Love at first sight

Submitted into Contest #16 in response to: Write a story that involves love at first sight.... view prompt

0 comments

Romance

Three years ago, Deja tried a dating site called Love Birds. Deja is in her late 20s, 5'7, light skin caramel complexion with brown almond-shaped eyes with full lips. She was tired of being single because all of her friends are married and some already started a family. Deja has been on blind dates her friends hooked her up on and she didn't like any of them. She felt they weren't the ones. So she signed up on Love Birds and see where it goes. She started creating her profile. In her description, she was looking for someone who was old school. Meaning a man who still open doors for her, pull out her chair, give her flowers and listen to her. Once she completed her profile, she received many messages after 5 minutes. She was very overwhelmed and was about to delete her account until a man who caught her eye. His name was Jeremy, and he was in his early 30s, about 6'5, hazel-green eyes, medium built and dark mocha skin. Deja couldn't stop staring at his picture. His message said, "Hello beautiful goddess, my name Jeremy and I just wanted to say how much I like your profile, and maybe you want to grab dinner and a movie tonight?" I know I'm pretty straight forward, but I admire your beauty and would love to get to know you if that's okay? I hope to hear from you soon. –Jeremey." Deja screamed for excitement and couldn't wait to message him back. She replied "Good evening Jeremy, thank you for the compliments. My name is Deja by the way, and I would love to go out with you. Where should we meet?" Deja sent the message back and couldn't wait for a response. While she was waiting, she decided to text one of her friends named Monica. Deja text "Girl I decided to create an account on Love Birds and I'm already going on a date with someone tonight." While sending her text to Monica, she received a message from Jeremy. Jeremy replied "Hello Deja, we can meet at Del Rosa restaurant on 30th and Palmdale drive. We can meet up at 7 pm. I can't wait to meet you." Deja started getting herself ready and couldn't decide what to wear. As she was going through her closet, she received a text from Monica. Monica response "Girl that is great, and what does he look like? Send me a picture so I can get a good look at him. And are you getting ready to go meet him?" Deja sent her the picture and replied: "Yes but I don't know what to wear!" Monica replied "Why don't you wear that black wrap around ruche bodycon dress you never wore? It's been sitting in your closet for months, I was thinking about taking it so I can wear it but you know we don't wear the same size, Monica laughs." Deja replied we sure don't and I would hate for you stretching out my clothes. But anyway, what shoes should I wear?" Monica replied "Wear the red bottom heels. That will go perfect with the dress." Thanks, girl Deja replied. "I seriously hope he likes it. I do have to go and get ready before I am late. I will text you later and let you know how it went." Monica replied, "Okay girl, have fun and be safe." As Deja was getting ready, she glanced at his picture once again, couldn't believe she is going on a date so fast. It's been a few months and she wanted to give up, but she made the right choice by trying Love Birds.

An hour went by and she was on her way to meet Jeremy. Once she got to the restaurant, he was there waiting for her with roses. She became nervous because no one bought her roses on the first date. She took a deep breath and walked up to him. As she was walking towards him, he glanced at her and stood up and introduced himself to her. Jeremy said "Hello Deja." As he took her hand and kissed it. "You look very lovely." Deja started to blush "Thank you so much and you also look very handsome." She replied. He pulled out her chair and handed her the roses. "Here are some roses for a beautiful queen." He replied. "Thank you," said Deja. As Deja looked around the restaurant, she sees a lot of ancient photos and Mexican heritage. She couldn't stop admiring a Mexican stone mortar pestle. Deja loves to cook and she had one just like it but it was broken and couldn't find another one just like it, so doesn't do certain dishes because of that reason. "So Deja, what type of work do you do?" asked Jeremy. "I work as a dietitian at the St Alameda hospital. I deal with a lot of patients with health issues and I try and help them eat better with meal plans, what kind of exercise they should do, cut out certain things to help them improve their health." She said. "Wow that's amazing, I love when a woman cares about health and fitness. I work at Sunrise Nursing home as a physical therapist, so I consulting with patients to learn about their physical condition and symptoms and teaching patients how to properly use therapeutic exercise techniques. It kind of what you do but physical wise." He chuckles. "Wow, that so sexy and esoteric." She replied. "I want to know more about you Deja, what do you like to do in your spare time? How long have you been single? What kind of man are you looking for? "Jeremy replied. "Well I do love cooking, doing yoga, love the outdoors, I've been single for almost two years now, and what I'm looking for in a man, who is very sweet, knowledgeable, very old fashion, has a great sense of humor, willing to get married and wanting to have kids, you know someone that can blow my mind and show me he's not the rest." As she replied biting her bottom lip. Jeremy couldn't stop looking at her and feels she could be the one. "I see you're a simple woman, and I like that." He replied. "Well, I am just always coming across the wrong men. I hope I'm not wrong about you." She replies. As the two continued to the talk, the time goes by and the restaurant was empty and it was just those two. They have a lot in common and really couldn't help but talk about the same things they both are into. As the restaurant was closing, they both got up and walked out holding hands and couldn't stop believe they had so much in common. "I really would love to do this again," said Jeremy. "Same here, I'm glad I went on a date with you because you are very sweet and charming. I still can't wrap my head around that you're still single. If you don't mind me asking, what happened between you and your last girlfriend?" said Deja. "Well Trish and I were together for about 7 years, and we were very close, but once she graduated from college and got this great career she always wanted, we hardly see each other. I tried everything I could to make time for her, but she never made the time for me. It seems like once she started receiving paychecks, she was so obsessed and couldn't stop working so much. It made me upset because I could provide for both of us but it seems like once she became a lawyer, she didn't need me. But I seriously thought we were in love all those years but it seems like I was just her comfort spot until she finished school. I mean we're great friends still but not lovers." he replied. "Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. She replied. "It's all good, I'm glad I found you though." He replied. Deja blushed and smiled at Jeremey. "I'm glad you found me too, do you want to come by my place for a drink and continue to get to know each other?" She replied. "Sure, once we keep doing that, you're going to fall in love with me," said Jeremy. "Oh really, how so?" she asked. "You'll see," said Jeremy smiling. 

