0 comments

Happy Inspirational Fiction

Time and opportunities wait for no one.

.

        This happened to Mary as well. She had a job in a small company for 3 months. She had a job with a nice boss and colleagues. She can work well with the task. She was happy. But there was an offer from a big company that she aimed to do a job that is challenging for her, it needed to use her knowledge much in her field. It is like when there is an offer that she thought it’s an amazing opportunity but she is not sure can do it, but she thought just say yes and learn how to do it later. So she accepted the job. 

.        

However, when she moved to the next company. She was stressed with the task. The job is difficult and not many colleagues understand her as the first company. 

       In the first company, she had a chance to work closely with her boss and felt good being close to him. She had a chance to present the project together as a team. Even when she forgot to bring her wallet with her and her boss and colleagues told her that she left it at the office. They didn’t bring it to her at the meeting. So she had to came to the office with her boss together. So he had a chance to talk to her together, he encouraged her many things so she had many will power. 

.

        One day at the office, the colleagues organized a birthday party for her nicely as the party event. It is memorable that there is a warm welcome from people there at the office. 

.

        The boss organized the trip as a business trip upcountry, she said that he could not go because she had to study on the weekend. But the boss called her to find information about the hotel for him. She thought he checked whether she came to the office or not. And he gave her his number to call him back for information about the hotel information.

.

        She called him but he didn’t receive it so she left a message. 

So she had his number.

        When she would resign from the company, the boss asked her not to tell anyone in advance, she didn’t know why. She believed him, it might be because he did not like other people to resign as well. The boss said that she should tell them on the day she left. She said ok, and she did as promised and the boss gave her the gift saying that it came from all the colleagues. So it would be a surprise. She would be confused a little bit, whether it is a surprise that even they didn’t know that she would leave the company, they still gave her the gift or the boss wanted her to think that it was the gift from him only. But she must think that it is the kindness of everyone from the company more. Everyone is nice to her.

 .

       The boss called her again asking why she had to resign, she said to him directly that she would like to avoid the feeling she felt for him. She felt she was not so smart. Actually, she felt good working with him and would like to work with him but she felt awkward doing things naturally and not show her feelings. 

.

        After she resigned, she started working with the new company. The atmosphere of work is professional but formal. She had some friends who are sincere to her but some friends who didn’t fit in with her style. So she might not be happy. She might decide wrongly when working in the happy company but decided to leave. 

.

        When the boss organized the event, she participated. She would like to work with him but there is no opportunity anymore even though she would like to say that when she worked with the company, she was happy.

        Some event, she had a chance to meet him and gave him a birthday gift and he looked being glad and talked about the gift with friends. But she saw it accidentally from the far place, she should not assume it. After that she contacted him, he didn’t receive her call anymore and one day he received and said to her that he didn’t want to involve with her, so she didn’t dare to call him again. 

 .

       But being in his company, he taught Mary many things like how to be decisive, to decide anything even it is wrong is better than not deciding anything at all. Whether it is the wrong decision, we can learn from it. 

.

        He taught her before a resignation that we can weigh the factor of good point and bad point of each choice before making a decision. 

.

        She can learn that if we are happy with something we have right now, why we have to change to something else. Be steady with the present and love what we have right now. It is the blessing from God for what we have today. We should not seek the other thing that might not be appropriate for us. Even it is an amazing opportunity. But it might not make us happy like the one we have right now.

.

        It is the same as love. If you have someone who loves you and you love already. It is enviable. Don’t take a risk to change to someone else. It might not be beautiful as you dream of. If you have steady and successful love already, don’t hesitate to keep it. Don’t think about the way to find the better one and better one. Just the one who fits in with you is the best and the most valuable. However, if you are not successful with the last love that you tried to keep it all the time. You have to decide with all the good points and bad points of each choice before making a decision. Good luck on your way. Hope you are happy and see you, your happy face. Thank you very much, readers. 

May 28, 2021 14:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.