2 comments

High School Romance Happy

I refuse to talk to him, I'd just mess up anyway, what's the point in trying, he won't like me anyway. Is there a textbook or a website that explains how to talk to boys? I've checked, there aren't any.

Today was the beginning of second semester. Second year of highschool, fifth year of loving him.  I stopped at the table in the quad to pick up my new schedule. I searched through the names until finally I found mine. I turned around cluelessly looking at my schedule, I looked up and there he was, standing on the steps to Marlington High School. He leaned against the frosted railing, his eyes reflecting the clouds. The winter wind was blowing his ruffled brown hair to the right. His deep green eyes shined in the crisp morning light. He was wearing blue jeans, a black jacket, and a dark green T-shirt, which emphasized his eyes more than usual. I slowly walked up to him and said,

"Hey".

"Hi." He politely said.

"Beautiful day, isn't it?" I replied. Looking at the the sky.

"Yeah, very. New schedules today, what classes do you have?"

I looked down at my schedule and read, "Math, band, ELA, Science, and P.E.. You?"

"Hmm." He looked down at his paper, "Science, band, ELA, math, and P.E.."

"Nice." I beamed.

"Yeah." He grinned, as he covered his eyes from the morning sun.

"Well, I better get to class." I said, "I don't want to be late!" I turned away and started walking up the steps.

"Hey!" He called out, I quickly turned around excitedly,

"Yeah?"

"Classes don't start for another five minutes."

"Oh, right." I said trying to come up with something. "Hm, might as well get there early, I have some assignments to finish." I turned around quickly and hurried up the steps. I walked down the hallway to the B wing, and opened my locker. I set my heavy backpack in. I grabbed my handful books and walked to math class. I sat down, his face burned into my memory. I opened my book, looking at the pages, trying to read. All I could see was his face which accentuated his sensual lips creating a 3d version of his face on the paper. The whole period I thought of him, the morning sunlight shining brightly onto his face, the feeling of the crisp cold air blowing on my face. His eyes staring into mine. Before I knew it, the period was over. I quickly walked out of math class and hurried to my locker. I slowly opened my locker, and grabbed my band books.

Band was one of the classes we had together, I remembered with a smile. I walked into the band room, slowly scanning the room to check if he was there. Yep, sitting in the third row with his saxophone already out. Our eyes caught each others, I blushidley looked down and walked into the storage room, reached up to the top shelf of the cubbies and grabbed my clarinet. I quickly walked out of the storage room anxious to be near him. I walked along the rows until I found an open seat. I sat down behind him and put my band books on the stand. I took a slow deep breath of the smell of his shampoo. It was a summer lavender with a scent of rosemary. I reached down and opened my clarinet case. I set up my instrument taking deep breaths of his smell. He turned around and smiled,

"Hey." He said, and turned back around. I opened my book beaming.

After band class I went into the restroom.I looked in the mirror and smiled, I splashed some water on my face and headed for ELA class.

I slowly walked into my ELA class and beamed. As there he was again sitting in the first row. I walked around him and sat in the second row, anxious to be around him. The teacher started talking but I didn't even notice. I felt his presence and nothing else in the world mattered.

Once ELA class was over I walked to my locker, ready for lunch. I grabbed my lunch box and closed my locker. When I arrived at lunch, I found a seat with my friends and sat down. All I could think of was him. His hair, lips, eyes, and the way he walked. After lunch was over I replaced my lunch with my science books.. I looked over and there he was, opening his locker across the hallway. I starred with admiration. I looked away, trying not to be obvious. I closed my locker and walked to science class.

All of science class I could only think of him. His voice encasing my thoughts making it impossible to concentrate. After science, I dropped my books off at my locker and walked to P.E.. There he was again. As he books down on the bleachers, I stopped in the middle of the doorway, as I asked, "What class do you have next?"

He replied confused, "This is the last class." I blushed and said, "Oh yeah." We stared for what felt like hours until I heard the bell ring. His voice echoed in my ears. I turned around and walked into the locker room looking back, hoping to get another look at him. I turned around and walked in, I changed as quickly as I could, eager to see him. As I walked out I found him walking out of the boys locker room. I looked away. I went and sat down on the bleachers and waited for the gym teacher. Once the teacher came out, I blacked out. His face, hair, smell, lips, and walk, everything was too much.

I remember walking out of P.E., and packing up my backpack. Days turned into months, and those months turned into years.

It was graduation day. All this time, he was the only thing on my mind. I threw my hat up with the crowd, trying to keep my eyes on him. I had been planning this moment for years. I walked over to him, with my eyes on my shoes. I looked up, into his dark green eyes reflecting my face. I spoke softly and said,

"I love you." He looked into my eyes and smiled.

January 15, 2021 02:13

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Omid Mahjoub
19:50 Jan 19, 2021

like that could ever happen...

Reply

Ruby Skelton
22:08 Jan 20, 2021

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking while I was writing.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.