0 comments

General

It was a warm summer morning when me and my family were on our way to California my father had been planning this trip for several weeks now, but we never got around to it. My dad, my mom, me, and my older sister all went inside the gas station to get some snacks while my brother, Lucas, stayed in the car to rest, I immediately hurried over to the candy isle to get some skittles, my favorite, but when I walked outside to where my car was parked it was gone. I ran back in the store but it was empty, and when I looked in my pockets I realized I forgot my phone in the car! I asked the cashier if I could use his phone to call home, but he didn’t believe me since I’m only twelve years old, how stupid is that?! I went outside to double check, but as I thought the parking lot was completely empty. I was trying not to cry while walking back into the store but I couldn’t stop myself. I ran into the bathroom and started sobbing. After around ten minutes of non-stop tears I finally calmed myself down and walked out. I looked around the store to find a person from my class at school getting some stuff with his mom, but one problem, that kid was also known as Henry Mchollister, the school bully. He has been pushing me down since we meet in the second grade. I watched as he grabbed some bubble gum from in front of him and quickly shoved it in his pocket, but right then he turned around and immediately saw my face.

“Mom I’m going to go use the restroom.”

He says and starts walking towards me. I quickly ran into the girl’s bathroom but he followed right behind me.

“Stop it, leave me alone!”

I yelled but he kept coming closer. I turned around to go in a stall when I suddenly got pulled back into a wall. I kicked and punched but he had me pinned.

“You ought to keep your mouth shut or you’re going to be sorry pea-brain!”

He shouted at my face.

“I won’t!”

I screamed back, that’s when Henry’s mother rushed in with a worried face.

“Henry Mchollister, what are you doing?!”

She yelled as she rushed towards us and grabbed his arm.

“She pulled me in here on my way to the bathroom and started hitting me so I pinned her.”

Henry lied. That’s when Henry’s mom suddenly had her eyes pinned on me.

“Is this true young lady?”

I didn’t want to deal with Henry bullying me worse so I went along with it.

“Well not necessarily.”

I replied as Henry scowled at me.

“What do you mean not necessarily?”

His mom asked questioningly.

“Well I did pull him in here but only questioned him on something that happened at school, when he pinned me and yelled at me that you would be mad at him if you found out he was in here.”

I said nervously.

“Well never again young lady, do you hear me?”

She asked sternly.

“Yes Mam."

I muttered as she started to head out the door. I waited in the bathroom for another minute before I headed out. When I walked out I noticed that the cashier was talking to a tall blond haired lady who looked like she was in her mid-thirties, I walked closer to her to get a better look when I suddenly noticed, it was my mom! I ran up to her and hugged her when I abruptly realized that her face was covered in tears. When she saw me she made me feel like a trillion bucks! We walked to the car where I saw all my family members were staring out their windows eagerly, when they saw me they all started cheering and laughing. I loaded up into the car and decided to eat my skittles and plug in my headphones, and just take my mind off everything that had just happened. I must have fallen asleep or something because when I opened my eyes we were pulling into a hotel parking lot. ”Alright everyone get your bags and head into the lobby !” My dad called. I grabbed my pink suitcase and tucked my phone into my pocket then climbed out of the van. That morning we decided to order some breakfast and then go for a swim. “Mmmmmm, these donuts are to die for, dad!” Lucas asserted as he consumed his chocolate donut. I changed into my swimsuit and headed down to the pool with my mom.

After about two hours of swimming we decided to head back to our room. On the way the way there I decided to question my mom about why they left me there at the gas station. She told me that my father had proclaimed that I had already loaded up so we drove off until Lucas looked back and informed them that I was missing they immediately turned back around and bolted back to the gas station when I found you waiting, I was flabbergasted. After that I decided that I shouldn’t mention it again. I held my mothers hand securely as we headed back to the room. When we opened the door to our room everyone was either sleeping or binge watching Riverdale. I laughed and sat on the bed with my older sister Macy. ”Oh Harmony.” My sister muttered as she scooted closer to me. I ate some left over donut and continued to watch movies with Macy. The next day we went to the store to get some food. I picked out some bagels for the next breakfast because donuts were getting old. After a couple more days we started back home we stopped by another gas station, but I figured I should probably stay in the car with Lucas. The rest of the ride home went pretty satisfactory. That is if a boring car ride sounds good to you.

September 13, 2019 02:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.