The Vampire E-Mail Conference

Submitted into Contest #34 in response to: Write a story told entirely through text messages or emails.... view prompt

0 comments

General

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

Dynamic Vampire News

Definition of Prana

Cosmic energy believed to come from the sun that connects the elements of the universe

[from Sanskrit, literally: life-force]

 

The concept of a universal energy is not a new one, neither is the concept of the Sun being the penultimate “life-giving” force in the cosmos. Purely, perhaps, because the concept of Prana is beyond the capacity of current scientific disciplines to measure or quantify it is relegated, by many commentators, to the realm that is known as “metaphysical” ~ if, however, our thinking is not rigidly bounded by scientific principles as mankind currently understands them then we can begin to perceive the metaphysical, and hence Prana, as a more real and proactive energy in the cosmos.

 

Dynamic Vampire News has, over the recent weeks, been presenting the personal concepts of a number of reputable commentators in defining and discussing a range of vampiric types. So far we have talked with Hybrid vampires, a Psionic vampire, Sanguinarians and Psi-vampires. Today we have the distinct privilege of chatting with the Vampires of Nakshidil, a quartet of pranic vampires under the guidance of Sappho Wolf. Sappho, Phobos Knight, Marilys Mars, and Seth Lachaise will delve into yet another intriguing facet of modern vampirism.

 

From: Sappho Wolf

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

We who have gathered under the banner of the Eastern Tulip and of Nakshidil have composed the following statement to clarify who we are, what we do, and our amicable and supportive relationship with other communities. As a woman of the eighteenth century, Nakshidil was a force of nature. We have chosen to honor her spirit and her ability to change the world around her. Nakshidil herself would not have worded it this way, of course, but all the same she knew how to use her portion of the universal energy to affect changes as she saw fit.


Nakshidil was an energy worker and architect, and so are we. Our central purpose is to work with the universal living energy, to influence changes and perceptions. We believe that anyone willing to put the effort into understanding the nature of energy—that it is living and that it is what makes up everything—can reap the benefits of the Eastern Tulip.

 

There is some confusion as to whether or not we are vampires. Naturally, this all depends on how one is defining vampire. We do not call ourselves vampires. We are not a part of the vampire community, but rather we exist parallel to it as friendly outsiders. If using the term vampire somehow makes us less confusing, we have no problem with other people calling us such—it is, after all, a noble

term—but we would once again emphasize our desire to remain separate and independent from the community.

 

As for the rest, we are only in the early stages of codifying and compiling the Eastern Tulip, our umbrella expression for our activities. We are using the Tacrostica as our moral and ethical compass. We are a path in progress based in what has been

tested and tried and in what is new.


Wisdom be with you.

 

It’s a pleasure to be working with Dynamic Vampire News. I can really appreciate the integrity and the professionalism. Over the years I’ve been approached by a variety of media outlets, but this is one of only a handful I can take seriously.

 

From: Phobos Knight

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

We’re always being invited to appear on camera to show the world our kind of vampirism. So far these have been efforts to exploit the real vampire or the investigators have been disappointed by our fairly normal lifestyles.

 

From: Dynamic Vampire News

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

Would you share with us how, and when, you first became aware of your own vampiric nature?

 

From: Sappho Wolf

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

We’ve agreed to use my story here. For the sake of clarity, I’ll start from the beginning.

 

My mentor—the woman responsible for bringing me into the vampire fold and for teaching me this decidedly different philosophy—was Anne de Molay (she may or may not have been descended from Jacques de Molay, the last Grand Master of the

Knights Templar), the late founder of the Order of Maidenfear, who passed in 2003. She was a friend of my family and a true role model to me for her compassion and her endless pursuit of knowledge.

 

From: Seth Lachaise

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

Just to mention, Anne de Molay was my grandmother, and the amount of writing, research, and knowledge she left is an Everest of a lifetime.

 

From: Sappho Wolf

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

She began applying the term “vampire” to her evolving philosophy of human metaphysical power and universal energy working based upon Anton LaVey’s discussion of psychic vampires as it appeared in the 1967 Satanic Bible. Anne wasn’t so much interested in Satanism as she was in the seemingly logical application of the

word to mean something other than the bloodsucking undead.

 

From: Marilys Mars

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

I think people have lost sight of how revolutionary LaVey’s book really was at the time, and he seems to have been the first to have thought of vampires outside the box.

 

From: Sappho Wolf

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

I was in my early teens when Anne and I began discussing her and in detail, and I felt a great harmony between myself and the worldview I was beginning to build and Anne’s notion of the vampire, which she defined as the following.

 

There exists an entity of living energy all around us and in the universe. This energy is both alive itself and imbues all things with life of one degree or another. A vampire is an adept at energy play, an adept at tapping into this living energy for self-benefit. A vampire knows how to take what energy they want and need and use it for their own purposes.


And so, by this definition, I was aware of my vampiric nature by my late to mid-teens.

