3 comments

Christmas Romance Drama

 Today is the day when all students sharing their gifts to their Christmas secret friend.

“Hey! Friends, look at my gift,” all of my class students celebrating Christmas well by presenting gifts to each other.

I sat in the class corner place and looking them with rested my hands elbow on the table by put my palms on my chin.

Still I hadn't get any Christmas gift yet.

“Hey! Lusi,” my friend called me in the crowd of my class. I noticed her.

She came with razed the crowd.

“Oh!, God,” she took a deep breathe by putting her hands on the table.

“What’s with you,” I took off my hands from my chin.

“See my gift,” she smiled and opened the gift in front of me.

“Wow!,” I glazed it, that was a Silver bracelet.

“Who gave it to you?,” I upright my head and looked her.

“Our class second handsome boy gave it to me,” she raised her eyebrows and smiled at me.

I kept staring at the bracelet.

“Where is your gift?,” she asked.

“I haven’t any,” I lifted my shoulder and showed her my empty palms.

“Don’t worry, maybe they are busy with something,” she tapped my shoulder.

“Did you give the present to your Christmas secret friend?” She asked.

Then, I stand up to present a gift to my Christmas secret friend. She was school beauty of ours school.

She sat in her seat, I walked to her with hesitation.

“Your gift,” I stretched my hands in front of her with looking down.

“Thank you, my friend,” she got it and smiled at me.

I surprised by she called me as ‘my friend’.

“Lusi, come on,” my friend called me from my seat.

Then, I moved from there.

A boy came to me with holding a flower in his hand. I stopped to take steps. I kept staring him. Suddenly he kneeled down in front of me with seeing me.

I downed my looks and saw him with nervous.

“Oh my God, is he going to do propose to me?,” I thought, my heart started beating so fast.

My class suddenly become silent and also All students eyes were staring me.

“Is he my secret friend?,” I keep thinking.

“I love you,” he stretched the flower to me.

“God, he proposed to me, what am I going to do now?,” my heart beating got worse. It was my first ever proposal from someone.

I stretched my shaking hands to get the flower. Then, I got it and looked him with doubt.

“I did it as you ordered me, give my gift to me,” he stands up and moving to another girl who standing near to the class door.

All my class students laughed at me and also that girl crinkled at me.

I downed my head and threw the flower on the ground.

My friend stared her with angry and pulled me out from the classroom.

“Don’t be sad, she usually likes this,” my friend convinced me by holding my shoulder tightly.

I and my friend went home,

On the way of home she closed my eyes with her hands.

“What are you doing?,” I tried to take off her hands.

“Don’t talk, walk with me,” she ordered me.

“Is she my secret friend?,” I walked with her by thinking like this and I smiled secretly. She put me to sit on a chair.

She took her hands from my face, the table is filled up by the chocolates cup. Furthermore, she sat opposite the seat to me and kept smiling at me. I looked forward for what place was this.

That was my favorite ice cream shop.

“I love you, lusi,” she also proposed to me.

“Wow!, can I considered it as your first proposal?,” I glazed her with surprised eyes.

“Yes, you can,” she gave a chocolate cup to me.

“It was my second proposal from my friend,” I thought and grinned at her.

I was eating chocolate and also I shared it to her.

After finishing to eat, we came out of the shop.

At the time, her phone was ringing.

“Hello! Yes, dad,” she answered.

“Okay, dad,” she said and cut the phone.

“Lusi, my dad called me, I’ll see you later,” she said and leave me.

I kept walking on the street.

A young boy came forward to me with holding a flower.

I sigh and kept walking by downed my head.

“Lusi,” he called me. I upright and looked him.

“Who are you? , how do you know my name?,” I didn’t know him, but he called me by my name.

“What?, do you not know me?,” he points himself.

“Sorry, I didn’t,” I said and moved from there.

“Stop!,” He blocked me.

“What do you want?,” I raised my voice to him.

