Elephant as a pet.

Submitted into Contest #41 in response to: Write about an animal who causes a huge problem.... view prompt

1 comment

General

Sophia a 7-year-old woke up one day really late. Then her mom came in and wanted to go to the zoo. Sophia really wanted to go because she loved to see the elephants. The elephants loved her too. It was a short drive and all the way there she said are we there yet tons of times. When they finally got there she was so excited she ran right in. Her mom yelled wait many times but Sophia would not stop. A car about ran her over since she wasn't paying attention. Finally her mom Sairy caught up to her and was not happy. Sophia said her sorry and they went right on in. They looked through all the animals. She really wanted to go see the elephants and play around with them. When they got to the elephants she sat on the rails and they came right over. Sophia had a crazy idea to bring one of the elephants home. She thought of one that will be easiest to hide which was the baby. There was a fence opening but she had to be really careful that none of the workers see her. She got the elephant out and carefully ran away but the feeders were going to feed and saw the baby was gone they looked around but she was already at the exit. Sophia ran all the way home with the elephant who she named Barbra. Barbra was playing with everything in her room but was getting super hungry. Sophia did not know what elephants ate so she went into the kitchen but then her mom came home. Barbra was being super loud in the room and her mom asked her why the heck she ran home for and what is in her room. Sophia did not know what to say so she just said she got a new toy and she was so excited that she ran home. Her mom did not believe her so she let it go. When Sophia went back up her room it was a disaster with pillows, blankets, toys, and chairs all over. What a mess! She was so mad that she made the elephant learn to clean up. which Barbra did not do. When Sophia left again to get food Barbra shewed everything in sight. That was bad. She did not want to clean up so she jumped out the window. Outside in the yard, Barbra ran into a tree and it fell down on the house! She was in big trouble because she also ate the plants. After that Sophia's mom came out mad and when she saw Barbra she yelled super duper loud "Sophia!" When she came out she got so mad at Barbra but her mom got even madder about her bringing home a wild animal and the zoo is probably worrying about there elephant missing. Sophia thought that was a good point so she had to bring the elephant back and her mom had to pay tons of money to pay for the house damage. When they got home she had to clean her whole room which toke hours but Barbra was safe. The zoo liked the name Barbra so much that was the elephant name for then on. After that day Sophia thought she never wanted to bring an animal home again. Then the next day she heard of a baby leopard that was just born at the zoo. The pictures were so adorable and the leopard had so many spots. Sophia thought that the leopard would be just like a cat so she went to the zoo that day. On her way, she saw many dogs and wished she had one. Maybe she should find a bear. Would a bear be like a dog? She just focused on finding the leopard. She got there and there were lots of people so there was no way she was getting that Leppard out of there. but then there was a vent she wanted to crawl through and pick the Leppard off the rock. She tried it but could not reach but then she decided to use her feet which worked but the little thing bites. It really does not hurt that bad. She stuffed it in her backpack. She had a plan to call the cat spotty since it had more spots than lots of other leopards. She ran all the way home. This cat will not make a single mess. She brought it up and gave her some milk. She drank it up and Sophia went down for some tuna and when she came back up Spotty was gone. She was so worried about what might be going on. What if spotty gets hurt. Sophia ran outside but then her mom was in the kitchen and she asked her what she was doing and Sophia just said she was going to go on a walk. When she left first she went to the backyard and she saw some poop and then she thought if there is poop there then maybe there is a trail so she followed poop. Sophia guessed a way to go and on the way, she found another piece of poop but then she saw the cat with a dog but they were fighting. She thinks Spotty was losing. Sophia ran and tried to save her but it was hard and finally, the dog let go. Sophia took spotty and put in the bag then ran home. When she got spotty back she learned her lesson and shut the window. Then she went to get tuna but when she got back her room was a mess and poop was all over. That was bad! She had to get Spotty back to the zoo. She got to the zoo crawled through the air vent and used her legs to put her back. Spotty was safe and Sophia went up to the desk and told them they should call the Leppard Spotty. The girl at the desk loved it so that was her name. On the news, her mom heard about the missing Leppard and saw all the poop in Sophia's room so Sairy put the pieces together and She got Sophia a dog since she wants an animal so bad but she has to promise never to steal another animal again. `Sophia loved the dog and she taught it many tricks and never felt like stealing another animal from the zoo. Every day she and Bailey the dog went on walks, played tricks, and had a lot of fun. Sophia and Bailey created the happiest family ever!

May 09, 2020 03:35

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Inactive User
18:58 May 20, 2020

Cool story!

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.