0 comments

Kids

It was 11 pm at night when I was waiting for my buddy Ronald Saxe. My name is Hendy Beckerfield and I am just like any other teenage kid. Ron and I have been friends since nursery but then Ronald’s family’s status got worse so my aunt, a virago, ditched Ronald’s family but poor me I couldn’t ditch my chum and I thought it would be a disgraceful act to my friendship so I stayed as a friend to Ronald. At this night we were planning to go out hunting for ghosts in the old necropolis in the side of the village. Ron and I thought it would be a great idea to prove to ourselves that we were brave if we spend at least an hour in the old graveyard.

Psssst… yo, man get up dude, I am here!” said a voice from below the torn apart house that belonged to my aunt, a jamoke.

“O great I thought you wouldn’t come…”

“K, let's stop wastin’ time and hurry up…”

I used the house’s pipeline that ran from upstairs to the bottom as a slide to slip to the ground without making a sound.

We both walked silently through the village and into the necropolis without being seen. The necropolis was a quiet area which had thousands of people buried in its ground. It had been there since long ago but no one ever came here for anything not even for the burial of dead people. The necropolis contained three big statues in it. These statues were kept here to keep the dead people safe and sound.

“Man, this place is creepin’ me out,” I said

I started to chicken out because I hate the darkness and night but Ronald was looking very brave and tried to calm me down.

“Dude, calm yourself down. What do you think is gonna happen? Huh? A ghost gonna jump in front of our face?” said Ron relaxedly.

We wandered around lie two eejits to spend one hour in the necropolis. We wasted away a major part in trying to dig up a big hole. But as we were digging up in a certain area, a different coloured soil started becoming visible. We thought it was because someone poured water into the soil. We dug away a heap of soil and found a little piece of paper wrinkled with age and eroded by the water particles and soil. The handwriting was neat and handwritten with a stylish characteristic. It said:


Text Box: “Look young man/woman you have found yourself in trouble and luck at the same time. After you have read this message you are in grave danger. If you finish the three tasks I give you and manage to survive from the grave danger, you will find yourself a great deal of wealth. Don’t think of the danger as too easy, it is too risky.”
Three tasks:
1.	Find the Marcus gang and kill the head leader
2.	Enter the world of Hell
3.	Bring the Shield of the Lord
If you quit because it is too hard, you will be in killed or slowly killed by the Grave Danger that is following you…
---The Choice Is Yours…---




All of a sudden we couldn’t stop laughing because the paper is pure craziness and we didn’t believe it a bit. The night was clearing and getting brighter so we thought it would be a good idea to clap back to our houses. We hoofed our way back home with the piece of paper. On the way home, we ended up in a dead-end. It wasn’t because we didn’t know the way back home, it was done purposely by some idiot. We started going the other way but stopped because the other side was full of hissing sounds. I dunno what it was but when I stepped closer I saw a huge bundle of snakes. We were surrounded by them. We tried climbing the walls but it didn’t work. We tried banging the door but there was no luck to be found so we quitted trying and wasting our energy. You see I was too young to die so I thought of a plan but nothing came to my dumb mind, it was purely blank with no clue of what was going on. Suddenly I remembered my science class sub: “Snakes are attracted to hot objects because they have thermal vision.” I quickly threw my lighter that I always have in my pant pocket away from us. The butters quickly wriggled away from us and towards the lighter. Time for a quick flashback: Usually in lessons, I don't really listen to the teachers. Especially I hated science class teacher, she was the worst of all. It was because one time we had a practical lesson in our science class. We entered the class silently and placed our bags at the back of the room. We put on our gloves and aprons so that we don't get anything on ourselves. We were in year 8 by then so we mature enough to handle scalpels on our own. That day we were dissecting a sheep's eye. We were studying it and I did not like it at all, but every other person in our classroom loved it. We started cutting the eye in half. My sheep's eye wobbled and slipped and landed on the floor. But then It started rolling away. Without knowing myself I started running with my scalpel in my hand. The teacher caught me red-handed and you know what happened? : Detention... I'm the world's most unlucky person in the whole wide world. I don't know if it was that she didn't like me or that I didn't like her but I always got bad grades like Cs and even Fs sometimes. You may think that my aunt will care about it and she will beat me up but no she doesn't do that. That doesn't make her a good aunt though why she doesn't care is because that she doesn't like me going to school and she wants me to work in the plains to earn money for her. Pity me that I have got myself in this messy life. But coming back to the point, even though I hated my science teacher's snorrendous lecture, I managed to remember this fact which helped us stay alive…



May 22, 2020 19:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.