0 comments

Creative Nonfiction Historical Fiction

  A man walks up to the museum door to grab his ticket. He thanks the man that gave him the ticket, then walks through the door. He heard scuffing of shoes scrapping the floor, the smell of wax from the statues of history. He walks around noticing things of Babe Ruth to things of World War 1. Different types of history in one place that happened through the years.

    He walked around to notice a hall to his left, hearing the sound of voices echoing down it. He went down the hall, getting closer to the voices to see a group of people gathered around a young woman that seems to be the tour-guide. The tour-guide was standing in front of a glass box that held a statue of Adolf Hitler, with the Nazi flag, as well as pictures of the Jews in World War 2. The pictures showed Jews wearing the yellow star on their shirt, them at the concentration camp, men in their Nazi uniforms, holding their guns to people. He turns his head back to the group to notice a woman not too far from them.

   She was 5'5 in height, hourglass-build, black-straight hair, with a leather jacket, knee-high boots, and a navy blue shirt. He walks toward her, but keeps a safe distance, and looks back to the group. "It is crazy how one man can change the world." The man jerks his head toward the woman, "Excuse me," he questioned. The woman steps closer to him, "That man, Adolf Hitler, he was from a poor family, yet he became one of the most powerful men in history, who caused much destruction to be known in history," She told him, while she looks toward the crowd.

  He thought for a minute before speaking, "That is what happens with people who have a twisted mind-set, with disruptive thoughts. Hitler could make anyone follow him, with just the way his spoke." At this point their bodies were turned towards each other. "My name is Luna by the way," she told him as she took in his 6'3 frame, well-toned body, with his black hair and green eyes, wearing a black V-neck shirt, and black biker boots. "Xander," he told her as they shook hands.

   "You know, in a way I understand why he was like that. He was abused by his father, and his mom died when he was just a young boy," she told him. "That is still no excuse to be a dick, and kill people," Xander explained. Luna laughed in amusement, "No, but it still is understandable that it was part of the reason that he became the way he was." They stayed quiet for a few minutes before Xander said something, "You know he wanted to be a famous painter, but his father thought that it was a ridiculous dream.

   "He still did it though, even went to school for it, but no one cared for his paintings. I believe that is what caused him to snap, he gave up on the last things that seemed to give him a different out-look on people," Xander told Luna as they attempted to listen to the tour-guide. "Was it the professor that taught Hitler in college, that gave him that idea to get rid of the Jews?" Luna asked Xander. "It was, he believed in th way Hitler did, that Germans were a pure race, and that Jews were less than them, that they were germs to get rid of, that if people could find a way to rid of any race beside the Germans, they could make them stronger, healthier to fight," he told her. Luna took a moment to let that sink in, "That is crazy to think about. To have that advice from a teacher that is supposed to make a difference in the world," Luna thought out loud. Xander shrugged at what she said. 

    "Not really, even teachers have bad thoughts like everyone else, some just believe those thoughts are good to have," Xander told Luna, not knowing the tour-guide was listening to them talk. "Would you too like to join us?" the tour-guide asked Xander and Luna. They look at each other in question before agreeing to join. They sat beside each other, as the tour-guide went back to where she was in her story. "Now where was I, oh yes, Hitler believed the Jews caused the Germans to be weak, that the Jews were after the world. He decided that to make a stronger German, was to kill anyone, especially the Jews to extension. 

  "The beginning of 1941, he made every Jew wear a yellow star on their shirt to show others who they are, which caused them to be easy targets. In June of 1941, experiments started with killing methods, causing it to bring Jews to the concentration camps, which started the Holocaust. Anyone sick, old, weak, and very young died at the camps. People would risk their lives hiding Jews in their house. In 1942 of summer and fall, 300,000 people died that year." "That is just awful to have to go through," someone to Xander's right said.

  "No, it was not just awful, it was barbaric. He did not just shoot the Jews, and be done with it. He would shave their heads, make them wear stripped pajamas with their stars on the shirt, keep them barefooted even in the cold, and made them sleep on stone "beds". If they died during the night, Nazi soldiers would keep the body there till morning, and throw the body in a pile of other dead bodies. The Jews had to use the bathroom in a bucket, and dump it out themselves. 

  "They had to walk in the cold to get water, or anything else that they needed to survive, and do chores that the soldier's gave them. Any Jew that got sick, or even hurt, the soldiers did not care. They would shoot the Jew right then and there. The soldiers thought of them as cattle, once they were done with the Jews, the guard watching them would take them, and put them in a boxed room to kill them with poisoned gas, letting Jews drop like flies." After Xander stopped for a moment to collect his thoughts, he glanced around to see the others have horror and disgust on their faces. 

   He was not even done yet, "Hitler, himself, would experiment on them, like they were his own guinea pigs, to see if they could work with other body parts. Hitler was not just cruel, he was an animal, an intelligent one at that," Xander finished out his story knowing others could not handle the rest. Some people do not realize how bad history can get, it can get barbaric, dark, and suffocating. If you cannot handle it, the world will crush you.

February 13, 2021 03:56

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.