1 comment

Contemporary Indigenous Mystery

This story contains sensitive content


Sensitive to first nation people.

Land Rights




To my son.




The spirit is calling...

I cannot lie, but you can! You can lie due to culture. You can lie to yourself, but I cannot. The land belongs to the people who are true owners, its not land rights, it simply belongs to the true caretakers.


He said, "Love has hate, hate has love," You love something enough to hate what you do not want and that is natural!


So I allow the ancestors to write, trapped from the cultures of their life wanting freedom through this wounded healer.

I allow the spirits to laugh at me, as I return to ivory rock, lost as a child.


I slip into a time warp, lantenna releasing blood from my wounds as I wander seeing the future. It's scary! One child will have her sister abducted by serial killers. Another will lose their parents early. The others do not matter because the law keepers on the land want to talk to us only. This is not Australian law, it is ancient law! The first Australian land protectors have no care for what culture says is true and right. Their dark shadows trap the falling sun and we are lost.


The compass does not tell us the direction to camp, for we, the children of the White are made to listen. To listen to the silence, listen to the plot of our life at their mercy. No, we do not run. Our bodies tiny in the mist who imposes in on us cannot run! The sound of Australian, the terra nullius, the wild life whispers, "toxins" .... " imposters"


And then the boys climb the lower cliff face. "There's our camp" We are walking on sacred land belonging to a local farmer? Or are we walking upon sacred land in the time of initiation, which was not our business, not whate man's! There is no mercy to the law of the ancients, no mercy for us the children of the invasion!


The Rock sees. My eyes are closed, I am blind!


My mother did not want me to go camping, it was my stubborn nature, my long hair twisting in the air like Samson. I should have my hair cut off! OR maybe shaved off and the half metre strands sold! Because I followed the bird where Bethsheba bathed.


Years later.


He said, "When you hear the kookaburras laugh, you will be pregnant!" I did not understand his peering into my soul, a soul pierced and bloodied by lantenna. I wrote what he said in a university pro land rights assignment, not understanding, he spoke to my soul! I only heard the musing words of verbatim to my little self.


I hide my children, as the darkness fell. "You're a single parent!" I felt worthless taunted by those words and still did not understand. I mean my sort could only have a man who would then raid my fridge boasting of his conquest to others of the useless aberration I was!


Then I find myself lost, standing naked, to the question

, "Who is your Goddess?" Swallowing and scared of being scoffed, I whispered with sword at my throat, "Lilith" The stars were so cold that night. The goat head asked, "What is your spiritual name?" I whispered " The name of my ancestors-Rose"


And then He came to me and asks, "How are your children?" A man of such spiritual importance asking about my children? My seduction seemed worthless, to so many beautiful women around him. I could not understand. In my jeans and t-shirt with my deep masculine, scorned self, blood seeping from the lantenna I would hide! No man was interested in my children, or my poverty. I held my head high, "They are good!!"


Neptune in scorpio meant I would wander in the darkness near the Rock seeking the underworld, seeking the ancestors, men useless aberrations!


And then He said, "You are beautiful" and did not touch me. I sleep alone waking to fireflies next to the Bohemian forest. Incense burning, I could hear Him above me chanting, "OmNamah Shivaya"


And then He sent to me, an aboriginal protester, "Protect Him" Held in custody, harassed, vilified for shouting the "Rock belongs to us!", I helped him. As they dragged his small body away with spear, I spoke for Him.


The Rocks silence began to speak, "Why did you become a hater?" I was ashamed naked, knowing my own cowardice.


They say, "Who is your God?" I mumbled in my sleep, "yud heh vav heh" I was the excrement, the one not to be trusted, the liar, the theif to you! My tears came from the kangaroos, the koalas, the magpies but my laughter came from the kookaburras.


She was on the road, near the Rock, collecting from the pouches Joey's. A blue cross sprayed on the road kill. I took to Her a bird coughing and she said, "bird flu!" and broke its neck! "Such is what is wild" She said.


And then I'm at a workplace following Australian rule football singing cultural mantras.. I remember her eyeliner around aging bagged eyes, "she said, she said and then he said" My eye opened. Men were important, of course, now was that white men who were important hmmmm, or

Mmmmmmmm? "You know, you know, you know, you no longer find domestic violence acceptable" , As trim man patting dogs comes to power!


The Rock spoke, "Too much white blood and not enough black blood" This time wiser and I bowed, with one staying eye open. For the keepers of the Rock had whispered to Her, She, It!.


And he pulled out pictures and scratched with a pin, the bloodied lantenna scars ran with the ink of a tatooed a black snake on my arm. I worked, as my boss, pulled up my sleeve, "You're poor and I am rich" Both eyes opened!


I died, the tunnel was shadowy, I could see people walking in a dream, the light motioned in reflected intensities, as it moved through the legs of the deadl.

And then I came to the Sea. The Sea was silent as a coffin. A dark, ugly thing stood before me, skin of a reptile,, it said, " You are to return!" He placed a red Cape over my nakedness, "This is your birthright, this is your protection." He gave me a sword, "This is your truth, write it in a book, "The book of Secrets!"


Gurus- laws- spiritual people- birds- and water swirled around me as I returned hearing my beloved yell, "You're not ok, you were dead!" I did not want to be on earth, life seemed unfair and I wanted to return to peace"


I wandered in my dreams from then on, this world I did not belong to.


The Rock said, "Your Son" I cried in my core, I shook, I screamed at the revelation because I could not understand. I could not understand the caroberee. I screamed out my heart.


And then I wept as the moon kissed the sun, at the blessing, the gift who was given to me.


If I never write the book, my life story is the story. When I return to the stars, my words from the heart will be the story of all human beings following their arcetype, their learning home!


And He said, "You got this little miss between red and black!" I smile and say, "I AM my own guru?" And this is the chant beyond and above all human worlds, "I AM my own guru!" The world only needed religion as a guide, not a cage, till they evolved to know creator God.

And He says, "Speak" I hold up my sword, "Treaty"


"FOLLOW THE WHITE RABBIT 🐇





November 03, 2023 09:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Rose Lind
08:13 Nov 09, 2023

I can write with clear conscience and truthfully say, not as a sales rep, but in truth, our land needs treaty.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.