1 comment

Creative Nonfiction

Even now when I look back into time, I feel maybe she was not the one I deserved. love is a pain and a cure to pain itself, I learned, but no one told me, it was the angst of your mind because of which you fell in love for.

Being 16 is not easy you know. You have to deal with all of the things that maybe you hate the most. the blemish on your face reduces a little, yet it leaves the scar. And the scar I got was not remainder acne, but reminder my love......

I loved a girl for years, hiding it within me, but on the 12th, precisely 11 months ago, I confessed it. She was astounded at my behavior at first, but soon I got to know she loved me, as much as I did her. After all we had been friends for 12 years then.

We were maybe the happiest couple in the whole school, all knew we were inseparable love birds. But after all even birds have to take away flight someday. And she flew away, one day were I could no longer find my way.

Nearly 8 months later, she was caught in a car accident. The crash was too hard for her soft body I loved to touch and rejoice. Shards of broken glass went into and through her. she was admitted to the nearest hospital and was in a very delicate position. I got to know about it, a day later and I went rushing to her. The doctors said she won't live any longer that two hours and that she was finally going away, a bird towards it's flight to freedom. With her mom I sat for first hour, beside her, clutching her hand for the last time. Silent tears slipped down my face and I rested my head over her weakly beating heart when it finally gave away. I remembered how I used to wake her up on sunday afternoons, but now she was in a slumber, from which even I could not arouse her.

I saw her face, wrapped in scars and dried blood. A fresh drop bled away from her lips. I remembered the first time we kissed and we bit the lip of other and we tasted blood of the heavens for us, for we were the angels of love. Yet now I could not stop her bleeding, just as my soul did.

That evening I went to the place of her accident. A lonely winding road it was and still the wreck lay there, as if it just took my life away with my love. I went to the front passenger seat and found a teddy, with the seat belt strapped and a fine red ribbon around it's neck. A very small chit hung there, now with red drops; blood of her. I took away the note, and opened it. In a very beautiful writing of hers, it read," Happy Birthday An ".

She meant to give it to me, her mom told me later that week when I went to her house. Her mother said, the had fought just a few hours before the accident. Her mother had warned her off that the road she was planning to take was not safe, but because my favorite shops resided there, she it anyway. And now I see where my love brought. I took away a worthy daughter from her parents, a caring friend from our school, a beauty from life and a bliss out of heaven. Our love had to pay a lot. I cried all day and even now I do, for she was not meant to be loved, but to be rejoiced. And even now I can do nothing but to rue for I loved a wrong person, who took so great care of me, and in return I could give back nothing. She was not on earth, for her thoughts bore the sky, she was not a girl, but a nymph from the tales of true love given by the gods. I took away all, and now I curl up in a corner, sobbing and mumbling, love leaves a memory no one can steal, and death leaves a scar no one can heal...............



February 12, 2020 18:37

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Authoring Studio
12:51 Jun 08, 2020

Beautiful and touching story... It made my heart melt and left me in a space which was empty yet full with emotions.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.