A Jogger and His Routine

Written in response to: Start your story with one or two characters going for a run.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Mystery Suspense

Can we finally start now? I guess after this long, we finally can. It took us awhile but here we are and now, you want to know my story. Where to begin? Now, that's a good question. Hmmm...

I guess the beginning is that obvious. But not too far from the beginning. Let's see; where to start? How about...oh, I got it. Okay, here we go...

Picture this: It was a quiet autumn day when I went out for a regular jog. The roads I took were off by woodlands and people's backyards found in quite some distances. The trees were all naked while the leaves were all scattered around in different colors. Everything was silence considerable I just passed a neighbor who owned five dogs a moment ago. There was a daushound, beagle, dalmatian, gold retriever and a black lab within those five beautiful dogs. Which reminds me. Note to self: would be needing to get a pet for the kids this coming Christmas.

Anyways, for the longest time that I could remember, I've been taking this path ever since I was a little boy. I've always been a jogger especially when I was younger. I thank my uncle Ron for that. He and I used to run all the time whenever he was going out for a jog back in the day. Once a jogger, always a jogger. My wife can certainly vouch for that. There were the moments I go jogging for a long period of time; some of those were at least three hours. My wife, one day, jokingly consider me on trying on the marathon with all the running I do. I told her back then that I just hike for fun and not for sport. Jogging was one of those things that helped cleared my mind just like one does with other activities.

You are probably wondering to yourself if I have even a job at all considering I jog all the time. The answer to that is I most definitely do. It's a remote job, mind ya. My dear wife works from 9 to 5 in a well-paying job as a special ed teacher, while I am a stay in home father. Don't worry yourselves, my wife is with the kids right now as we speak so please re-framed from calling anyone on us. We are very attentive and protective for our kiddos.

My wife and I are hardworking people as you can imagine. Our kids, Beverly and Logan, are as healthy as they can be. Both kids are twins and can be a handful at times, but nevertheless they are our little miracles and a real blessing. Very well behaved and mannered only when they want to be. After all that's kids for ya.

Dorla, my wife, and I have been told enormous times that we couldn't bear any children when we were trying. However, luck came to us years later when we found out we were pregnant after our 5 year anniversary. We were absolute stocked about it of course. It was a dream come true for the both of us for we both wanted this for the longest time. And when we got words were were having twins, we were both nervous yet anxious during that time of period.

Our Beverly came first and two minutes later, Logan was there with his sister. They showed no signs of illness or any health conditions. The two have been the healthiest they can be since birth. Couldn't ask for anything else really after that moment.

Beverly and Logan are now five years old as we speak. The two of them got a knack for reading and spelling all thanks to Dorla and her teaching skills. Meanwhile the kids were into cooking and baking considering I often make meals for us either when Mommy works and/or when she is home.

Life with the family is perfect as much as I would want to be. I literally have nothing to complain otherwise. As I thought about my family while jogging, I thought to myself mentally. One of these days, we should all jog today on mom's day off. I'm sure the kids will love that. Dorka not so much but she'll bring her bike just in case she needs it. My wife don't have legs of steel such as myself. In fact, Beverly and Logan just the other day asked if they could jog with daddy, and I remember telling them one day, they will. Once I get home, I will make a promise to them to do it very soon. Maybe sometime next week considering it's almost the Halloween weekend. But right now, I need to get myself some water. So let me fill up my bottle first. Luckily I know the spot to get some. Gonna stay hydrated after all, water is the best friend for that.

I stopped by a nearby pavilion and filled up the water with my bottle to the rim. This bottle has been throughout the years. It was handed to me by my uncle Ron when I started to jog with him. He unfortunately passed away just recently. Three years to be exact.

Anyways...after that refill, I resumed my jog and head back the way home. The sun was beginning to set so I decided to take the shortcuts instead of my regular routine. I won't want Dorla to worry at all. Thankfully I got my phone by my side where I left-

Oh shot, silly me. I forget my blasted phone. Man, if I didn't have a head, I would lose it myself hahaha. Going to be hearing it from my wife ince I get now. "You should always have your phone, keys and wallet on you at all times. It's common sense, Arthur, you silly goose". I'm sure everything is fine by the house though. I shall be there momentarily for today was only a two miles jog anyways.

Word of advice though and I mean this to you, the reader, too: do not ever leave your phone behind, especially with what's going to happen to me in a

short bit.

February 01, 2024 02:00

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.