Lockdown of hell or heaven?

Submitted into Contest #53 in response to: Write a story about summer love — the quarantine edition.... view prompt

0 comments

Romance

Chloe had just gotten out of a 3-year relationship that was pure hell. Her boyfriend at the time had admitted that he was only with her to see her sister for the entire time they were dating. Chloe was utterly heartbroken and didn't have much self-belief. The guy had made her feel worthless. He made her feel that no one would have wanted her.  

It was day 1 of lockdown for Chloe. She had no idea how she was going to survive this awful time. She was locked up in her house like a caged animal not able to go anywhere or do anything.

Chloe decided that she was going to join an online chat group. At first, the site was alright. Chloe talked to a couple of people, but there were all freaks and were looking for fun. Chloe wasn't looking for fun. All Chloe wanted was a friend that she could talk with and have a little fun.

Now it had been a few days, and Chloe kept seen this guy Marc popping up on her screen. Chloe wanted to keep her distance from him. It said he was in a relationship and she was not the type of person to split a couple up.

She just looked at his pictures and wished they could be in a relationship. He was a real good-looking guy he had blond hair with black eyes.  

A few days had passed, and suddenly Chloe received a message from Marc’s girlfriend. This girl wasn't happy in any way, shape, or form. Look I don't know who you are but stay from Marc. We are happy together. I read her message repeatedly and couldn't believe what I was reading. I replied to her I haven't said two words to Marc. All I have done is look at his photos. I am sorry if that hurts you. The girl replied with I want you to block Marc so you and he can never talk again. I sat there looking at the screen going what is up with this girl? She has trust issues. A few days later I get anyone message from her saying I hope you are happy now. I caused her and Marc to break up.  

Marc messaged me a few days later. We decided to get into a relationship over the internet. But it was so weird he wouldn't give me his Facebook, email address or phone number. That should have been the first sign that he was a liar. But I was so blinded by his kindness that I let it go. He had all my information, and he said he would call me but never did.

That night Marc messaged me and said he had to go off and do a bit of shopping and would be back in an hour or so. That never happened I was beginning to get so upset. I was so down in the dumps. Marc never came online again that evening.

When Marc did sign back online the next morning, he gave me so excuse that he got delayed and that's why he never came back online. Over the next few days, I noticed some girl writing on Marc's wall and she was speaking very flirty with him. I asked Marc about it, and he denied knowing who the girl was. The bells were beginning to ring in my head, but I didn't want to believe it. The comments got worse every night as they would be talking about a son.

I decided one day to message the girl, and she sent me over all of her and Marc's private conversation. The conversation was extremely hot and intense. I tried to break free from Marc, and this was when he started coming out with the excuses. I have just been in a car accident, and I am at the hospital. Marc had said many of times he was coming to visit me when lockdown finally ended. But by now, I didn't believe a single word he said.  

Over the next few days, I started away from the online site because it was making me too depressed. A friend of mine began to text me. We text from first thing in the morning to the last second before bed. What was nice I knew this person and had been crushing on him for a while now.  

My friend Blake made me forget about Marc. He made me feel happy that I could grow in confidence. Marc kept messaging me, and I was getting very down in the dumps, and that is when Blake stepped in. I gave Blake my login details, and he messaged Marc on my behalf. I never heard from Marc ever again.

It finally came to the time that we could meet up with friends or family. Blake was standing outside of my house with a bunch of white roses. He took me into his arms and kissed me so gently. Blake had changed so much, and I was so happy I took the time to get to know him over the lockdown. He took me down to the lake near to where I lived, and we spent most of the day together until he had to go to work.

I do miss Blake a lot when he is working. He is barely able to communicate with me. I get lonely waiting to hear from him. Sometimes I don't feel from him at all in a night.  

It was the weekend now, and Blake said he has a surprise for me. He won't tell me where we are going or what we are doing. All he said was wear runners. I put on my favourite runners and walk out to Blake, who was waiting for me in the car. I can tell something is off with him.  

We pull up outside a home in the middle of an estate. I am so baffled at what is going on. Blake is laughing as he holds up two sets of keys and hands one to me. "One of two surprises, my dear." I looked at Blake "This is our home?"                                    "Well, yes I started to buy it before lockdown and before I met you. Now that I have met you, I want to spend my life with you", and that is when he took the ring from his pocket and placed it on my finger.

August 03, 2020 22:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.