0 comments

Funny Romance

Haha, sorry it's been a busy summer, this story is supposed to be of Myeong and Nirupama before the main story event which takes place in my "Fate" Series, it's been a long time and when diving back in, I thought it'd be fun to explore some characters backgrounds that have been left mostly blank. Enjoy!

“Hey, how are you doing?” Nirupama asked Myeong. “I don’t know..” she responded. “I’m only on the most wanted watch list of North Korea.” Nirupama chuckled, “How did we meet again?” He asked skeptically. 

“I saved your butt. That’s how.” She said matter-of-factly. 

They both shared a glance and chuckled. “Remind me to not get in trouble next time.” He said. “Well You’re such an idiot you’ll just do it again anyway!” She retorted. 

By now they were in tears laughing at each other for being so stiff when they’ve known the other for almost forever it seemed. 

“I bet you’re on more watch lists than I am dummy!” She yelled out. 

“No! You’re on worse ones!” He yelled back. 

“Oh COME ON. Korea’s not THAT BAD. I’ll only die if I get caught! You know. No biggy.” They had started causing a scene when a waiter walked over and smacked Niru in the back of the head, “This is a coffee shop. You will be quiet and stop disturbing the other customers. Or, You’ll both be on yet another watch list.” She hissed at them with only hostility. 

They silenced immediately. “Sorry.” They said in unison. 

She walked away and they both silently erupted in laughter. 

… 

“Well that’s one way to get kicked out of a coffee shop.” Niru said as they stood outside the door. 

“Idiot I didn’t even get to finish my coffee!” She yelled at him. 

“You drink coffee?” He said dumbly. She just rolled her eyes and walked away. 

“WAIT! MY LOVE!” Nirupama yelled at Myeong. Which made her stop dead in her tracks. 

“You’re WHAT?” She asked bewildered, turning redder every second. He walked up to her, grabbed her hand, and continued to drag her down the street with him, prepared to do something brave. Once they made it to Sana’s apartment they walked in and stood in the kitchen. “I have a secret for you.” Niru said slyly. 

Myeong’s brain could barely function, but she nodded her head saying she wanted to hear it.

“I accidentally stole Sana’s hair clip and then you took it from me so I have to put this back.” he said as he took a clip to undo Myeong’s hair. 

“Excuse me!?” She yelled in his face, “How DARE you lead me on like that!”

He started laughing uncontrollably, “You should see your face!” He yelled. As she turned into a tomato. She was so angry that the tips of her ears were turning red, and she could feel it. She stood there as he laughed at her, and when he was finally starting to calm down she looked at him as bitter as can be, and smirked. 

“Stand up straight.” She commanded him. He did it immediately. Before she lifted her arm and smacked him as hard as she could, straight across the face, he winced in pain and backed up. His cheek stung more than it ever had as he reeled in the effects of his ‘funny’ prank. She sneered, “How does that make you feel?! Huh!?” 

Keys dropped behind her. Sana was home. 

She twirled around to see Sana standing frozen in place as Niru held his cheek and she stood there making fun of him, “How long have you been here!?” She yelled at them. 

“Long enough, it’s my own house.” They replied, dropping everything on the counter to help Nirupama with his cheek, looking severely disappointed in Myeong. 

She was in a state of shock, not sure what she had just done, small tears forming in her eyes, she looked down, and ran to another room to lock herself in. 

Sana sat helping Niru for only a few minutes before they went to find where Myeong had been hiding. Niru was okay although he very well could’ve been much better than he was, while they were helping he had confessed that it had originally been his fault for the whole ordeal and apologized to Sana for causing such a mess in their house. 

After a while of looking Sana concluded that Myeong had chosen to hide in the office, being one of the very few rooms with a lock and also the only room you couldn’t hear much inside of it from anywhere around the house. 

They knocked on the door a few times then paused. When no response came they started talking. “Myeong. Please come out.” They said into the door. 

“NO!” She yelled. It sounded like she’d been crying. “I’ll only hurt you too!” 

“No you won’t. It’ll be okay. Just come out please.” Sana responded softly. “Niru’s not mad at you, and he’s doing fine.” 

She was silent inside the door for a minute and Sana could hear no sign of movement either. 

Niru soon joined Sana at the door, “Let me handle this.” He told them, “Don’t worry about it.” 

Sana replied and left the area to go put away what she had previously set on the counters in a hurry. 

“Myeong, it’s me, Niru. Please open the door.” He said. 

“Go away!” She responded in a wail. “I only cause you harm, no good comes from being around me! You know that, so just Go Away!!” 

Niru paused for a moment as sighed, “if you don’t open the door, I swear I will break it down and you’ll have no choice but to face me.” 

This seemed to trigger something in Myeong, as she didn’t want to break anything in Sana’s house and she unlatched the door, which promptly Niru pushed his way in. To see Myeong sitting on the floor in a mess of tears. He immediately went and hugged her. “It’s going to be okay,'' he said before pulling her into his lap. “I don’t care if you cause me harm or good, because at the end of the day I absolutely adore you m’lady.” 

She leaned her head against him, pressing her ear to his heart. “You really mean that?” She asked quietly. 

“Of course I do.” He said, touching her chin with his figures he gently lifted her mouth to his and pressed his lips to hers. They were soft and-”OH COME ON! Every. Single. Time. You know what, I give up. You two are helpless!” Sana yelled. They had been jumpscared by the sight upon entering the room. Now being turned completely around they said their original phrase, “There’s food in the kitchen if you’re hungry.” 

They smiled at each other in their funny way, “Of course. We’ll be right out,” they responded.

July 12, 2022 03:17

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.