My Tribute

Submitted into Contest #83 in response to: Write a fantasy story about water gods or spirits.... view prompt

0 comments

Christian Coming of Age Creative Nonfiction

He was just a little boy, but he had big dreams as he walked out of the water that day with his hands firmly gripping his raft, because he knew he was destined to something beyond himself and the adventure was just beginning. He always felt like the unlikely drummer in a marching band singing Jesus's loves me this I know, they are precious in his sight and twinkle, twinkle little star how I wonder what you are as he spent his childhood going through the traditional schools where he learned the basics, which served to propelled him to reach for the stars. He wanted to feel like he matters, he belongs and that he was accepted. So, he wrote to encourage his readers to take advantage of everything at their disposal and aim for something more, beyond themselves as they ascended their stairway to a better life for themselves, their family, and their community.

Finally, one day he found himself standing alone on a stage accepting an award for the most innovative writer in his generation. It had always been his desire to not only succeed but to pave away for his fellow travelers along the road of life.  It had finally happen, his desire to step out and broaden not only his horizon in his quest to write a story that would not only uplift the down and out but also inspire others to do the same happen through pure preservation.

The cameras were flashing as he made his way through the crowd and back to his seat with reporters who wanted to know what was next. He looked at them and said no comment as he pondered their question. What was his next step? The next day he and his family left for a family vacation where he spent many hours walking along the beach, combing for shells and collecting his thoughts for the next chapter in his life. He realized that he still did not feel like he matter, belong, or was accepted. He still felt like the inside of a donut despite his accomplishment.

The family did many outings that summer and all of them was fun and brought the family together as they spent many wonderful hours together playing games and taking walks. However: it was the outing to the amusement park when they went through the house with the funny mirrors where he realized that life is an allusion. It was his both sides now moment, as stated in an old folk song about clouds. At that moment, he realized that what matters in life was not what he can accomplished but what he does with the gifts that God had bestowed on him truly matters. He started to ask himself if what he did glorify God?  Do his stories cause others to praise Him?  Those thoughts were going through his mind as he walked along the beach the night before the family left for home.  When he looked up and noticed all the stars shining down upon him. At that moment, as if God himself had spoken to him, for he knew his next great adventure will be to write stories that will share God’s message of faith, hope and love as the apostle Paul so wonderfully explained to us all and the abundant life that the disciple John told us all about. In so doing he was very hopeful that he would be able to show his readers that living by the precepts shown in the bible and particularly the gospel was well worth whatever cost they may incurred. The most unlikely drummer had finally found his band and now he was ready for the big parade.  He was ready to lead the band and the goal of all his stories would be to bring honor and glory to God. That God will be able to use him and his stories to help his fellow travelers on the road of life also find their place in God’s mission for all people, for as the old song says, red, yellow, black, or white all are precious in his sight.

Once upon a time there was a little boy, that had big dreams as he walked out of the water one summer day with a firmed grip upon his raft and on life. He knew that day that he was destined to something beyond himself and the adventure was just beginning. Now as he faces the end alone just like he was alone on the stage so many years ago when he was about to get his reward, he had no fear because his life experienced has taught him that God’s hand is always there to lead him through the dark valley, support him through the shadows, for he has not been forsaken. The God of his yesterdays is the same God that is with him today and will be with him no matter what the future holds. It was through the trials and tribulations that he incurred through out his life as he pursued his dream that he learned that God can be trusted and deserved all the praise and glory for the things he had done.    As his soul burst into song with gratitude for all that God had done for him from the moment that he first realized that it was his blood that saved him, his spirit that led him and that it was God that was always there with him leading him onward and upward since the night that God spoke to him on the beach as he gazed toward the stars that summer night so many years ago. He hoped God is well pleased with what he had done with his life and that through it all God truly had gotten the glory and praise for all he has done for that is what he deserves . Then he prays Lord please forgive me for any selfish thought that I may have had and for anything that I have done that is not pleasing to you. Please forgive me, take my hand and my soul with you to heaven as you did the thief on the cross, in Jesus’s name I pray, Amen.  

February 27, 2021 01:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.