0 comments

General

"It was about 6:30 PM my partner and I were having a relaxing time walking together in park 5 blocks up from his plaxe when i started to make plains of marriage and starting a family in my head then I look at himmy beloved trying to find out on what he was thinking about"! shy but confident I Michele started to think out loud,

So I was thinking about moving in since I already have a dresser of my things at your place when I spend the weekend with you.

What are your thoughts about my idea Peter, I asked? Moment of silence came I started to get a a scared little hopefully I didn't scare him when his clears his throat getting my attend, where I stop and still looking at my hands then I feeling his hand touch my arm he rubs my arm down to my hand which made he shudder and look up at him are eyes meet his eyes were so soft and loving my heart skipped a beat I would let you move in on one condition Michele, said Peter when he started to walk again. With myself beside him he was waiting for me to answer him, so I didn't make him wait to long and said, on what condition is that Peter

I said with a loving smile as we walked deeper into the park.

If were are going to talk about moving forward I mean moving in

Together wouldn't it make sense to get married he asked me with a soft yet loving smile as he made his way to a bench and sits down while I stood in front of

Him looking down at him surprised by what he just asked me; are you asking me to marry you Peter as I shift my body to his left side and sit down still looking at him with a soft but shy smile he was looking at me and nod his head yes. I put my hand over my mouth and started go eye happy thought came rushing thought my heart and mind as we looked at one other as I was about to say yes he pulls out the ring kneels on one knee and asked me again this time he makes it into a poem I want you to live in my lodge share my life, as he puts the ring on my finger I kissed him and told him yes I would love to share my life with him. As he holds me in his left arm we get up and started to walk deeper and deeper into the woods out of the park where we were in leaving the town behind us for a short while and just enjoy natuer and ourslves in it are engaged couple soon married couple. Looking around and the trees and flowers flowers then at each other I never felt so alive and happy as I did at that every moment looking forward to our lives as one through the rainy and sunny days ahead of us. Making our way to the lake in front of us I hear a Engels soaring high above us and I smiled and notice he was looking at me and says the one is you and the other us me, my beautiful partner my beloved Cherokee. He make his loving call to the wild he native way the sound I always love hearing so folks always got scared when the heard his calling, but not me I loved hearing it Peter was my life my joy my heart I never thought I could ever have being a white woman. But the great spirit granted me his love and support for the rest of our lives. Standing near the lake was he walks around talking very fast but I just let him speak and just spoke with he looks over at him so he knows I was listening to his ever word.

After hecwas doing explaining what he wanted to get done before we got married, I started to explain what I wanted to get taken care of before I married him too; in standing his religion and culture besides lifestyle so I wouldn't affend him or his people, I wanted to learn and show him that I loved and honored his ways and his lifestyle. As we walked back to the park and back into town I asked him if he thinks his tribe would aspect me into the tibal household and way of life, I pretty sure they will aspect me and love me they way I do he answered. It's been 7days and 3 hours since Peter left to go hunting for deer with his brother quil, I deiced to go visit his mother since my mother had disowned me, "in her own words" for marring an Indian dad comes around when Mom goes out her her friends out of town for few days then he swings over and goes shipping with me and my new mother in law my dad loved in secret; he lived native amercians as much as i did, he just never told mom even though he was on the end if his rope and was planing on getting a divorce and find a new partner to live out the rest of his days in happiness not in negativity from my cold heart mother who had a hatred for native Americans. Dad and I both tried to ask her why she hated nathves; but she would never give us a straight answer she just shudded her shoulder and leave us alone in the room we were in, when we asked her the question. 3 days passed since Peter cane back to me dad moved out and files paper for a divorce on mom. Mom layed lowcfor a long time and didn't answer no one call or when they would knock on her door. I told Peter, who was walking beside me in the park where my thoughts began to get the best of me when it came to Peter in the first place. "Peter shydded his shoulders and said I feel for your mother and I pray to the great spirit that she finds peace within her self so that maybe one day she have peace in her heart for us in the future and for our baby that grows inside you, my beloved wife. Said Peter as he leans in to kiss me tenderly.

April 01, 2020 00:35

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.