 Apr 07, 2020

Hi, guys! This is my first story and I would LOVE some feedback. Well, it's the first story I've done on here. I really hope I win and wish the best for others as well. Love y'all!

Reply

22:29 Jan 12, 2023

hi

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.