0 comments

Friendship

She was a woman of substance, a pretty looking, admired by all, a flawless beauty, a special person who stood out in a crowd of thousands. A noble being from her childhood was a bit shy and had all the features of a perfect woman. The best a man could’ve got to be a life partner. Her motto was doing good to others and lending a helping hand to the needy. She had a whole lot of followers who admired her for her beauty and her goodness. She was a woman of character, an untarnished life, un- perturbed by any external influence. She was a special woman who was too good to live in this world of rotten beings. But she survived because of her noble deeds. Anaida Craig was the one which every girl would’ve longed to become.

Everything was going smooth in Anaida’s life. She was a good entrepruner, hailed a textile business and a school for costume designing. At a very young age she was awarded as the woman of the year. But things were not the same as she had expected. She hadn’t even dreamt that her life would be in turmoil and she would face many atrocities by the society.

Anaida was a busy woman and she wanted a capable person to assist her in finance. An advertisement was put up for a Chief accounts head to run the show. Many were interviewed and three were selected for the final round. Ruth won the race among the three; he was the one who cleared all the tests with flying colours.

A handsome looking youth Ruth was the centre of attraction in the office. He was admired by everyone especially the lady staff because of his dashing looks.

Though Anaida was engrossed in her busy schedule, she always kept an eye on her employees. She just wanted a clean atmosphere in her workplace.

His entry had changed the whole scenario. He was always surrounded by women. His flamboyant approach attracted many. Anaida was annoyed by the sudden change in the mannerisms of her staff. She had maintained a complete decorum and discipline in her office. This changed atmosphere was unacceptable by Anaida. She was a workaholic and her goal was to reach heights in her textile business and also make fame in the world of fashion.

Though Anaida was strict in her behaviour she was very attached to her employees. She saw to it that her employees were given every benefit that they could afford. But today was something different, her staff were women in a major portion and his entry was like a bee running around flowers.

“Hi, Anaida, Ruth exclaimed, “Oh God, Take a break from your work, how much do you slog every day, you have put up a huge threshold to you business and your fashion school is simply superb. And your accounts have boosted up, then why do you overstress, just take a chill pill and relax”

Ruth came close to Anaida and started leaning on her, he came very close to her, with a heavy breath he said, “You are so beautiful, your looks, they kill me “. Anaida was completely flabbergasted by his sudden approach. But she didn’t lose her cool. She just got up and said, “Mr. Ruth , behave yourself , How dare you come close to me and behave like this, Look here I am not that kind of a woman , who would fall for handsome guys. So I think instead of wasting my time and yours you can just get back to work.” “And one more thing, Mr. Ruth I 'am your boss and you are my subordinate, so please don’t barge into my cabin without my permission” “Close the door

Ruth was taken aback, he had never expected this. He just went out of her cabin without uttering a word.  This was the first time that his looks and charm was ignored by a girl. He felt that he was humiliated; a sense of rejection by a woman triggered his male ego. But he didn’t react; he didn’t show his anger on his face. “Sorry Ma’m I forgot my cadre and wanted to make friends with the queen. I’m sorry for my behaviour”. “You have to be, now please just leave me alone and do your job, don’t you ever try to trespass again”.

He just barged out of the room with red shot eyes. Ruth had stopped annoying Anaida, after the incident. Though Anaida heaved a sigh, she felt she was missing something. After all she was a young woman who felt the need of a partner in her life. She was just observing him day and night, she felt the sudden change in his character, he was always engrossed in his work and made others to work who were clinging always clinging to him.

Days passed the office atmosphere was normal, every other staff was busy in organising the grand event sponsored by Anaida fashions. Her school was ready to make a mark in the world of fashion. It was a huge opportunity to show the fashion world the creative extravaganza of Anaida Fashions. Anaida and Ruth were discussing the financial expenditure for the mammoth show. In the meantime they had to meet now and then to discuss terms; this triggered an emotional binding between the duo. They got along with each other and within a short time their physical intimacy brought them together. Anaida was a woman of character, these things were new to her, but she had always longed for a partner for life. She was excited to announce the relationship with Ruth; she wanted a life time commitment with him. She was planning something big; she wanted to disclose her engagement with Ruth on the day of fashion show. She arranged everything, but there was something shocking awaiting her, that she had never expected.

The d day arrived, the fashion show was a super hit Anaida fashions rocked the world of fashion with its new creations. At the end Anaida walked along with the other models she was beaming with pride about her success, but her success didn’t last long the gown she wore tore up and fell down, she was humiliated in public. The crew wrapped her in a blanket and moved her inside. Anaida was shocked; she had never ever expected this. She was crying a woman of substance was stripped in front of many. This was a most disgusting incident which shamed a woman in public. Anaida couldn’t handle this shameful episode which defamed her. The next day was more disastrous, the paparazzi had knocked on her doors, and the intimate relation with Ruth was exposed without any hint. Anaida was in a shock, she was completely shattered and tarnished. He life was in dismay; the ruthless cheap tricks tarnished a woman’s life forever.   She was being targeted to bring her down to the streets for no wrong of hers. Her only mistake was she fell in love with a wrong man who was a cheapster; his male ego ruined a woman’s life forever. He had tarnished her character defamed her to ruin her life. The society laughed at her. She was mocked by one and all. Jealousy had struck her life like hell. She was a victim of jealousy.

Though Anaida was a shattered soul, she took the incident with an optimistic approach; she handed over her business and her fashion school to her close friend Sara who was always with her as a moral support. Though she felt doomed she didn’t give up. She just hibernated for a few years; the society took it as a mockery and called her a coward. Anaida took some time to revive back.

Today the whole world is admired by her; she is being honoured for her noble deeds, the woman who helped destitute women who were pushed to human trafficking. She rocked the fashion world with a difference. A dress with a cause was a major hit in the textile market. She regained her flawless beauty.

December 04, 2020 13:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.