Stuck here.

Written in response to: Format your story in the style of diary entries.... view prompt

0 comments

Bedtime Inspirational Speculative

Week 1.

I am trapped on a deserted island with 6 other people. We were shipwrecked on one of Hawaii's neighbouring isles 10 degrees longitude and 110 degrees latitude ... at least that's what the Professor says - so far, I don't know his real name and honestly, it's too late to ask as we have been spending a lot of time together gathering materials to fix the ship. It was thought that if we can just find a strong enough adhesive material that is waterproof and lasts longer than three days.

The reason why I'm being so specific is because we tried using a sap that hardens when it's heated, however, after 3 days it hardens too much causing it to disintegrate into dust.

Unknowingly we coated the entire boat - twice - now the ship is useable.

If you find this - SOS.

P.S Bring me a pen.

Week 2

I am still trapped on a deserted island. On the first day of being shipwrecked, we built one huge hut for the 7 of us, thinking that it won't be long till someone finds us.

Now it has been two weeks with no ship, no sightings and nothing that resembles the hot meals I had back at home. Our food supply ran out and now we have to survive off coconuts and fish.

The girls are making do with what cooking utensils the Captain creates for them. He's quite good at building things and ordering me around.

For reference sake, he's quite fat.

Scratch that, he's very fat.

Don't forget we are 10 degrees longitude and 110 degrees latitude somewhere in the islands of Hawaii.

Week 3

You rescue people suck. At this rate I could have walked to Hawaii. What are you doing? 10 degrees longitude and 110 degrees latitude come on.

I miss TV. I miss different food. I want to go home.

I want to go home.

I want to go home.

I miss my parents.

I miss my friends.

My music teacher can go to hell.

I miss my dog. I don't have a dog but I could have had the opportunity to have a dog if I were in civilization.

Week 4

SOS.

We're somewhere near Hawaii. Send help. Obviously my directions aren't working. I may or may not have been captured by tribal people and may or may not be in a cage. Right now the tribal people are lighting a huge fire. The smoke is dark, thick and reaching to the sky.

We could really use your help right about now.

Week 5

This week was great. I'm alive... alive on a desert island with no hope of seeing my family nor remembering what potatoes taste like but I'm alive.

Almost died last week, and the week before that.

My pen is running out of ink so I guess this is goodbye.

Hawaii, 10 degrees longitude, 110 degrees latitude.

Week 6

It's me again. Different writing utensil this time, the Professor made me some ink from God knows what and I'm writing with the feather of a bird. Speaking about birds, we nursed a carrier pigeon back to health. I wanted to eat him but everyone else decided that we should write a little note and tie it to his foot.

Long story short, we should have eaten the bird.

Hawaii, 10 degrees longitude, 110 degrees latitude.

Week 7

There are some perks to living on a deserted island. Back home in the city, we could never see the stars. There was too much light pollution and noise. Sometimes electricity poles and lines would get in the way.

I've learnt so much skills over these few weeks.

  1. How to not die.
  2. How to tie knots

And other things that I can't remember as I'm writing this. I'm so tired, everyday we have to forage for food and water which if you look at it my way, isn't that bad.

I think I can navigate from any part of this island to the huts.

Hawaii, 10 degrees longitude, 110 degrees latitude.

Week 8

I saw a helicopter flying over the island.

P.S You missed, go back

Hawaii, 10 degrees longitude, 110 degrees latitude.

Week 9

Hawaii, 10 degrees longitude, 110 degrees latitude.

I hope these notes are hitting somewhere, somehow. I know the directions suck. I understand that but that's all we have.

FYI, we went through a storm and that's the only reason we are stuck here. I am tired, yet glad that no one has succumbed to cannibalism.

Week 10

Hawaii, 10 degrees longitude, 110 degrees latitude.

I can't get a song out of my head. It goes like this:

Ba da, ba ba ba ba ba, Ba da. Ba ba ba ba ba.

Week 11

Hawaii, 10 degrees longitude, 110 degrees latitude.

I should have gone to college.

Week 12

Hawaii, 10 degrees longitude, 110 degrees latitude.

Interesting story: Some new people visited the island today. They were head hunters. Yes, just as the name states, they hunt for heads. Professor says it's for shrinking and using in voodoo rituals... Nice to know.

HELP?!

Side note: How is it that people always visit this island but we can never leave?

Week 13

Hawaii, 10 degrees longitude, 110 degrees latitude.

I already forgot what month we are in. I didn't write it down because I didn't think we would be stuck here fore so long.

I have no idea when my birthday is.

This sucks.

Week 14

Hawaii, 10 degrees longitude, 110 degrees latitude.

I think we have been spotted.

I think, I'm not sure.

Either way. I'm tired of sending notes with no reply. It's been driving me insane.

So this will be my last SOS note. I have grown fond of the people here and settled into my new lifestyle. With all of the Professor and Capitan's inventions, the Girls' cooking and the compassion of the married couple, we are fine.

Yes, getting off this island is still a hope however I've gotten to know the people around me and I realize that I am lucky.

I realize that I have not talked about the others much in the previous notes as I did not want to know them because it would mean that we are definitely stuck here.

Guess we are definitely stuck here then

But it doesn't suck.

March 28, 2022 02:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.