1 comment

Fantasy

I spurted out of my room screaming from the top of my lungs, "SNOW SNOW!!!" I burst open the front door and leaped into the snow. I could feel the soft alabaster snow taking over my body. This was going to be the best day since last winter. I sat back up and in no time I was building a snow fort. How could this day get better I thought to myself? Few hours later mum came out and said dinner time, wait what it was dinner time already time flies when you’re having fun. I mean who knew it takes 4 hours to make an 8-story snow fort. I didn't! I bounced back inside taking a quick glance back. Wait a second, hold up isn't snow supposed to leave footsteps when you walk on it. I blinked my eyes once more but nothing had changed except my heart beat. I tried squealing to my mum but something deep down told me I should not yell out. A few seconds later mum came back and told me to hurry up but I couldn't move for some reason. I was paralysed on the spot. my mum waved in front of me eyes which made me give her a response. At the dinner table thinks were not usual, no one was talking and my eyes were shutting down. Just when I was about to expose what happened, I fell an asleep. The next day I woke up and somehow, I was on the bed. Meh! I was probably moved to the bed by my mum. Dad came in and looked at me before screaming like crazy and running into the toilet. Heh, what did I do and why did dad scream? Shelly my fat, annoying sister came in to see what the scream was all about and also to annoy me probably but she did the opposite, she fell backwards at the sight of me and ran away. What was I, a monster? Filled with curiosity i went to the mirror and no joke i did look miserable and one question to the readers out there what age do you get a white beard and white hair, I'm guessing 11 years because I am 11 and I have both the facial hair right now. And why am I so fat I mean I didn't even get to finish my dinner last night so i pretty much ate nothing since yesterday lunch. Okay this was bad i needed to fix this as soon as possible. The next day when I woke up I was on the streets. AHHHHHHH my family dumped me because they thought I was a monster and right know it freezing outside which mad me remember my snow fort, I could live there until I am normal again. Just before entering the fort, a kid came up to me and asked for a Thomas Tank CD, who does that kid think I am, Santa Claus... I entered the fort and thought for a long time when it hit me. My mind re winded to the footstep’s scene, who does not leave footprints Santa Claus and that kid who asked me for the CD, he thought i was Santa Claus. The biggest clue of all, I have white hair and white beard and who has that, Santa Claus and old men but we'll leave that for later. All this summed up for me to be SANTA CLAUS. Whoever wrote this story is really mean to me but I guess tis the season of happiness so I can't be angry.

THE END

From: Advit Chugh

January 08, 2020 00:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Advit Chugh
04:47 Jan 08, 2020

Very good story

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.