1 comment

Fiction Romance

JULIET: SAPPHIRE

Our love wasn't supposed to last. Our love was supposed to die. We weren't destined to get married. Our destiny was to break-up.

Our love was poison. Our love was toxic, a blight on society. Our families were against us. Our friends were against us. Our town was against. But despite the odds our love was strong.

No one saw the beauty in our love. They only saw poor girl taking the rich boy for a ride. A gold digger after his money. That was a lie. The truth was that I loved my Romeo.

My Romeo made me happy. He made me smile like no one ever has. My Romeo was my hero when I needed one. He was my everything.

I was the poor girl. The girl with the old clothes. The girl with the broken shoes. The girl who lives in the old beat-up house. My father was a day labor. At night he worked as a security guard. My mother was a maid. My Romeo saw beyond this.

My Romeo saw the real Sapphire. The one who loved him despite his money. My Romeo called me his gem. His light in the darkness. His forever angel.

Our hates the fact that we were together. My parents told me to stop seeing my Romeo. He will only hurt me. I refused. I knew my Romeo would never hurt me.

We didn't stop seeing each other. We couldn't be kept apart. Our love was addictive. In the end my parents forced me to stop seeing my Romeo. I was crushed. I was sad and hurt. But my love for my Romeo remained strong.

Despite my parents wishes, I kept on seeing my Romeo. Secrecy was the name of the game. Me and my Romeo knew how to keep our love a secret.

The town couldn't find out about us or else our parents would find out. My parents had spies everywhere. My Romeo's parents also had spies everywhere.

I knew if we got caught that would be the end of our love. Me and my Romeo had to be extremely careful. Night time was the only time I could see my Romeo.

Every night my Romeo would come to me and we would sneak off to be together. Under the cover of darkness is when we were safe. We would go to our safe place, the lake.

Me and my Romeo would see each other in the day time but we never dare hold hands. Something I longed for.

I longed to tell the world, to shout out, I love my Romeo. I knew that that can never be. Our love had to be kept a secret. Then something happened that would change my world forever.

ROMEO: NOAH

What is love if you can't be with the one you love? I had a one in a million love. I was in love with the most beautiful, kind, caring girl, my Juliet. But there was a problem with our love.

My love for my Juliet was a curse upon my family and a cures upon the whole town of Westbury. Despite what anybody said my Juliet was my one and only. Nobody was going to tear us apart.

I come from the Grayson family. The riches family in Westbury. I was born with more money than I can handle. My Juliet is the total opposite of me. My Juliet was born on the other side of the tracks.

A gold digger is what they called my Juliet. She doesn't love me. She's after my money. I kept hearing those words all the time. Every single day. The people in Westbury never knew the true Juliet only what they wanted to hear and see.

My Juliet has the smile of an angel. She was so beautiful. My Juliet never liked it when I bought her expensive things. She liked the simple things in life. That's what I loved about my Juliet.

My Juliet was never after my money. She loved me for who I am. My Juliet was different then all the other girls in Westbury. My parents on the other hand hated my Juliet.

My parents forced me to stop seeing my Juliet. No force on this planet not even my parents could stop me from seeing my Juliet. I sneaked out every chance I got. My Juliet was the only thing that mattered to me.

I would take my Juliet anywhere she wanted to go. My Juliet loves the lake, our secret place. That's where I take her. We'd lay under the stars holding hands.

I wanted to shout out to the world that I love my Juliet. I couldn't. Our love was a secret. If word got out to my parent's they would be angry. My parents had spies everywhere. My Juliet's parents had spies everywhere.

For the few precious moments, I spent with my Juliet, I was the happiest guy in the world. Then my world came crashing down.

My parents were forcing me to marry a girl I don't love. It's for the best my parents told me. How can marrying a girl I don't love be a good thing? I hated my parents for doing this to me.

My Juliet was the only one for me. That night I left my home and went to meet my Juliet. I told my Juliet the whole truth. She cried in my arms. I told her I had a plan for us to be together. Nothing and no one was going to stop me from being with my Juliet.

JULIET: SAPPHIRE

They want to take my Romeo away from me. His parents are forcing my Romeo to marry someone else. A girl just like him. I cried in my Romeo's arms. He was my Romeo's and no one else's. My Romeo told me he had a plan for us to be together.

I believed in my Romeo because he would never lie to me. The plan was risky but it was the only way me and my Romeo can be together. I trusted my Romeo to do what is right for me, for us.

The plan as told to me by my Romeo was for me to pack my belongings and wait for his call. We were leaving Westbury. My Romeo told me he had to fix some things.

I nervously waited three days for my Romeo to call and when he finally did, I was relieved and excited. My Romeo told me to meet him by the big oak tree.

Under the cover of darkness, I took my belongings and quietly left my home. I rushed to the big oak tree, looking over my shoulder. I was scared my parents spies were watching me. The town of Westbury was fast asleep.

I arrived at the big oak tree and there was my Romeo waiting for me. He got out of his car and we hugged. My Romeo took my belongings and we got into his car.

My Romeo told me the next part of his plan. My Romeo emptied his bank account, all the money he saved for the two of us. My Romeo was taking us away from Westbury and our toxic families. My Romeo was taking us to a place I always wanted to go, Crescent Bay Isle.

My Romeo drove all night to the ferry. I couldn't stop smiling. Me and my Romeo were going to be together without looking over our shoulder. We were finally free.

The ferry to Crescent Bay Isle took two hours. I was holding my Romeo's hand the whole ride. I didn't want this to be a dream. The moment I saw Crescent Bay Isle, I knew this moment was the first moment of the rest of my life. My first step on to Crescent Bay Isle was the first step of the rest of my life. Me and my Romeo always together.

ROMEO: NOAH

My Juliet was the only person who mattered to me. We were going to be together no matter what anybody told me. Three days of planning and planning and waiting for the perfect opportunity to leave. I finally got my chance.

I took my belongings and the money I saved for me and my Juliet and left my home. I wasn't sad to leave. I was happy. I called my Juliet and told her to meet me at the big oak tree. We were leaving Westbury for good.

I waited 15 minutes for my Juliet to come. I looked around to see if my parents spies were watching me. No one was out.

When I finally saw my Juliet, I was relieved. I helped my Juliet into the car and drove away. I didn't look back at Westbury. Westbury was dead to me.

My Juliet dreamed of going to Crescent Bay Isle. My Juliet's dream was going to come true. I drove for two hours to the ferry and another two hours by ferry to Crescent Bay Isle.

I held on to my Juliet's hand the whole time not wanting to let her go. The moment I saw Crescent Bay Isle, I knew we were finally free. The moment I stepped on to Crescent Bay Isle was the first moment of the rest of my life. Me and my Juliet always together.

Ten years after their escape from Westbury Romeo and Juliet better known as Noah and Sapphire are living their best lives, happily married in Crescent Bay Isle with their three children. Their families have never come looking for them.

July 04, 2024 21:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

22:23 Jul 04, 2024

I will read your story, but i noticed it titled, Romoe and Juliet. I don't know if you meant to write that.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.