1 comment

Romance

Waiting in line at the super-Market I reach over to grab a KitKat bar and I suddenly felt a hand touch mine. Slowly turning around I noticed a man with blonde hair and blue eyes, a slight golden blonde beard that was freshly cut and trimed. He was just reaching back to grab the same candy bar but he wasn't paying attention. "Sorry," he says. I said your fine with a huge smile on my face not realizing I was smiling extra hard unintentionally. We moved up and the lady takes my grocery's and I leave out after paying for my things near the car I hear footsteps and I hear a voice say "Excuse me? I gasp and jump from being frightened. "Omg you scared me!" I said. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to," he said with the perfect smile of grace. " I smiled hard again but this time it was definitely intentional. "You're fine" I said as I stood there gazing at him is obsession. He said."you left this Kit Kat and my number." Taking both of them out of his hand, I said "oh wow thank you."Realizing how excited I was I started to say "Sorry I did not mean to sound so excited about that I appreciate it." He said, "no it's fine It was cute actually, that means you'll actually call me!" I said, "Of course!" He smiled and walked away, and I turned away hoping I didn't give off this creepy vibe of excitedness and panic. My heart was beating fast the whole ride home. I waited and waited for the right time to text him and time went by faster then expected and it was midnight so I had to wait until the next morning. "Good morning this is Arielle from the Market last night I never got your name!" I said hoping I sounded as normal as possible. 5min went by and still no response. Getting in my car to head for work I got a text message driving over the speed limit I tried to open and read the message quickly trying to pace myself and stop I tapped the car in from of me. Taking a deep breath I followed the car to the side of the road. Getting out of my car to check his damage he got out and it was the guy from the market. He smiled, and I covered my face in embarrassment. I said, "Welp guess you can sue me the right way because you have my number." He laughed and looked at the marks "It's fine he said it's just a tiny scratch. I said, "I was trying to read the message, and I know you shouldn't text and drive but I admit I tried but then this happened I'm so sorry and I never got your name. He walked closer to me, and he held his hand out offering a hand shake and said "Troy nice to meet you, Arielle." 12 months later it was our anniversary. Running around to gather myself after a long week of work. I was preparing myself for vacation with Troy. Meeting up with him and his mother at Ocean Prime restaurant this afternoon. She was over joyed when she saw me, and he couldn't stop smiling. I felt so special and loved. "I'll be right back darling I need to go to the restroom to freshen up a bit!" His mother said. Troy kissed me and said "wait until you see what I got you later. "I smiled and said "ew la la what is it?" He said it was a surprise. He then followed with "you are going to love it so much!" "Really?" I said with my eyes watering up in happiness. He kissed my hand, and I started to wonder off and think so myself. "He sounds like he got me something serious and I only got him a watch and a outfit or two. I snapped back to reality and said with a huge smile "Is it better then my gift?" He smirked and said "It depends on what you got me. Spending 2 hrs at dinner with him and his mom I couldn't bring myself to stop overthinking his gift. I didn't want something that he would categorize with normal gifts, but I also didn't want to under gift him. I wanted it to feel special just they way he makes me feel. After dinner we all went our separate ways until later tonight when Troy and I meet up again. I ran to a few more stores running around like a mad women. Finally getting to the sports store they didn't have his favorite items in stock. In the car I sat for about 20min running out of ideas. I started to lose it because I was running out of time. I called my sister's on 3 way phone call and they both ask what does he like. I started to name a few things then I sat in silence thinking harder and harder. I finally had an idea and hung up so fast going to purchase the item it was just about that time to meet with Troy at home he had the cutest set up ever with roses and candle lit dinner and told me to take a seat and wait for him to come out. After dinner we exchanged gifts I saved the best for last and so did he. He got down on one knee and said I know it's only been one year and a month but I feel this couldn't happen at a better time. This beautiful gorgeous ring he pulled out asking me to marry him. I'm am speechless, and I started to cry and say "My gift isn't this good!" I pulled out 2 tickets to his favorite soccer game, and he went insane his eyes lit up and I finally felt calm. He said,"You never said yes or no," I then replied, "Yes of course I will Marry you and he kissed me looking back at his tickets and said "This is the Perfect Gift!"

December 10, 2019 00:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Keith Manos
16:31 Dec 20, 2019

New speaker (dialogue) equals start a new paragraph. Be sure to add a period at the end of a sentence. Review how to use commas with dialogue and tag lines.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.