My Husband Changed My Life

Submitted into Contest #33 in response to: Write a story about a character making a big change.... view prompt

0 comments

General

The sun was shining brightly and there was the flavour of joy, happiness, and vacations in the air.

I breathed it and truly felt how my body overwhelmed with the freedom and desire to move the city in the pursuit of great vacations. I planned my summer holidays during the whole year, and I knew for sure that it had to be a marvellous time spent with friends, the ocean, sunshine, fresh fruits, and disco parties.


The best decision in my life was saying yes, because that, boys and girls, is how I met my husband.


"I had just moved to town and my apartment wasn't ready yet, so I had to stay in a hotel".


My husband says: "There is a surprise for you". Ending conversation.


The Savoy and the Berkeley Hotel; The Connaught, Claridge's Hotel. 

“She introduced herself, and she was a sweet girl, very polite,” said Anna. 

“Then we’re just hanging with my friends all of a sudden.”



“Stop sinking into your body,” the trainer commanded Anna. “Shoulders back, navel to spine. You are a bright woman; you want to be a businesswoman. You gotta be staying strong on your own power.”


She described her vision, which included a hotel, shopping, travel.


These range from seasonal marquees set in beautiful gardens, squares or parks, to contemporary buildings with roof-top terraces offering stunning views of the Thames or London skyline.


Meeting my partner’s friends is a big step in my relationship. With some planning and effort, I can make sure that the new relationships I will have with your partner’s friends will be positive.


It’s a great idea to have a party at your significant other’s house or some other mutually comfortable place, so I can meet all his or her friends. Getting everyone together during a fun occasion will create an exciting atmosphere. Everyone will be having a good time and it will take the stress off of you trying to impress them.


My husband's real friendship meet me for the first time. The friends are Singer, guitarist, director, photographer, make-up artist, bodyguard and other people.


We are on hand to bring you suggestions of unique venue ideas and creative concepts to make your summer party a completely original one!



I am so happy to see her going to get married to a lovely, kind and generous man who loves, cherishes and respects her the way she deserves, and I look forward to being a part of her next chapter in life, the same way she has been in mine.


Bring your best swimming costume and some painkillers.



You will realize that having a friend like that in your life will make you confident, happy and never insecure or afraid to lose whoever you are going to date. Now that is going to attract much healthier relationships towards you.


They say if you want more romance and love in your life, start by making your friendships romantic. It may sound funny, I always feel that it’s not just friendship but also a deep love and mutual respect that makes the friendship “romantic” in its own way. Now, this is not the same love as a boy-girl love, but it is no different than the solid love you have with family and the deep bond you may have with your spouse.



The funny thing I discovered was that these summers in my mind are contained less with specific details than they are with more general feelings. And none of them, taken individually, feel like life-changing moments, but rather feel dash if they are part of a larger understanding I have about myself and my life.


But I do remember I was happy and in love.

After that summer, the relationship fell apart. We didn’t speak for a long time thereafter. However, in recent years, we are again friends, communicate occasionally, and will meet for coffee or lunch if we find ourselves in the same city.



Recent visits to the parties revealed a curious mix that could be divided roughly into three camps. There were the freelancers, bloggers, the self- and not-quite-employed, for whom hanging by the pool on a Friday afternoon was not that unusual. Next to them were the fortunate ones who get summer Fridays off, and could not wait until evening to get their party started.


Then she was purchasing some antics and said to us ” I’m feeling jealous since I am not the one among this group. It is really rare to see a guy travel longer distances this summer just to spend time with his friends and you guys too making arrangements for this summer, that’s really great”.


I will talk about the importance of friendship, how it has helped me in life, and my long quest for a lasting love that would, later on, become my husband. But for now, I want to tell you the story about a special friend of mine. I call her “Squirrel”.



We'd finally got all of our civilian clothes back and I was happy to have my colourful underwear back instead of the regulation white granny panties. I arranged them in the drawer by colour and even by the words on the butt to make it say “love pink” and other phrases. Amused by my handiwork, I said to the first girl I saw, “Hey you, come over here and look at my underwear drawer and be jealous.” She looked and said, “You’re right. I am jealous.” We've been best friends ever since.



A big part of my life is always about love, whether it is family love, relationship love or friendship love. Even what I do at work is pretty much revolving around doing what I love to do with the people I love! In other words, love makes my world go round, and without love, I would not even want to exist on this planet.


Real friends do not just bring fun or muse to your life. Real friends can also bring love, romance (the platonic kind of romance), passion and a deep sense of fulfilment as you grow older together. I don’t believe in a life without friendships, as much as I don’t believe in a life without love.

But that is the beauty of love and friendship.


I realized, the most important partner I ever needed was someone who would love the work and the purpose of the work as much as I do, someone who would believe in me and have my back through any setback and challenges.


I can only say “Thank You” for being such a gift in my life so far, for making my life better and brighter in so many ways, every day. To many more years growing and exploring life together!


March 20, 2020 16:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.