0 comments

Bedtime Kids Inspirational

The day has arrived, and Hope can’t seem to control herself. Today is the…. Uh-oh first it seems like you’ll need an introduction. Hope Forbes is a little 9-year-old girl with cuteish smile, chocolate brown hair and pretty blue eyes. She is much more similar to her mother Candice Forbes. And she lives in Atlanta. So, let’s pick up from where we left. Today is the day as Hope is going to visit and stay at her grandma and grandpa’s house for the rest of her vacations. As the corona virus pandemic was currently in action and there was lockdown all over her and her grandparents place, thus she was unable to visit them. And that’s the reason she’s over excited. Hope started packing her bag and was unknowingly packing her whole room items. At the same time her mother entered her room and exclaimed, Hope why are you packing the entire room in your little bag!! I suppose grandma and grandpa already have those essentials.

 Hope who was too busy packing suddenly realized the same and came to a halt. She told her mother with a sigh: my adrenaline is over all me, just can’t control it. Sorry. Her mother laughed and said smiling it’s okay, but let’s get a move on or we shall be late. They stuffed their luggage in the car and started their journey. Hope asked her mother when are we going to reach Covington? Mother replied just have a nap and we will soon be there. Her grandparents lived in a bungalow in Covington.


                        ~ AFTER MANY HOURS~

Mother: Get up sweetie!!, we have reached our destination.

Hope half sleepy opened her eyes and saw her grandparents. She squealed with delight and hugged them. After some time when everything was settled and adjusted, Hope started watching T.V. but as soon as she did that her mother Candice appeared and told her to do her classwork and project first. Upset hope went up upstairs and thought If for once she didn’t listen to her mother and not do her project and classwork as there were still many vacay days ahead her. In the evening when she stepped downstairs for the dinner, her mother asked her about the classwork and the project and she lied back to her by saying she had completed it. Days passed, but her classwork and project were yet not finished. So, when her mother decided to check her classwork and project so far, she saw nothing except a completely blank notebook. She was shocked because she never lied except before the major incident of her life. She told grandmother about Hope and asked her to lead Hope to the right path. Grandmother wise and old thought of telling Hope a story about her mother Candice. Hope was excited to listen about her mother, so grandma began the story....

Long ago, when your mother Candice Forbes was just as your age a life changing incident occurred. You see, your grandfather owned a cake shop business and he used to sell his cakes to his business partner Mr. Weasley so he could sell them in his supermarket. The business was adequate but Mr. Weasley was replaced by his son Tom. Candice had no clue of this. And so, she started boasting. She told Tom that your grandfather i.e., her father is going bake him the largest cake he had ever seen. when he is going to bake me the cake?? tom asked gleefully.

By tomorrow Candice replied. And so, Candice came home, begged your grandpa to make an astonishing big cake but he straightforwardly said no. she pleaded and cried but unheeded. Finally, without an alternative she went to tom and was about to tell him when all of a sudden tom’s friends arrived and tom started telling them about the big cake. With a nagging pit in her stomach, she blurted out that the cake is not going to be baked because her father’s i.e., your grandpas admitted in a hospital due to hand facture. Tom totally horrified told her to take care of him and also told her that he’ll visit sometime later. Accordingly, she came home and told us that tom’s father was admitted to the hospital with a dangerous flu so as execute her lie perfectly. Perplexed both of us and Candice rushed to the hospital. Candice covered us completely in mask and PPE kits, and took us to the same room she told tom for the visit. She requested your grandpa to drink some liquor disguised as medicine so he could fall asleep. He fell to an instant sleep whereas I sat beside him on a chair totally confused. Hence, Candice went outside the room as to not be questioned about the medicine. After sometime Tom paid your grandpa a visit and consoled me. Puzzled I asked him about why was he consoling me and also told him that I should be the one comforting you. Tom bewildered was just about tell us what Candice had told him but on that very second your grandpa woke up sluggishly yet began listening with rapt attention. So, tom told us all about the conversations occurred with Candice and we told him about ours. The three of us sat in silence and came up with plan to teach Candice a lesson. Sometime later Candice entered the room and saw your grandpa with a hand and leg fracture and also saw me and tom crying and consoling respectively. She stared at me with a how did this happen look on her face. Unable to bear the sight of her father she exploded in tears and confessed to him about every single lie she ever said as well as pleaded for our forgiveness. We all aware of Candice learning her lesson started laughing. Bemused she asked me what was going on, ergo we all told her each and everything about our plan. Hence, she stated that “never will I ever speak lie to anyone for the rest of my life. I promise”. And from that day onwards your mother is incapable of telling even the smallest lie or half-truth. Thus, by saying this grandma concluded the story. Hope staring at her grandma with an easily readable expression bent her head down in shame, it seems you have lied to my dearie, just confess it and ask for forgiveness other than starting a lie chain grandma quoted. Hope upon realizing her mistake apologized to her mother as well as her grandparents and even completed her classwork and her project. She also swore to never ever speak lie again.


January 14, 2021 18:00

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.