A New World Order.

Submitted into Contest #55 in response to: Write a story about a meeting of a secret society.... view prompt

0 comments

Mystery

The driver turned-off the Car's headlight after reaching the entrance. The gate was closed and it was completely dark. The gate protected the entrance of an old and abandoned mansion. There was no streetlight and thus it was pitch dark with an occasional chirping of crickets.

The driver then open the glove box and took out a strong flash-light from that. He turned it on and search for the receiver in the darkness. After finding it, he turned it off.

He remembered the passcode that was written on the invitation letter with invisible ink. He was able to retrieve that passcode by placing that paper above the flame of lighter. The passcode popped up and it was one word with two alphabets.

He once again turned on the flashlight and then quickly turned it off after a count of one for a dot in morse code. He repeated that same process to complete two dots in morse code to represent 'I' and after that, he turned it on for a count of three and then turned it off for a dash and after that a dot to represent 'N'.

The passcode matched and the gate opened. Harry took a deep breath and let it out from his body along with nervousness. He observed that mansion and thought about the reason for selecting this place for a meeting.

In the broad daylight, no one would give a second look to this dilapidated mansion but only a few knew that the decisions taken in that basement dictates in which the direction the world progress.

Some of the most influential personalities met every six months to discuss the impending issues.

Their only agenda was to shape the world in accordance with their vision. They were powerful, influential, well-placed, and charming. They took decisions and had enough power to implement those decisions throughout the world. Their backbone was the money they possessed.

Harry entered the basement and all of them were gathered around an oval-shaped mahogany-oak table. All of them were staring at the screen in front of them which highlighted the meeting agendas.

Harry was late and he inferred that from not seeing a single empty chair. He took his place and made a mental note by glancing at the face of everyone around the table.

The people around that table were in possession of around 36% of the wealth of the world. They were oil-tycoons, media-moguls, charming political figures, or in possession of influential positions of power.

The only thing that provided solace to Harry was that the meeting was scheduled to start at midnight and there was still 7 minutes to midnight.

He took his designated chair and they all waited in silence, typing in the screen the points that they wanted to highlight. Harry hurried up that process after glancing over the points and completed just a minute before the beginning.

The head of this group, "Liberal: The New Masons of A New World Order. " (LiThAl) Stood up from his chair to shouted at the top of his voice for about 18 seconds. The group surrounding the table continued that ritual for about 30 seconds with variation in the decibel level.

The secretness of this meeting can be questioned but the high tech used in that room was yet to be introduced to the world to ponder. That tech can absorb the sound of even a lower-pitched buzzing sound of male mosquito just enjoying the view but unable to bite.

So, the meeting was secret but the conduct in there was not so much of a secret. All were free to raise and argue their points whenever they want to and however, loud they want to.

The head of the meeting took the seat and said, "Shall we begin?"

All of those 27 members replied yes in unison.

"The First order of Business is the continuation of the social media giant in the election manipulation. We are investing 180 Billion in that tech giant to take down any right-wing content that pollutes the mind of the population with traditional ideology. I don't want a fanatic with a gun protecting his neighborhood when guys on our payroll want to vandalize and push the narrative that we want.

Do you want a fanatic with a gun?", he asked them at the top of his voice.

All smiled expect Harry as he was unsure of this and it was his job to disagree.

One of them replied, "We already have enough of that unleashed in India to put forward the narrative of terrorism to push the sale of our ammunition. Why do we need that in our nation?"

All laughed with hidden pride for the success of their age-old mission.

"Okay, then that is the Go-Ahead for social media as you don't have any doubt. Let's hear from Harry." said the Head.

All eyes turned towards Harry. The Harvard educated top-notch Lawyer and currently a senior advisor for policy to President. His job was to disagree with the group when there is a majority on any decision and find the flaws in the decision reached by the majority.

He was always given minutes to poke into decisions and find the flaws. His wit always helped him and he always came through with one or many flaws. 

Harry said: "If you back the tech-giant with your investment openly written with bold numbers in their books can attract unwanted attention. It is better that we start our own company and invest as much as in it with the sole purpose of curating the right-wing content in the guise of a new social media.

We will make it popular with our bots and the Herd Mentality will do the rest. After some months of its peak, that tech giant will automatically be lured to buy our small yet popular platform.

We will let it take over and with that a condition to let the code stay as it is, hidden from the public eye. It will do our work until the election is over. "

Few had doubts but Harry tackled it easily. The meeting continued and many decisions were made and then altered and then again agreed upon till the end of the meeting.

Meeting concluded with the same high pitched shouting by the head of the meeting followed by the other members of that meeting.

All were taken to there cabin and they started to undress.

Harry undressed and that clothes were burned to ashes as soon as he placed it in the burner. He stood beneath the shower in that cabin. His naked body was bombarded with cold water from all sides. He opened his mouths and a water jet cleared ensured that nothing was inside his mouth that can carry the information of this meeting.

It was the formal process and everybody has to go through it, even the head of this LiThAl Group.

Harry's new suit was waiting in the dressing room. He had to walk from that cabin to the dressing room to ensure that X-ray verifies that there is nothing to hide.

His car was waiting in the parking and as soon as he reached the exit point as Neuralyzer blinked and took the memory of the last seven hours of that meeting.

This was the procedure of the secret meeting to ensure that the meeting really stays secret.

The decision was made and now it was up to enforcer to act on that decision. The performance of enforcers would be displayed in the next meeting and the decision-makers never ever let enforcers know the whole game. The work of enforcers would be limited to implement those decisions without question.

It was truly a high-risk and effective operation that the LiThAl Group carried out but the irony was that they were the rulers of the world only in that meeting and outside the world, they only facilitate the enforcer to see their decision manifest some result in their favor. All they knew that they are part of some highly-influential group and they meet every six months.

A True Secret World Hidden even from their Creator and Controller.

August 19, 2020 08:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.