Tale of betrayal and lie

Submitted into Contest #88 in response to: Write a cautionary fable about someone who always lies.... view prompt

7 comments

Drama Teens & Young Adult Fiction

''I only love you'', said he. " Lying ? Again ? Why ? Why is it so difficult for you to just be honest? My love wasn't enough for you? I don't deserve a liar and a cheater like you we are done ! I hate you."

Teenage love is a very beautiful feeling, holding his hand, cuddling, giving cute hugs and the feeling of having someone who loves you and takes care of you is so amazing but not every love story has a fairy tale ending. Some are filled with pain, lies and loneliness such bonds gives only a temporary feeling of bliss and a long term depression.

Mathew and I met during our sophomore year, he was a very cute guy but the problem was my best friend Stacy liked him as well it was so difficult initially to even confess her that I like him too because you know 'BFF code', so I just brushed my feelings off.

Mathew was one of those popular guys while I was a newbie as I shifted 2 months ago from Asia to America.

So when I entered in the school for the first time he was flirting with Ashley (miss popular) ewww I already disliked her because she tried bullying me on the first day itself. So with all of that I disliked him as well because his image was of a playboy.

I met Stacy in my art classes she was amazing in it and I initiated our friendship and it turned out to be lovely ! She sounded very excited so I asked her the reason and guess what told me she is going on a date with Mathew!!! but in the morning I saw Mathew flirting with Ashley and now he decided to do this what a jerk!

With time passing by Stacy and I became closer and our friendship became more stronger so when one day I saw Stacy crying because of Mathew I punched his face ! Yes I did that because he deserved it. Stacy loved him with all she had and he broke her heart into pieces.

After that day Mathew started stalking me ! Ughhhh I already him why doesn't he understand that ? So finally after troubling me for a week I accepted to speak to him and he asked me on a date ! Seriously! Douchebag you think I will say you a yes ? But that's when he said he will say Stacy sorry so I agreed ahem ahem just for 20 minutes.

Going on a date with him was not that bad because he had a lot to talk about , he told me about his family his work his life and other stuff. Everything sounded perfect then why was he staying with his grandma? Anyways time passed quick and I was in my bed laying down thinking about random stuff when this thought came in my mind whatever it is he is cute ! Ughhh and that's when Stacy called me and told me about Mathew's apology , that happiness in her voice was worth it.

Fast forward to few months after taking a lots of efforts I finally agreed to start dating Mathew and I would lie if I say he wasn't a gentleman. We went to the parks, ate cotton candies, cuddled at times it was amazing I felt like I was living in a fairy tale but you know when everything goes perfect there is always some chaos.

So changes in Stacy's behavior brought dark times in my life. Stacy was my BFF yes but nowadays we became a little distant, earlier we used to hangout everyday and now she started dropping reasons for not being available and the stupidest thing is I believed all of them like a silly puppy. So one day Stacy called me asked me to go in a party with her and like a naive person I said yes because I didn't knew about her evil intentions.

We both went to shop together as she told it's a surprise party and a very grand one. I bought a beautiful flowy summer dress while she got a short blue satin one. We both looked beautiful and swipped our cards. Finally the day of the party came before leaving home I asked Mathew where was he, he said he was busy with so laundry stuff.

Stacy and I reached the destination, it was a pub with a lot of older people like in their early and late twenties while we were 17 year old teenagers. Admist the crowd I saw people smuggling drugs and getting high , there were even Marijuana cookies!!!

Exploring a lot and dancing for a while I started feeling a little weird and then I realized Stacy left me here alone ! But that wasn't the only thing that horrified me I, when I was on my way to reach to the washroom I heard Stacy's voice and that's when I saw her and Mathew together banging each other !

That's when I was shattered for few minutes I didn't even knew how to react and then I entered the room. Mathew was shocked while Stacy was smiling. Ughh that evil smile. Why did she do that to ? I was so good to her but the weirdest thing is why did Mathew lied to me ? I ran out of the pub crying badly and Mathew followed me.

I kept running to stay away from him but he tried chasing me. I broke down and stopped at a place and asked him to leave me alone and guess what ? He said "I love you " I came closer to him slapped him, kissed him and started crying even harder. He was very high and he didn't even knew what was happening. I broke up with him because deep down I knew this I love you was a lie and will only add troubles in my life.

I reached my dorm and that's where Stacy was, I didn't wanted to talk to her but she said that she always loved me ! But I betrayed her by dating Mathew, she knew it because she saw us hanging out once and she has even seen us kissing. This was a shocking news I told her to leave after that I closed my eyes for 15 minutes thats when Mathew came and he told me that he had a few flings here and there and that's when it clicked me why he wanted to keep our relationship secret it wasn't just Stacy but his own side affairs as well. I never forgave him and eventually we broke up. I won't explain in details about how many more things he was involved in but whatever he said to me , whatever we had was one complete lie. Mathew broke me but a new RJ was burned!

April 08, 2021 08:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

7 comments

Eric Hyzer
16:38 Apr 14, 2021

Ah . . . the joys of youth. Nice story that was enjoyable to read. Keep up the good work!

Reply

Riya Jadia
20:12 Apr 23, 2021

Thanks🥺

Reply

Show 0 replies
Riya Jadia
20:13 Apr 23, 2021

Thanks🥺

Reply

Show 0 replies
Riya Jadia
20:13 Apr 23, 2021

Thanks

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 6 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.