“Sorry, I’m your class student and your secret friend. I would sit in the seat in front of you,” he said with looking at the ground.

I take a deep inhale.

“Sorry for misunderstood, I didn’t see you,” I said and felt sorry for him.

“It’s okay,” he smiled at me.

I also smiled at him.

Suddenly he kneeled in front of me.

“Now what?,” I took a few steps back immediately.

“I am going to give you my secret gift,” he said.

“Oh my God!, is he going to do propose to me?,” my heart started beating so fast.

“Can you love me, please?,” he stretched the flower to me with kneeling down.

"Oh my! It's my third proposal from someone," I thought.

“But, I can’t,” I said and took steps back.

“Why?,” he asked with innocent eyes.

“I can’t, that’s it,” I ran away from him. I reached my home. My parents told me to get ready to go church. We tied my dog on the porch.

We went to the church. There, I ran to Santa clause. He blessed me and gave me a new year card. ‘Your love coming to you’ it was in it. My parents bring me into the church. A Few minutes later, I went out to play swing.

“Why did he propose to me?,” I thought about my Christmas secret friend.

At the time, a small boy came there and sat next to my swing.

“Hi!, sister,” he said with kept swinging.

I nodded my head.

“Why are you sad?,” he asked.

“I thought my Christmas secret friend give a gift, but he proposed to me,” I stopped swinging and said with looking at the ground.

“You are so beautiful, sister,” he also stopped swinging and staring at me.

“How do you say it, do I seem beautiful to you?,” I asked him and looked him with doubts.

“Yes, sister. You look beautiful,” he got down from swing, and he approached me.

“I would love you if I was a big boy now,” he gave me a rose and smiled at me.

"It's my fourth proposal from you," I said.

“Me too!,” also I rubbed his hair and smiled at me.

“Sorry, sister, my mom will yell at me, I need to go,” he said and left.

I looked my watch, it’s only 1 minute left for Jesus birth.

I looked at the clock on the church.

My dog came there with holding a purple prince flower. It’s my favorite flower. It is blossom in winter season only.

“Lu, why are you here? Who untie you?,” I kneeled to my dog and rubbed his neck with my hands.

Lu dropped the flower on my hand.

“Who gave it to you?,” I lifted his face.

Lu turned back and barking at me, then he went with wiggling his tail.

“He’s trying to say follow him,” I thought.

I followed him. He brought me to kinder garden. A brightness came from the place where purple prince bloom.

Their place was filled up by a purple prince flower on the snow. The lights made glow it.

“Wow!,” I kneeled down and touching the flowers.

At the time, a scene came to my mind.

“I was playing with purple prince flower while I’m in the kinder garden. My childhood friend denial also with me there. He was a lovable friend of mine. “It’s my favorite flower, denial,” I said to him. He plucked the flower, and he gave it to me. He and I smiled each other. But, he left me in the elementary school for his parents .”

I smiled at the flower with thinking about him.

Since he left me from the kindergarten he didn’t come here even once.

I saw a boots leg in front of me, then I stand up slowly by looking at him from down.

He stretched the purple prince flower to me.

His handsome face frozen me.

“Who are you?,”I asked him without blinking my eyes.

“I’m… denial,”he said and smiled with holding flower.

“Danial,”tears started to come out from my eyes.

“Sorry to make you wait for long periods, ” he kneeled down in front of me.

I looked him with watery eyes.

“I love you, lusi,”he proposed to me with purple prince flower.

I got it from his hand. He was standard up and, then I hugged him tightly. I closed my watery eyes. My tears wet his coat.

“Sorry, lusi,” he also hugged me tightly and started to cry.

"My fifth proposal is from you my true love," I thought.

Christmas Eve Bell started to ring when Danial hugged me.


December 24, 2020 12:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Loved this story a lot!

Reply

ABINAYA K
09:16 Dec 25, 2020

Tq so much for your review, it's mean lot to me.

Reply

No problem!! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.