0 comments

Contemporary Fiction Romance

The glamorous world for Ryan wasn't an accident that happened over time, He was determined to make a place in the Indian film industry for himself and wanted to do whatever it takes. Life sometimes throws us things we could not catch. Or maybe we could. it would happen with everyone, and that was how it all started for 27-year-old Ryan.

Ryan Parker stared at the laptop in front of him, the one he had purchased from an old shop in Mumbai. It was discarded yet working.

As he researched about the new reality show, He looked around his shabby room and the three other boys sleeping in his dorm room, he promised himself that one day or the other he would earn everything for himself. He clicked on the link and noted all the required information about the eligibility criteria for audition and applied for it.

(Ryan-3 days later)

"You are not a star, neither you have a fan following why should we allow you to work in the best reality show. What quality would you be able to add it to RADS(Reap and dream show)?"

He had practiced answering this question in his mind more than enough time however in reality it was overwhelming to reply when you are looked down upon like that.

"Because I will do anything for it, The others are celebrities and Are already in a place where they won't sacrifice anything for your show, but I want to go up, and up and I will do anything to be good enough for it."

"Hmm." The woman narrowed her eyes at him.

"How about a love story? Will you be able to do it?"

"Yes." Ryan smiled at her. This was his first big break before it, he only had done smaller roles in some local advertising products.

"Won't you ask if it will be fake? Or real?"

"It doesn't make a difference to me, I want to put everything, I can in this opportunity."

"Okay, I hope you will amaze me. Good luck. Ryan!"

"Thank you."

(One month later)

Ryan gawked at Revika Singhania incredulously. She was well known and was once the highest-paid actress For playing the protagonist's role in some of the best tv-shows. She was dating one of her producers when her career fell from the track of success. It was reported that she was highly addicted to smoking from her breakup with that producer. After the breakup, she became invisible to the television world and was never seen on any tv show. So this will be her first show after her downfall. And he would be the one who is going to play the role of her love of life on tv. Ryan's black eyes dilated as he understood the seriousness of the situation and held his hand out for a handshake. While Revika's brown eyes peeked at him and just nodded her head with a smile. Ryan took his hand back embarrassingly and nodded.

Both of them were called for auditioning and analyzing their chemistry.

Ryan was amazed by her beautiful lips which were heart-shaped and lustrous. He didn't even remember how the hell the whole evening passed without him noticing. She was the kind of girl who was odd, imperfect yet more interesting. After the whole day of work, he returned to his small dorm room with a huge smile. His life was going to change and he knew it.

The show employed the competition of real personalities and dating format established by the CNT network. A 99 days series with various tasks and dates for couples. All the people will live together in a bungalow while doing challenges in the eyes of cameras. The contestants who will lose the task will be nominated from their choice of fellow contestants and the winners will be able to stay safe. The exit of any participant will depend on the audience watching it.

Ten men and seven women will compete in the show within the age group of 25 to 50 years. Out of 17 Contestants, 5 were unknown. The audience will be watching them for the first time on television or should I say will be noticing them for the first time. Out of those five contestants, Ryan was one of them. Each five of them have been assigned a different task.

The one with a large mustache was given the role of antagonist, who will create controversial situations, his name was Remo D'sSouza. The second one( Aryan Khanna) was given the role of a comedian. While the third one Aahan khan was given the role of creating a love triangle. The fourth one was a girl Riya Saxena who was asked to play the role of the one-sided lover. And the last one was Ryan Parker was the lover boy. Aahan khan will be the second male lead that will fall in love with Revika Singhania. While Riya Saxena will be seen to be in love with Remo Dsouza. Ryan was aware of non-celebrities terms of the contract, however, he wasn't aware of the contract of celebs. What mattered the most to Ryan was that he was paid handsomely if he can entertain people with his insight into his love story, he will be awarded by 10% raise in his salary. His starting salary was one lakh for one week.

(Two days later)

Ryan arrives In an auto-rickshaw and meets the sixteen contestants. He spends a few minutes talking with everyone and the last stood Revika. However, she didn't speak to him. They only gawked at each other, Ryan didn't new if Revika was faking it, or was she genuinely interested in him. He, however, was seriously immersed in her beautiful eyes. He felt a sudden tingle in his heart. It was weird since he was never attracted to anyone that much before. He never had a girlfriend and the reason was clear because he was probably too poor to think about his girlfriend. However, it wasn't like he was never approached before by any woman. But first, he wanted to go for his dreams.

Aahan beside Revika coughed to gain his attention when Suddenly Revika laughed and gave him her hand for a handshake. She had a big smile on her face when she said hello. Ryan felt his heart melting at her beautiful smile.

November 07, 2020 14:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.