2 comments

General

Chapter 1

I’m hungry. I thought. ”Hey Courtney, I'm going to get food.” I said to my friend. I went outside, and bought some chicken and coke. On the way back, I saw someone dressed in black ride by with a bike. He was whistling some strange tune. (He can whistle with a mask?!)

I skipped in my apartment, and sang, “Courtney! Have some chicken!” 

On the floor, Courtney was lying there, with red paint all over the floor. Then I realized it wasn't paint. I screamed. I grabbed my phone to call the police and  ambulance, but my phone was dead. I reached Courtney’s phone, but I remembered that her phone was broken from her dropping it earlier. “Courtney! Wake up!” I screamed. Oh, no. what should I do?! “Someone please help!” I wailed. I heard sirens coming. I ran out the door. “UP HERE!” I shouted to the police. They ran up, and handcuffed me. “Wait. What’s happening?” I cried. “Charlotte Callery, you are under arrest for murdering Courtney Siobhan. You have the right to stay silent and refuse to answer questions. Anything you say may be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future.” The police who handcuffed me said. “Wait! I didn’t do it! She’s my BEST FRIEND.” I Yelled. The other police shoved me in the backseat of the police car. In the car, I was fidgeting with my fingers. “Sir if you’ll just listen.” I begged. The car jerked to a stop. They pulled me out and sat me on a chair.

Chapter 2

“Can you tell me your part of the story?” A police officer asked. “Ok. So, I was hungry, so I went and picked up some chicken and coke, and when I came back...she was..like that.” I said. “Did you see any suspicious people that you suspect?” He asked. “No..wait! Yes! There was a man dressed in black. He was riding a bike..and um he was whistling.” I told him. “ Listen to me Charlotte. You’re going to be put in trial.” He said. “They've already arranged it.”

I bit my lips. I know what I'm going to do is going to look like I'm the real criminal, but that’s the only chance I got. I bolted out the door, and ran to a skyscraper. I know what I was doing. I ran up, and went to a lawyer’s office. I signed up so I can visit. “Please wait right in there.” A woman working there said, pointing to a room. In the room, I sat on a leather couch, and waited. Someone came into the room. He has black slicked hair, and was wearing a fancy suit. “How may I help you?” He asked. “I-I need help b-because-”

“No need to stutter. This is a safeplace.” He interrupted. “I’ve been framed.” I blurted out. “Tell me about it.” He said, crossing his arms. So I did. Everything. “Interesting.” He said, after I finished. “So can you be my lawyer in the trial please?” I begged. “I’ll work on it.” He said. I sighed in relief. “Thank you sir.” I said. “Call me lawyer Jamie.”

“I’m Charlotte.” I said, shaking his hand. I walked out. Police officers grabbed me. Whoops. I forgot about them. They drove me back to the station and put me in an empty cell for now. They called my mom through my phone. (They charged it up). “Hello?” Mom said. “Hello, ma'am. Could you please visit the police station? Your daughter has caused...major problems.” The police officer said. “WHAT?!” Mom screamed. “Well-”

Click

That’s my mom. Very..angry. A few minutes later, mom burst into the room. “JUST WHAT DID YOU DO NOW?!”

“Ma'am, please calm down!” A police officer said. Mom glared at me. “I’m going on a trial soon.” I told my mom. “You’d better have a good lawyer.” Mom snapped. “I got a lawyer!” I said. “We were going to get one for you anyways.” The police muttered. “Excuse me?” 

“Nothing.” He answered. “Time for the trial.” Someone said.

Chapter 3

I sat behind a wooden desk, biting my fingernails. I stole a look at Lawyer Jamie. He smiled at me. The kind of smile that makes you feel better. The trial started. The attorney stood up and said, “the suspect killed her best friend at her apartment. The suspect bought two sets of food to cover that she had killed her.”

“That might not be true. We have witnesses that she didn’t kill her. What time did you say the victim died?” lawyer Jamie asked. “9:30.” 

“And what time did you see the suspect get out of the apartment?” He asked a witness. “Around..9:00.” He answered. “If the suspect went out at 9:00, she couldn't have killed the victim.” Jamie said. “But the suspect could have come back from getting the food, and then killed her.” An attorney argued. “When people came to investigate the crime of the scene, chicken was there. They saw that it was the chicken from Larry’s chickens. We measured the distance from the apartment, to the restaurant, and it was two hours!” Jamie said. “That means, the suspect didn’t have time to even harm the victim.” Jamie spoke.

A murmur hushed over the audience. “I announce the suspect, innocent!” Jamie proclaimed.

The trial was over. I was able to go now. “Do you have any idea who the killer is?” Jamie asked. We were sitting on a bench, talking. “No.” I answered. Then I heard it. The strange tune. I whipped my head up. The man dressed in black again. I kicked him off his bike, and a weapon flew out of his jacket, onto the sidewalk. “It’s him!” I cried. “You can’t just blame people like that.” Jamie said. “But I saw him get out of my apartment!” I said. Jamie eyed him suspiciously. Then, police officers ran over and handcuffed him. “We saw him coming out of the apartment, going into the crime of the scene before it happened.” A police explained. I nodded at the weapon. “He was carrying that.” 

Long story short, he was arrested. He had to go to prison for 20 years! And I am having  a wonderful life.

July 25, 2020 17:12

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Clarisse Mardoux
13:43 Aug 01, 2020

I was on the edge of my seat and I didn't let my breath out until she was pronounced innocent. I love the angle of this story!

Reply

13:52 Nov 24, 2020

:) thank you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.