0 comments

Contemporary Fiction LGBTQ+

The ordinary day Paul had was like several others, thousands before. He lived the same balanced life he always did. He was a public figure too, but, that didn't phase him much anymore either. He was healthy as a horse. He was always doing and saying whatever anyone wanted him to. The point was is that Paul was a someone in most everyone he knew eyes. He was still single but dated from time to time. Paul was set in life and he thanked the heavens for it. The story of Paul was not boring; it was anything but; he had a past and this fine day he would come to remember it.

He brushed his teeth. Up, down, up, down and now he was done to go to the shower where he would clean himself off and lightly wash his fine black hair. He had the finest goods, they were from the naturalist store at the urban core of Saudi Arabia that had described itself as, "the heart of God's land". He spent thousands on the goods and never really knew what they were about. They were lovely like so many purchases he had made. He was a collector of fine things and knew how to spend. He combed his hair and admired his teeth; he exited the bathroom.

His walk to work was in the skyway; he took it everyday in the major metropolitan center he lived in. He was the president of a bank, along with this responsibility came all of his stellar belongings and a reputation that preceded him. He was responsible for keeping secrets and organizing life as we know it in this first world haven we call America. He kept the bank with the best scores and reviews and he was known as the "IT" person. If anything went wrong in any of the major cities he would immediately get called in. He would know how to problem solve and manage most everything.

Lolita his secretary clicked her tongue. She was a transgender person who looked completely legitimate and he had chosen her out of a series of people. She was his go to person. Always. "We have an anonymous call; they will not say who they are." He looked at her. "Pardon?". "No shit man, an anonymous call. I checked with the back office, they cannot identify who it is," Lolita stared. He froze. He looked at Lolita. "Are you positive?". "Yeah, like totally legitimately an anonymous call." Lolita sank in the background as he walked in to his office.

He went to sit down at his desk. What could this be about. He covered his ass on most everything and never saw anything but good days. What would cause someone to call anonymously. He smiled. He put his head in his hands. He could not get up. He sat frozen. He did not know what to do. The best days of his life had been with a woman named Sue. He had never seen her again after their final parting. It had to be her. A wave on emotions came through him. He thought about her and how much he had loved her. She had betrayed him and run off. He never got back up. She was finally going to call.

Lolita buzzed. "Everything okay in there?" He yelled, "I could just kill you for interrupting me. I'm fine." He smiled. Back to Sue. He thought about her the last time he knew her. She was brilliant in her job and always looked like a million bucks. My God, she never talked to him again. She ended up in the insane asylum and nobody had believed her. The man was shot to death, nearly never to be seen again, he could not be seen, Paul had murdered him and blamed it on Sue. She was in the sanitarium and it never even hit the press. She was a cold hearted killer; she was a beautiful soul but like so many other things Paul had left behind she became an externality, she was something else. God he had missed her. He stared at the intercom. He looked it up and down and chuckled. He could not stand this. He could not stand being found out. He hit the intercom button, "Sue get your ass in here." He ran at the door. He threw it open and embraced Lolita, Sue's new ulter-ego. She had settled on a penis and desired to be with him as a male but together they would figure this out. She was his transvestite secretary this time around but they had to stay in the metropolitan area. The sleaze's people had found the two of them. He kissed Lolita hard. They embraced and made love in the open doorway, or nearly did.

He coughed when it was done. He looked at her. "Sue that's no way to get my attention. Why just yesterday you said there was a mouse in the office and I had to search for it half the morning. This is just another episode Sue. I have had enough. Get back to work. I know that know one called." Lolita straighted her skirt and wiped off her lipstick. "Yes sir, love you." "The finest thing in life was the days before we moved Lolita, but I knew we did it for a better life. No lunch man going missing today okay sweetie? We have had an explosive morning with the anonymous call." She smiled. "No problem". "Okay." He shut the door.

He returned to his desk. He stared out the window. He could not imagine what that wise Lolita was going to say or do next to bring out his wise guy. What a day, what a partner, on the off chance somebody had figured out anything he called the small town's paper and asked for a digital copy. They sent it to him express. He glanced through it for an hour. Not a word about the death and not a word about him or Lolita. He smiled. He was one fine banker that kept everyone's secrets and always kept a pure 9 to 5 clock. Like so many other things in life the wilder the ride the more normal it seemed; so he turned on his computer and got to work.

January 31, 2024 14:23

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.