Halloween party gone bad

Submitted into Contest #93 in response to: Set your story at a party that has gone horribly wrong.... view prompt

0 comments

Friendship Fiction Teens & Young Adult

Three days before Halloween a group of kids decide to look for a run down house. For a party they drive around looking for the perfect house.they argue with each other on the houses until they go down a one way street. There is not one street light on this road they pull up in a drive to turn around. There it is a run down house broken windows every thing they want. The girls can not stop looking at the house they get out of the car walk up to the house.

Look through the windows they all agree this is the house for the party. They all giggle with excitement one girl takes a picture of the house. To post on her social media telling everyone the address . To bring drinks food whatever the party starts at nine o’clock on Halloween.

As the days pass the excitement grows for the party the girl’s social media. Explodes with people saying they will be there. Other people saying it with be a epic party this party is the first party. That the girl’s are throwing so they are hoping nothing goes wrong. One girl leans over to her friend saying.

Girl: ( Mary. What if the cops show up?)

Mary: ( Kayla you know that is not going to happen. My dad is a cop he knows we are doing this. He told all the cops not to bother us.)

Kayla: ( Okay I was just worried a little bit.)

Mary and Kayla join their friend Jenifer at lunch. They all talk about this party about how the want to set up the inside. Trying their best to make it look scary they bounce idea’s off each other. But no one can come up with a good ideas so Mary comes up with a idea.

Mary: ( I got it!)

Kayla/Jenifer: ( What?)

Mary: ( Lets put it out there on social media.)

Kayla and Jenifer both look at each other with a strange look. They look back at Mary with a look like ( what are you talking about?) but instead of shattering her thought process Kayla says.

Kayla: ( Can you please explain a little more.)

Mary: ( Okay none of us can come up with a theme for the party. Right? So we ask the people who follow use what the theme for the party should be.)

Jenifer who was sitting there silent listening. Has a sudden shot of inspiration and says.

Jenifer: ( I got it listen.)

Mary and Kayla look at Jenifer Mary says.

Mary: ( Okay you got something we are all ears.)

Jenifer: ( Okay this goes along with what you said Mary. But instead of asking what it should be we should go further then that.)

Mary and Kayla look at each other interested look back at Jenifer Kayla says.

Kayla: ( Go on.)

Jenifer: ( Okay stay with me here. We post to every one that has agreed to come. That we are struggling to come up with a theme. That we need help but they go into the house and come up with a theme. But we are not aloud to know what the theme is all three of us. Go in split the house into different parts for the people that want to do it. The best theme wins.)

Mary and Kayla sit there thinking for a minute they look back at Jenifer Mary says.

Mary: ( This could work. What would the prize be?)

Jenifer: ( Well that is what we have to come up with.)

Mary: ( Okay lets put this out there see who wants to do it. Then we will split up the house.)

All three girls take to their social media posting the idea about the theme. They agree not to check any of their social media till after school. When they go to Mary’s house after school they get up leave to class all through out the day. They wonder what is going on with their idea on social media. Finally the day come to a end they meet at Mary’s car they talk back and forth about it.

They finally make it to Mary’s house they run through, the front door up to Mary’s bed room. They look at each other Kayla says.

Kayla: ( Can we check yet?)

Mary: ( Give it another few minutes.)

Jenifer: (Why?)

Mary: ( I am kind of nervous.)

Kayla: ( About what?)

Mary: ( If this idea does not work I have no idea what to do.)

Kayla: ( It is fine. It does not work we will think of something.)

Mary: ( Okay lets turn on our phones.)

All three girls turn their phones on the nervousness and excitement grows. As their phones load up all of a sudden their phones. Go crazy with messages the girls scream with excitement at all the messages. They open one at a time each and every social media app to see what their friends think.

As they do one at a time each girl tells the other what their friends think. Most of it is good news very little bad news. The good out weighing the bad they come to a discussion to go through with it.

Mary: ( There is so many people that want to do it. How can we do this with so many people and so few rooms?)

Kayla: ( This is what we do take all the names of people. Put them in a jar mix it up and pick three names.)

Mary: ( Okay lets post it)

The girls post it on all their social media plat forms. The next day they check everyone agreed to it the girls get back together. At Mary’s house write all the names down put them in jar’s mix them up. Mary says.

Mary: ( There is three of us we each get to pick. For the three rooms in the house. We check our social media for the winner if you don’t have the name. Hand the name to the other person till we find them okay.)