 

From: Dynamic Vampire News

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

Did you recognize that you were a Pranic Vampire immediately or did you arrive at the conclusion over a period of time?

 

From: Sappho Wolf

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

I don’t remember a time when I didn’t feel engaged with the living energy of the universe, but I was fortunate to have good people to guide me into a state of peaceful realization. The definitions put before me were almost perfectly reflective of the conclusions I’d reached independently. I took time to search and contemplate, but I knew from the start that I’d found a kindred.

 

From: Dynamic Vampire News

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

For the benefit of our readers who may not be familiar with the term “Pranic Vampire” please describe what it means to be one?

 

From: Sappho Wolf

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

Pranic seems to mean different things for different people. For me, it’s all about the living energy which is the foundation of the universe (and physics bears this out) and working with that energy to achieve a desired result.

 

From: Marilys Mars

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

No one discusses the immortal aspect of the vampire much. But as science has born out, energy can never be destroyed. It only changes form. Is this a kind of immortality? I’m not sure, but it’s something to think about.

 

From: Dynamic Vampire News

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

…and where does the energy that Pranic-Vampires feed on come from?

 

From: Sappho Wolf 

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

Everywhere! Prana is the universe and everything in the universe. An individual only needs to perceive the prana. Personally I gain and give this energy through healing, particularly pranic midwifery.

 

From: Phobos Knight

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

The idea that everything in the universe is actually made up of one thing—call it prana for the moment—seems difficult to grasp. But this is what makes us part of everything.

 

From: Dynamic Vampire News

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

What is your personal philosophy on vampirism, as a Pranic Vampire?

 

From: Marilys Mars

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

A vampire’s strength is in a vampire’s independence. Having groups and communities can be productive, but ultimately a vampire is a sovereign being. This is an essential paradox, because if the universe is made up of energy that is in everything, then all vampires are part of that energy as well, and there really isn’t

anything like being solitary.

 

From: Dynamic Vampire News

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

Do you think that there are, or may well be, many Psi-vampires out there who are actually Pranic Vampires but who do not realize it?

 

From: Sappho Wolf

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable 

 

I already hold that psychic vampires are pranic vampires according to their own practices, but I have to wonder how many psychic vampires would want to be brought into the wider universe of the pranic.

 

From: Dynamic Vampire News

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

Is there a particular focal place or group in the online vampire community for Pranic Vampires?


From: Sappho Wolf

Re: Pranic Vampire Roundtable

 

Well technically all foci and groups can be embraced by the pranic vampire, but I tend to think our discussions belong on more metaphysical or spiritual areas. And we definitely have no time for drama or social politics.  There might be, but as for us, we’re not part of the OVC. We run parallel maybe. We’re not part of the OVC and we don’t want to be part of the OVC—interviews seeking information such as this one notwithstanding.

 

DVN: How, in your view, does Pranic vampirism differ from Psi-vampirism?

 

SW: Psychic vampirism is an exercise of the mind. Pranic vampirism is working with the universal living energy in all of its forms.

 

SL: If I could be honest, I’m really worn out by all this fuss about classification and reclassification. Can’t we just all be what we are and get on with it?

 

DVN: What, if any, are the latest moves to draw Pranic-vampires to a common meeting place on the internet?

 

PK: I have no idea.

 

SW: I was trying for several years before leaving the OVC. Unfortunately pranic vampirism is difficult to explain and lacks a lot of the draw of other kinds of vampirism. At its worst a pranic tract reads like a physics textbook.

 

DVN: Do you think there are more people looking to alternatives now than in the past, more Sanguinarians looking further than Sang-life, or more Psi’s looking further afield than Psi-life?

 

SW.: Never be surprised by an individual—of any stripe—who will always insist the grass is greener somewhere else!

 

DVN: On a more personal note, what projects are you currently engaged in?

 

SL: The economic times have put a real cramp in the number and depth of projects any of us are involved in. Personally I’m working to stay one step ahead of disaster.

 

SW: This may come as a surprise, but the four of us are involved in politics, especially the upcoming presidential election. At the same time that I’m bringing the Eastern Tulip into bloom, I’m following the warning of Ralph Nader—“Turn onto politics before politics turns on you.”

 

PK: We’ve been working to assemble a book for several months now, and it’s definitely in the not-too-distant future. But it’s slow going.

 

DVN: There are many who say that the terms “vampire” and “metaphysical” shouldn’t appear together in any sense, especially descriptive. What is your view on that standpoint?

 

SW: I have a hard time understanding why people enjoy limiting their own thinking.

 

DVN: Do you have anything you would care to add on the subject of Pranic-Vampirism?

 

PK: Only that pranic vampirism is not what we’re doing, or if some people take us a pranic vampires, it’s their personal perception.

 

SW: I’ll say what I always say in this situation. Semantics are a pain in my bottom.


Readers! Writers! Please take good care of yours and yourselves. I wish you hope and health.


Emilie J. Conroy

ejconroy778@gmail.com


March 26, 2020 23:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.