James finally listen's to the Public

Submitted into Contest #94 in response to: End your story with someone finally conceding to another’s point of view.... view prompt

0 comments

American Teens & Young Adult Fiction

James always gave his point of view on things and did not care. What anyone thought their point of view did not matter to him. James way of thinking sticking to his point of view on stuff. Usually got him in pretty good situations it landed him a job as a principal of a school.

James was not satisfied with that position he wanted more. He decided to run for mayor running with his point of views. Which got him in office James used his point of view to fix a lot of this in the office. Plus the town the people that worked with the mayor had conferences. Brought other points of view to help with the town schools everything but James. Stuck to his point of view on thing one day James woke up deciding he wanted more.

James looked at his wife Molly and said.

James: ( I think I want to run for governor.)

Molly: ( You sure? I mean you are really making people mad but not listening to them now.)

James: ( Yes I am sure. I am doing it.)

Molly: (Okay I have your back.)

James announces that he is running for governor to everyone in the mayor’s office. There are a few people happy some are not happy at all. The race for the governor’s office is under way the the only reason James got into office. Is because the people wanted some one different. A few months in the governor’s office James decides he wants more. So yet again James goes to his wife saying.

James: ( Molly I want your opinion on something.)

Molly: ( What would that be.)

James: ( What do you think about me running for President.)

Molly: ( James.) ( Sigh) ( That would be great.)

James: ( Okay it is settled I will make the announcement later today.)

Molly hopes that one day James will one day listen to the people. Instead of always just going with his point of view. He would be a more effective leader that way James is a good man. His only down fall is he does not listen Molly will stick by him even if he fails.

So the run for the white house begins James goes on campaign. Giving his point of view to everyone on how things have been. Where he would like to see things go for a while James seems to be doing good this is what he want. There was a fire in his eyes a hunger in his heart the fire has seem to have burnt out. James no longer seems to want this Molly sees what is going on. James does not seem to believe in what he is saying any more.

Everyone on the bus with James is getting in his face about not caring anymore. Molly sits back watching all this take place knowing if they push him. To hard he will leave Molly pulls one of the campaign members to the side saying.

Molly: ( Jenny you need to tell them to leave James alone now.)

Jenny: ( Why?)

Molly: ( If you do not get them to leave him alone. James will drop out of the campaign I am telling you now.)

Jenny: ( Okay no problem.)

Jenny grabs everyone that is around James takes them to the back. Has a talk with them about what is going on. Molly know that she needs to bring some, else in to show James a different point of view. But who should it be not a politician Molly need some one that has been through it. Some one that is a every day worker that sticks to their point of view on thing. But that has learned to see other people’s point of view.

Molly goes to the back of the bus grabs a map picks a state they are going to. Then picks a town by hanging up the map. Taking a dart and throwing the dart at the map she walks to the front of the bus. Having a quiet conversation with the bus driver about where they will be going.

On their way to where Molly told the bus driver they will be going. James takes a nap Molly call a conversation with everyone saying. ( do not wake James when we get there.) Jenny Looks at Molly saying.

Jenny: ( Why? What is going on?)

Molly: ( Jenny do you want to win this campaign?)

Jenny: ( Yes.)

Molly: ( Okay then trust me. James has lost the fire and hunger for this. I am simply reigniting the fire.)

Jenny: ( How are you going to do that?)

Molly: ( James has only stuck to his point of view. Yes in some was it is good but running for presidency. No he has to listen to other’s and see their point of view or we will lose. So I am simply going to go out when we stop which we are about to. Ask a few people to come on the bus and talk to James so he can see their point of view.)

Jenny: ( That is a good idea. We can have it in a room some where instead and have the press film it.)

Molly: ( I was not thinking of that. That could help also.)

The bus comes to a stop Molly looks out the front window as she steps off. The bus Molly looks around see the building. She would like the one on one conversations with James to take place at. Everything gets set up Molly goes to get James to bring him to the restaurant. As they walk in Molly explains to James what will be going on James is not to happy about it.

He goes along with it because his wife worked so hard to get it set up. As James is listening to each person one on one. James begins to see that his point of view is not the only one that matters. James has went from being a principle to a mayor to a governor listening only to his self. Not caring what other people thought James only did thing’s that only he thought was good.

The thing’s James thought was good for the school or town or state. James now realizes that everything he thought was good was but was not. Only because he listened to him self they all could have been a lot better. If he had just stopped being so arrogant only pushing his point of view. On other and stopping to sit down and see other peoples point of view.

After every one was gone from the one on one meetings with James. The press stopped James to ask him ( Sir. What was all of those meetings about?)

 James looked at the camera and saying.

James: ( I sat there listening to people to see there point’s of view. I am taking each and every one of there points of view with me on my campaign. Once I am in the white house these good people will see there point’s of view come to life.)

May 19, 2021 18:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.