As the Deja and Jeremy came back to her place. He couldn't stop looking at her place. It was so warm and sophisticated. She had a lot of black art all over her home, and a huge bookshelf full of books. And her kitchen very modern with all the updated appliances. "Wow, I love your place. It's so like you." He said. "Thank you so much, it took me a while to figure out what I like and had hired an interior designer to assist me in fulfilling my dream," Deja replied. "I like that, maybe one day you can help me with my place because I need it." He chuckled. "Well now that you know me, I don't mind." She replied. As the two sat down and continued the conversation. Deja and Jeremy started falling in love with each other. "Do you believe in love at first sight Deja?" said Jeremy. "I don't know, I've never started falling for someone this hard on the first date," said Deja. As the two kissed, it was like fireworks. It was very passionate and romantic. It was like heaven and you hear the angels sing so soft and mellow. Jeremy pulled back and didn't want Deja to feel uncomfortable in her own home and he apologized. Deja has never been kissed the way Jeremy kissed her and she loved every minute of it. "Deja I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to move that fast." He said feeling embarrassed. Deja couldn't help it but she was falling for Jeremy. "It's okay Jeremy, don't be embarrassed. I just never been kissed like that before," she replied. The two started falling in love with each other. As the night went on, the two started making love in the wee hours of the night. It was so compassionate and lust for both of them. A few hours went by and the two couldn't resist each other. After they were done, they begin to cuddle and started the conversation again about getting to know each other. "How many kids do you want?" Jeremy asked. "I want two, a boy and a girl." Said Deja. Jeremy smiled at Deja and looked into her eyes. "I think I can make that happen, but first I would love to marry you before we can take that next step," said Jeremy. Deja looked concerned for a minute and felt they were moving a little too fast. "Jeremy, we just met and I like you a lot but I'm afraid," said Deja. "It's okay I understand and I just started falling for you so fast and it's not just the sex, I mean just getting to know you, I just felt I already know you and I know what I want in life. I just feel all the things we talked about, we have so much in common, and I hate to say this so early but I think I love you, Deja." Jeremy replied. Deja was shocked because she felt the same but she didn't want Jeremy to think she was easy because she gave it up so early. "I love you too Jeremy, I just didn't want you to think I'm easy and I gave it up so fast. She replied. "Baby it's okay, for now on it's all mine and I'm all yours. I don't want you to ever think you're easy because you're not. It's just us two being in love and I want to continue this journey with you and only you." Jeremy replied. As the two lay on the sofa together, they both fell asleep.

Three Months later, Deja and Jeremy got married and it was Deja's dream that came true. She got the man she wanted, the wedding and pregnant with their first child. Deja was happy she signed up on Love Birds because this wouldn't have happened. "Guess what, babe," said Jeremy. Deja looked at him concerned. "What did you do?" she said. "I told you, you would fall in love with me." Jeremy laughs. "Boy shut up" Deja laughs. Deja and Jeremy look into each other eyes and kissed and said how much they loved each other. 


November 21, 2019 04:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.