They all agree they each pick then proceed to looking through their social media. Eventually they find all the winners telling them they won. Also that the girls are not allowed at the house till everything is done. They also tell them good luck and that they hope they win.

As the day draws closer to the party they finally agree on a prize. Since the girls are so popular on social media and have a huge following. They think the prize should be a date with one of them. But it should be live for the world to see so when the go home and brag. To their friend that they had a date with one of the girls they would not be lying.

The girls alert the winners of the prize but they get no answer back. The girls think they are just hard at work. Finally it is Halloween the girls drive over to the house. They see the yard dressed up all three cars are parked in the yard. The girls smile at each other get out and Jenifer says.

Jenifer: ( Wait! We should go live for the revel walking through as we pick a winner.)

Mary: ( Great idea.)

All three girls go live on their phones walking through the house. Everything is set up great the living room the dinning room and kitchen is set up really scary. But the teen boys are no where to be found. The girls just think they went to go eat with friends. But they go ahead with the judging and pick a winner party time rolls around. The party is going good everyone is having a great time. The boys are still no where to be found.

A story about the house starts going around the party that people died in the house. The girls catch wind of it shuts the music off and decides. To have everyone sit in the living room and talk about it. Each person tells everyone else what they heard about it . While Mary and the two other girls are live streaming the party.

Each story scarier than the last after a while Mary say.

Mary: ( Enough of this. Lets get back to partying.)

The crowd cheers with excitement the music starts playing again. Everyone having a great time dancing around eating and drinking. Mary gets to looking around notices there are a few people that just disappeared.

Mary: ( Kayla! Is it me or has some people disappeared.)

Kayla: ( No! It is not you people are disappearing I will check out side to see how many cars are here.)

Kayla walks out side looks at all the cars see all of them still parked. Then she hears Jenifer and Mary scream from inside the house. She runs back in looks at her friends standing there with no one in the house but them.

Kayla: ( Okay this has to be some kind of Halloween prank.)

Mary standing there shaking looks over at Kayla and say.

Mary: ( I do not know what happened we went to the snack table. Telling each other how good the party is going. We turn around and no one is here.)

Kayla: ( Look it is some kind of joke the cooked up. Lets go room to room together and find them.)

All three girls go through the house room to room looking for all the people. That was at their party but not finding any of them. The last place the girl can look is in the basement but they fight each other on who is going down first. Finally Mary says.

Mary: ( I will go first okay stop fighting.)

Mary opens the door slowly the door creaks as it opens the basement is dark. Mary try’s the light switch flicking it do the on position. The light flickers on then bust making the basement dark again. Jenifer turns on the flashlight on her phone all three girls slowly walk down. Each stare creaks under the presser of the girls walking down.

They only go down far enough to bend down to see if anyone is down there . Which no one is down there the girls turn and run back up the steps. All three girl are at a loss as to what happened they sit down. Against the wall talking to each other trying to figure out what happened . No one can come up with a solution to what happens out of no where the music shuts off. The girls scream because the music is set on repeat.

Then all the light shut off the girls scream again they turn on their phone flashlights. Get up and run to the door but the door will not open they all work together. The door does not bug at all from the dark they hear a voice that says.

Voice: ( It is not just a story about people dying in this house.)

The girls scream and start to cry as they huddle together. Foot steps start to walk towards them fast then the voice says again loudly.

Voice: ( THERE NOT JUST STORIES!!!!)

All three girls disappear not to be seen again. Three days later with no one hearing from the girls. Mary’s dad being a cop has every cop out looking for the girls. A news reporter is at the house with her news report going live. It goes like this.

Reporter: ( Three teenage girls threw a Halloween party here. With thirty of there friends from their school and from their social media accounts. As you can see all of their car’s are still sitting here. But not one of the teenagers are to be seen since that night. Some people across social media are saying that this is a prank. Some say the girls was live on their accounts for the people who could not make it. One person actually screen recorded the live stream. And has sent it to the news room for everyone to see. Here you go.)

The news room shows the party live the girls and everyone having a good time. Then everything turning bad the room going dark. The voice saying what it said the girls screaming. Then the lights come back on the girls are gone and their phones still recording.

Reporter: ( That is hard to watch lets hope they all get found soon.Back to you Jim.)

May 12, 2021 20:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.