1 comment

Fiction Romance

I was a dreamer of impossible dreams. Graduated with flying colors, landed a decent job, and owned a famous bakery in various places. All of those were written in my bucket lists. Others might laugh at me, while some would be grateful for the dreams that I was aiming for. Others would be irritated because I was too ambitious. Well, I would like to clarify, that I was not bragging or boasting about all of these. I was just a believer and a dreamer of hopes and dreams. 


      I was not as gorgeous and sexy as other girls, I was only an optimistic one. If they could be beautiful of course, I could be too. It was just a matter of believing. Another thing was, I couldn't consider myself as a genius I was just a straightforward one who tried to express what was inside of my heart. Lastly, I was not coming from a well-off family, but a family that is living for hopes and dreams that sooner our lives would be better too like those fortunate ones. 


      It was a time that the earth stopped for a while. The birds would sing a beautiful song and the seeds would begin to sprout. My heart was beating so fast not because I was nervous, but because of the mixing emotions, I had felt. It was the first time that I saw my parents, their eyes were full of fulfillment once a believer in my hopes and dreams were now accompanying me to receive my diploma. 


      Bachelor of Culinary Arts, Cum Laude, Ainna Tamanio. I couldn't express the gratefulness I had in my heart. I heard people clapping and congratulating me. I fulfilled one of my heart desires. This was because I believed that I could do no matter how others would tell me. "Ainna, what was the name of your school?" This was the common question I heard the most."Derby University" She was flabbergasted, I couldn't figure out what would she felt about it. It was one of the prestigious universities in England. As I said, we weren't rich, but I had a great family who favored my ambition. Of course, because of being optimistic, persevere, dedicated I was one of those favorable scholars.


     It was two years ago, I had my bakery now. It was famous in our place. Most people wanted the appetizing taste of most of my cakes, I had also, customers from other places who ordered for their sellers. Most of you would think that my head got bigger, in short, others thought that I was boasting and bragging about what I had. Well, it was just a matter of faith, hope, and dream. Then, if you felt jealous of me, dreamed a hundred times than me.  


     "Ainna, why not join in a competition here?" Of course, this was the recommendation of my half who dreamed a thousand times than me."I like it, and I will participate!"That was the only thing, I uttered. That was my nature, trying everything about my ambition. Sounded, great. I knew others would be jealous again well, who knew. 


      I didn't know, why the man across my bakery was glancing at me. It seemed that his eyes were fixed on me for a long time. Others might be perplexed, to my haters, I would like you to know that he was not flirting with me, besides I even knew him at all. Maybe he was just my admirer. Who cared, I was single and ready to hang out. 


     "Hello, I'm Jae Park" I was startled, I couldn't utter even a single word. It seemed that all my confidence vanished. Well, he was so attractive, and I couldn't deny it. I could describe him with one word, he was so handsome and elegant. " I'm Ainna Tamanio," I said in a timid voice. "Nice meeting you!" he added with contentment in his expression.


     At night, I couldn't sleep well. I was sleepless his face was still in my mind. Even myself, I couldn't explain my uneasiness. Until dark covered everything, I slept like a log.


     It was a great day, for all the contestants, everyone was delighted for the outcome of the competition. I was even nervous, about the result. I accidentally looked at the other side, I saw him with my two eyes. He waved at me and smiled. My heart skipped for a while. He was one of my rivals. 


     The competition was over. In a few minutes, they would announce the winner. "Congratulations Jae Park!" At that time, I felt the same happiness that he felt, it seemed that our hearts were connected. You might wonder, why at this time my fate didn't agree with me because I was certain he deserved it, more than anyone else. 


     Of course, I was still a dreamer after that, but a dreamer of genuine love from the special man."Hi, Ainna It's been a while, what are you up to.?" I was stunned, the clock stopped for a while. I couldn't express my feeling. I was certain, it was not a dream.

Days, weeks, months, years had passed by our feeling for each other grew deeper. Our love was like the sweet cakes that we baked that was specially formed. 


      All my dreams and hopes were the witness of the sweetness of life I had with him. I was considered myself a favorable one. Before I was a dreamer and a believer in impossible dreams. 


     It was five years ago since I met him in a competition, but he attracted me every single day. I loved him he knew it. He was my supporter and a dreamer of our better future thousands of times than me. Well, how was our story started? It started with him of course, he liked me since then. I was not boasting at all. I was so blessed beyond measure. I had a handsome son and a beautiful daughter. To those who disliked me, well it was your choice, not mine. One thing, I was certain of, we choose to stay and in love with each other. 

I still remembered, how our love story started. " When two hearts met accidentally."


December 12, 2020 01:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Shanta Kanrar
11:07 Dec 20, 2020

Such a great story . "All my dreams and hopes were the witness of the sweetness of life I had with him."favorite line 🤗

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.