2 comments

Fiction Teens & Young Adult Thriller

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.

When you've been living together for two years but you never catch a glimpse of each other, When you only see each other in the passing of dusk and dawn in that crazy cycle, what is the story of Adrian and Ethan. Well Adrian goes back a very long time his dad and then his grandfather and then his great grandfather and then you get where those pictures going it's part of the gang and when I say part, I mean the boss their called the Valencian and have been at war with Kamandag. While Adrian, the son of Marcus, has recently passed after what's we’re all been told as a heart attack but what Adrian knows is a gunshot to the heart and if not by no other his mortal enemy Kamandag. All night they have been gearing up they have been making plans Adrian hasn't had a sip of water him and his right-hand man Henry has been making a play that no one's going to see coming. “Henry, can you get me another cup of coffee!” “Umm how about food and some water we have been at this all night I promise we will get payback, and they will never see it” Lets call it a night then best I get home its about time my roommate leaves. Adrian, maybe you should investigate him. It is a bit wired to leave at the same time everyday right at 6:37 PM every morning then gets back at the same time as you leave. No maybe he works at a bar, stop nagging me every night, and morning about him he is normal I doubt he could fight he looks like a stick. Come on at least learn his name man you’re a horrible roommate. Fine if I learn his name will you drop it wait you will if not, I will personally drop you, Henry! Jezz, bud you need your beauty sleep you don’t mean that you you need me. After finally making our way down the warehouse stairs, and to the cars I get on my Yamaha R1 motorcycle, and Henry in his 2023 Mazda3 very normal vehicles I hope they were gifts from my dad. Finally sweet home Apartment, now time for sleep a then online school man life is so difficult. Don’t forget to learn his name pops up in bold on my phone! So, as he is leaving an I walk in I ask “Hey Hi what’s your name?”” Ohhh Umm I’m Ethan Sorry I really must go my boss will have my head but umm sorry for never asking I agues nice meeting you!’’ Once out of the house an down the elevator I see my car an dark blue Hyundai Elantra N, with the one person I trust whole heartly I mean she knows everything my best friend Anderson, of course she has a first name but code names of a must in this line. Says my oh so dear father how I must say the whole world knows him, so I mean does it really matter, they also know me. “Anderson, I forget to tell someone a fake name what do I do?” We just hope he doesn’t find out and you father either I will keep it a secret but If even the tiniest reason to believe I will you safety comes first.’’ Thank you so much I would be in so much trouble omg the training he would make me do the god I don’t even want to think about it. But anyways let’s go see what the devil must need fixing now the horrid things he does, and I fix. Father where here, Oh Ethan why must you call me that I have a name please us it we have guest. “Great what misfortune event have you caused now that is causes other people to be here” Now Ethan fix the tone the Head of Valencian has finally been taken down a son ready to lead. Help me plan to kill him next. NO, I will not we were fine living in peace I have college you, “LISTEN HERE CHILD YOU WILL DO AS SAY ARE SHE WILL DIE!” Yes sir. SO, the next 10 hours a 30 mins I spent helping the devil. By the end I would kill someone named Adrian that went to college, lost his dad, and is a 19-year-old like me. As always Anderson and I Said I love you to my mom she is the other best thing in my life besides Andersons. Somone I would die for, kill for I have, then we get slushy’s admire New Jersey and then I got home by 4:43 sunset for my roommate to be leaving for mw to stupidly yell because he looks like he can fight an me not, “Hey wait umm what was your name?” “It’s Adrian, a maybe we should go get coffee are something finally actually talk not just catch a glimpse!” Henry can you not blow my phone to hell! Did you find out his name please say he isn’t creepy do we need to movies. “Henry I can fight, I’m an I gang his name is Ethan IS THAT ALL if so, I will be there soon.”  Oh, ok so he is normally that better I’m glad you not gonna die but maybe I should stalk him I don’t know see where he works did you get a last name if not try again there is a lot of Ethans I mean ones a Gangster that never been seen. “Henry this dude is a stick okay tiny as a pixy stick the ones, we get for Halloween not gangster leader type, plus I can come to work at all tomorrow so no fuck ups, were going for Coffee, maybe ill get a last name happy.” Now let me drive this is illegal! Fine just be safe you Moran, or I’m running this meeting. At the apartment, “He Father, I want be coming in tonight I’m Busy.” WHAT you can’t do that what’s this for Father I’m going for Coffee with Adrian!’ We can kill him today, Ethan!” NO, you can’t please let it be coffee I’ll tell you the plan later. Okay son, you have my word, thank you. I’m Proud of you son. Ethan Silencing his tear his dads never said that an all it took was killing his was enemy that means a lot my heart is having so many mixed emotions do I really wont this. After going through meetings and meetings of traffic cameras man Kamandag really keeps is son kept a secret, we got nothing by Ethan, the fact that he has a best friend names Anderson to go by. Come on Adrian it’s time to go way past time to go we can try again later I will keep looking at least we got a new name; Henry He killed my dad; I must kill him I need a Face I won’t leave. No, his dad did, and you need sleep now let’s go Adrian it’s not up for matter get in the car. How come he still has his shitty dad while mines gone, we would go get ice cream, help me with anything, make we smile, he taught me art for school, and so many thing an now he’s gone an I have to lead a fucking gang while, ETHAN HAS EVERYTHING A MOM AND A DAD I HAVE NEITHER HE TOOK BOTH FROM ME I wont them back Henry. He clasps to the ground while crying a Henry holds him you have me now go back to your weird dusk and dawn boy meeting. You also not driving back. Once back he smells Ramen noodles can’t sleep, no I tried, “so what you stay up till 7” For you information I was doing Homework its hard being a mass comm major I got papers due! “College the struggle” “you want to start are first actually meeting with coffee, now how about it Ethan” After Ramen please? Of course. And finally Dusk and Dawn meet but what’s to come.

November 11, 2023 04:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Makka <3
09:04 Nov 18, 2023

great story! i would consider adding spaces in between sections of the story to make it easier to read.

Reply

Sarah Martyn
18:37 Nov 21, 2023

agreed!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.