HUNTER'S REVENGE

Submitted into Contest #241 in response to: Start your story with an unexpected betrayal.... view prompt

1 comment

Fiction

Today is my birthday. As you can tell I'm so excited. I bought a new dress. New shoes and I had my hair done. My two best friends, my husband Cole and my sister Hailey have a special surprise for me.

I arrive home early carrying my dress and shoes. This is going to be a day I will never forget. Cole's car is here. I guess he's home.

I walk to the door unlock it and enter. I put my dress and shoes in the closet. I hear giggles coming from upstairs. I quietly walk up the stairs. The giggles are coming from my bedroom I share with Cole.

I move closer to the door. I hear Cole's voice. Oh My God! the other voice is my sister Hailey. I open the door very carefully. To my utter shock I see Hailey and Cole in bed together.

My sister is in my bed with my husband. I take a picture of them and leave. I run down the stairs with tears in my eyes. Why would they do this to me?

I'm utterly devastated. I run out of my house and into my car. I start my car and drive somewhere. Anywhere as long as it's not my house.

Was that my surprise? My sister. My own flesh and blood. My husband the man who promised me we will spend the rest of our lives together in my bed.

The bed me and Cole share together. I can't, I can't comprehend this. The picture of them together is in my head.

Tears are flowing down my face. Why, why, why? My own family hurt me, betrayed me in the worst possible way.

My husband the love of my life. My sister who I love just as much as Cole sleeping with each other.

The lake. My favorite place. It's also the place where Cole proposed to me. Hailey was there that day cheering me on. I love this place. My dreams started her. Now my dreams are ending.

I cry for hours. I don't realized the sun set. I check my phone it's 7 pm. I check my messages. Hailey and Cole have called and texted me a bunch of times. I guess it's time to leave.

I pick myself up and get into my car. The tears have stopped. Vengeance is what I feel. Pure hatred is what I feel for the two people who I trusted the most.

Now it's time for my revenge. Cole and Hailey hurt me like nobody has ever hurt me. My revenge is going to be one they won't ever forget.

I return to my house. I can't let them know I know about them. I turn on the fake smile and enter my home. Cole and Hailey ask me where I've been. I tell them I was running errands, Hailey and Cole hug me and wish me a happy birthday.

My birthday was supposed to be a special day. I had my husband and my sister with me. I was happy. I was so full of life. Now my world is shattered. I look at these two people and all I see is betrayal.

I hate sitting through this dinner, watching their fake smile talking about me as if nothing happened. They make me sick. All I wanted to do was yell, scream, curse at them. But I held my tongue.

I have something special planned for them. It's going to blow everyone's and I mean everyone's mind. You know what I don't even feel sorry. I feel heartbroken for Hailey's husband Asher.

Asher is one of the best people I know. He's going to find out what a lying, cheating rat his wife is. It's going to break his heart. I'm way past feeling sorry for myself. Revenge is on my mind. Vengeance is in my heart.

From time to time, I saw Hailey, that bitch sneaking glances at Cole and Cole doing the same. They thought I didn't notice. I did. Their hug after dinner was way too long.

I had to plaster on a fake smile and a fake thank you when Cole and Hailey gave me their presents. All I wanted to do was throw their gifts at them and spit on it. Once again I held myself at bay.

The ride home was terrible. I didn't listen to a word Cole was saying. He then grabbed my hand, kissed it and he told me he loved me. I wanted to take my hand and punch him. I held myself yet again.

Before I went to bed, I grabbed a butcher knife. Not for protection but to use. Right now I'm in bed watching Cole sleep. I take the butcher's knife out. I stand over Cole. I point the knife at Cole's heart.

I'm ready to use it. I'm ready to plunge the knife in Cole's heart just like how he did it to me. At the last moment I stop myself. "Death is too easy for you, my love." I whisper to Cole. I leave the room planning my revenge.

The next day I leave early from my house. I go to the store and buy a bunch of cameras. I return to my home. Cole is gone. I place the cameras all over my house. My bedroom included. I hook the cameras to my tablet and phone.

These two traitorous, lying rat bastards will pay severely for hurting me, for betraying me. Once I expose them for who they really are no one and I mean no one will want to be around them. They will be hated by our friends and family. It's all their doing.

For days I watch Cole and Hailey. I watch as Hailey enters my home after I leave, then Cole enters. He hugs Hailey. They begin to kiss. In a frenzy they start to take each other's clothes off.

I watch as Cole and Hailey have sex on my couch, then they move to the kitchen. Tears are pouring down my face. Then the tears turn to hatred, pure hatred.

Cole and Hailey move their sex romp to my bedroom where they have sex multiple times. I see the pleasure in Hailey's face. That's what Cole use to give me.

Days upon days Hailey and Cole have sex. Both of them don't give a damn about me. I will show them they mess with the wrong person. I will make sure they will never hurt me again.

Tonight is the night I will expose those lying, cheating rat bastards for who they really are. I have everything ready for the big reveal. "Our parents, Hailey and Asher will be here at any moment." I tell Cole.

The door bell rings. Right on time. This is going to be epic. I greet my parents, Cole parents, Hailey and Asher. It's show time.

I tell everyone to have a seat. "Mom, Dad, Hailey, Asher, Helen and Greg, I have something important to show all of you. In honor of Cole and Hailey, the two most important people in my life. I have this special video I made for them. Take a look."

I turn the video on. In front of our families Cole and Hailey are exposed. I watch in horror as both our parents and Asher watch Cole and Hailey having sex.

In shock Cole and Hailey turn to me. They look at me in horror. Cole and Hailey try to talk to talk to me. I put my hand up and stop them.

The video of them having sex continues to play. I see Asher, the poor guy has tears in his eyes. I can't watch this anymore.

I throw divorce papers at Cole and leave. I hear Asher, my parents and Cole's parents yelling at them. I sent the video of Cole and Hailey to our friends. I immediately get responses. I can't look at them. I get into my car and drive away.

Revenge sweet. My heartache will last a lifetime. I lost my two best friends. I lost my whole life. Nothing can repair the damage Cole and Hailey did to me.

March 14, 2024 21:21

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Camille Clarke
22:06 Mar 20, 2024

It was nice.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.