1 comment

Creative Nonfiction Inspirational Teens & Young Adult

Is it time to get up?I hope not.I feel tired.What is that music?I haven't heard that before?Then it hit me.It was my alarm.I got rid of the old melody last night.It was called spring yet it was cold as winter.Of course it is cold this early ,nevertheless it dampens the mood.So I set a new one.The name was,Walking Adventure.Just what I wanted at this moment.A person needs some serenity to wake up at 5:30a.m. every morning.I never know why I am following this path.Well I guess it's just ,passion.Why the hell am I working out early morning trying to be a footballer when I am a genius?Best marks in maths,science,...yet sitting on a chair my whole life will never suit my life.So I used my brains on football.Making diet plans,creating exercise routines.I figured out on the first day that I had to work out in the morning .Early morning.Just because my mother wants to see me studying the whole time.And what can I do?Go and tell her that I want to be a professional footballer?

She would think that I must be joking.But as she gets on it would be a lifelong ban for me in football.So I must live their dreams.Or honestly speaking,act like it.They've been acting their whole lives to show the society that they've got money.Fancy cars,Mansion like houses,Enormous gardens.All taken for lease or for showkeeping.I am their only dream.

My family would never support me in this dream.Imagine my father spending for me to go to england just to kick around with a ball.Also my grandparents who always help to me.I can not cheat them.After all what they have done to me.Imagine a 70 year old person getting up at 6:00p.m. every schoolday to take his grand child to football practices?Unbelievable right?So I decided to play the both parts.One way or another.The chances of me being a footballer is less than even one percent but now it is too late to give up.Months and months of training would be wasted.The sky is not the limit for me.It will be after I catch the moon that I will strop climbing.

It has been 8 months since I started this routine.Since the quarantine.I seized the moment of despair and hopelessness and brightened myself with my dream.Skinny arms,Pole like legs,and an enormous belly.That was what I got by my genes.So I turned around the cycle. I tried to defeat my own nature to aquire what I want.So far so good.I stressed my body into limits that no one can think of.The wheel started turning. I became a bit muscular and ready to face any challenge.No one could think that I was the bean-pole kid who was bullied by his fellow teammates.

I hear my mom calling.Call for me?

"Hello stephan"! A voice came through the phone."Hello sir,who is this speaking?"Can you guess who it was?It was Frank Lampard.The legendary chelsea player.Wait a second?Why is he calling me?Slowly I realised that I had succeeded in my dream I had followed.He said that I had got a scholarship for the chelsea academy.I had sent a few videos of me to him and I suppose that they have been a success.So my journey started right there.First I had to convince my parents that this was for real.Well they never believed me untill Mr. Lampard spoke to them.I had no travelling expenses as the scholarship covered them all.First I had to stay at a house of a chelsea fan but I soon wanted to have my own place.You may be thinking that "What is this 16 year old kiddo thinking?Raving mad I suppose."This was because I never forgot where I started and the people who helped to get to this place.

So I tried my best to get to the first team as possible.It was a whole new level.I was not yet ready for that.But I were never ready for what I am now.I pulled the trigger.I started training overtime.The coach was very pleased with me I soon got out of the youth team and qualified for the A team. Believe or not I got in just in three months.It has been a record since himself Frank lampard did it.Next,I signed the contract which was 30 million dollars.Imagine a boy who has never got even pocket money getting 30 million dollars.It was a lifelong dream.Now I could support everyone who helped me.I have proved that nothing is impossible for any person.Next,I tried for the national team.Even though I am not a citizen of england The coach had a liking for me.So as I long ecpected I got into the national team amd played in the world cup.It was great.I got to play against neymar,Lewandowski and even the legendary cristiano ronaldo my hero.We got to the semifinals.It was me in the centre of attentiiion with 10 seconds to go and the ball in ly feet.I was a bit far away to shoot.My instincts kicked off.Damn the distance!I shot it hard and buried in the top right corner and we won.Yet the final I could not play because of an injury.However we won.

The domestic league,Premier league was my next destination.Our team had not won it in 7 Years.The first few games went astray.Then we started to build up and we became the champions.More than everything I was the champion of my world. Just as a fairy tale story.

I travelled over the whole world. I loved shooting goals from distance and I just nailed it.I became the best goal scorer just on the first season.Now,I am going to the fifa awards ceremony to get the fifa ballandor,the maximum a player can achieve.I get on the stage,and get the trophy tears in my eyes.Suddenly a noise burst through.It was familiar.It was the walking adventure.They must have somehow found the melody and now playing through the speakers.Clever idea. But wait!It is fading away.I suddenly open my eyes and silence the alarm knowing that this is a dream.I get up and go to follow my dream.A walking adventure.

November 06, 2020 17:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Stephan Fernando
04:08 Nov 12, 2020

A great story for everyone to read.Also the the element of surprise at the ending.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.