2 comments

Christian Drama Inspirational

  Ann and I went to Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to watch " Holes" with the youth group. Natalie had dropped us off because she couldn't stay. Ann and I were wondering who will take us home. It was the year 2001.

       We just got done watching the movie, Ann and I were nervous because no one said they would take us home. So, we hid in the bathroom. The bathroom light was off when Stacie passed the bathroom. 

Stacie said," Ann! April!" Where did they go? I was going to take them home." 

Then they left. 

I said," They're gone." (Looking out the window in the bathroom).

We went out of the bathroom.

     We decided to tell our testimonies. Ann and I said our testimonies.

I stand up in front of the microphone and said," Hi, my name is April and I believe in God. I believe Jesus died for us. I believe in angels. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen." 

Then I got off the stage and Ann said her testimony.

After, we went in all the rooms of the church which it's big. We pretended to be teachers teaching kids about God. We draw and wrote on the chalkboard. At 11:00PM, 

Ann said,"Should we call Mom?" 

I said, "Yea". 

Ann called Debbie and told her that we're going to stay a little while more. She hanged up.

Then we went into a room with a basketball court. We got two balls and shoot it in the hoops. Ann had her own hoop and so did I. We started on the right side of the hoop and ended on the left side of the hoop. Then Ann shoot the ball backwards and she made it. I shoot the ball backwards and once or twice I made it. Then at 12:45AM, I asked Ann what time we should go home?

Ann said," I don't know". 

I said," Maybe at 1." 

Ann said," Okay."

      We left the church and went outside. We were also next to our old school, Percy Hudges Magnet School. 

Ann said," Okay, which way should we go? I think this way." 

We were on the south side. 

I said," Okay." 

I wasn't worried because if the southside was like the northside, people would be inside. Well, I was wearing 8 and a half boots but I take 7 and a half. 

      We walked by a college and all the students were going home. 

I was thinking: "What? This late at night or early in the morning?"       

Then we walked for at least a hour when my foot started to hurt. I could barely walked on them but force myself to. 

We became lost. In 30 minutes I had to take off my boots. I walked barefooted. We had to climbed a big hill. Climbing the hill was easy, going down was difficult. We must of walked for four hours by now. I didn't want to walk any more.

 I felt like we were going the wrong way but still I wasn't sure. 

I thought: "God, if we are going the wrong way than do something."     

Then the wind blew. The leaves and stuff were blowing the other way. 

I thought: "Are you telling me to turn around?"    

But I didn't, we just kept on walking. 

I thought: "I don't want to walk anymore. You know what, when I see someone, I am going to ask where Court street is."     

Guess what? At that moment, a lady was coming out of Pet Hospital. Did I asked her? No. 

Again I thought," Okay, this time I will ask them." 

A guy riding on the bike passed by. I didn't had the courage to ask. 

I thought," Okay, you know what, I will, I will ask the next person I see." 

We walked about 10 minutes when a man walked by and I did not ask. 

I thought:" April, stop being a chicken. Do you want to go home?" "Yes!" I said.

"Then asked someone" the voice answered.

  We walked 30 minutes more when I really, really could not walk anymore.

I saw a cop car parked in the driveway. 

I told myself: "Okay, here is the chance. You can asked him where to go.  

I can not do it. "

"Yes, you want to go home, right?" said the voice.

" Yes." I answer back.(Inside my head)

The voice said, "Then asked." 

"No" I yell. (Inside my head)

"Yes." it answered.

"No." I answered. (Inside my head)

It answered, "Yes!" 

"Fine!" I shouted.(Inside my head)   

I went back because I passed the cop car. 

I went up to the window and said," Hmm...." 

He said," Can I helped you with something?" 

I asked," Do you know where Court street is?" 

He said, " You need to go up the hill and you will be on Midler Ave. Then you have to..." 

I sort of drifted off.

        I told Ann we need to go to Midler Ave. We went up the hill. It was almost daylight now. I'm happy that it was summer. Then we took a different street. Then we got on Butternut street and we kept on going down. By now the sun was out. While I was walking, a man asked me if I was okay. I just nodded. 

He asked," Are you sure?" 

I said," Yea." (I nodded again)

       Lodi street we were on now. We walked to Court street (Debbie's apt) and knocked on the door. Debbie let us in. I looked at the clock and it was 7:05AM.

      I showed Debbie my foot. There was a big blister on the bottom of my foot. 

Debbie said," Go soak it in the in warm water."

     So, I went in the bathroom and soaked my foot. The blister popped but it didn't hurt. I took my foot out. Some days went by and my foot healed.

      A lesson to be learned. Never wear boots that is too big and God has patience with me.

April 10, 2021 03:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Pen Holder
04:28 May 23, 2021

Lol. What a funny and wonderful story in your life. God is really patient =)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ann Tillinghast
04:16 Apr 10, 2021

I remember that 😂

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.