0 comments

Inspirational Friendship Kids

The sun was about to take its glimpse into the world, and the rest of the world was waiting. In an old house near a lake, Anna and Jay are seated on the terrace waiting to meet the sun when it rises, and in their moment of waiting, they conversed about how amazing the world is, with all its undeniably spectacular creations. 


"The world has its beauty, and it can be seen and appreciated anytime and anywhere you are," Jay initiates the conversation with a big smile on his face. Anna heard what Jay has said, but she first paused and appreciated the sun's bright, shimmering beauty as it rises. All the field embraced the rays of the sun as if it was their coat on a winter day. Everything feels warm, and all things get brighter as the sun keeps on advancing. "There was no time that I never love and enjoyed the aesthetic of these wonderful creations," she replied while pointing to the sun, to the calm lake, to the hilly mountains, and to the bed of flowers in the garden their Lola created. 


"Nature has something sensational, and it will always be their nature - to brighten up the world and its people by providing them the light of hope when they first open their eyes in a blessed morning. Am I right?" Jay asked, expecting that Anna would agree with his idea. The scenery was the perfect painting God has created. Almost all things were present at that moment, a simple life, innocent human beings, a calming therapeutic lake, a great mountain, birds flying, and exquisite blades of grass and charming, ambrosial flowers. 


"Yes, you are right. If only I could pause this moment and live with it forever, I would undoubtedly have done it before," Anna replied and started to paint a sad expression on her face. "It just that life is not always all about these things and moments, that it also has bumpy roads, furious waves of the sea, weeping dark clouds, and worst a landslide on the mountains," Anna continued as she reflects on the real definition of life. The ambiance started to have a deep color of realizations and sincere emotions. Jay drew an apparent agreed-to-her-statement face and glanced at his watch and realized that it was already time for breakfast. 


"Come down here now, beautiful kiddos, and it's time for a morning feast and a time to thank the Lord," their Lola shouted with a light voice to her grandchildren. Anna and Jay both quickly came down to have breakfast. In the table served several fruits fresh from their garden, a plate of bread bought from the nearest bakeshop, and cups of chocolatey coffees. They both rushed to the table and prepared themselves for prayer. Their Lola started the prayer with a cathedral silence and chanted her thanks to the Lord gratefully. When the prayer ended, Anna and Jay enjoyed the feast, and their happiness was evident in their innocent faces.


After breakfast, the two children went to water the plants in their garden in which they often do daily. "If only Mom and Dad were still here, we could have done this thing together, just like before," Anna wistfully said, reminiscing their parents when they were still alive. In one in a million tragedies, the parents flew to another country to give their children a bright future, but unfortunately, the plane they rode crashed, together with the promises they wish for their children to have. All passengers were reported dead in that heart-breaking, adverse event. The situation was depressing and devastating, and that is the reason why the two children need to stay in their Grandmother's care in the province. 


When remembering something from the past opens the wound of pain and suffering. It awakens the dead tears and promises that brought grave weepings and ruthless experiences. The emotions felt by Anna were reciprocated by the heavens, and the sunny morning swiftly changes its mood, and it seemed like it understood the pain the two children have had experienced. The clouds started to go dark, and the wind piped a cold breeze, the skies began to cry with enormous droplets of water. They both hurried to go inside the house to have shelter. 


It took 6 hours after it calmed. The heavens started to display a clear sky. It was an unexpected episode, but just like what Anna said, it is not always sunrise because sometimes there would be rainy days as well. The sun was back to its place, but shining in a shy light. It was already 5:00 in the afternoon, and the sun was slowly making its exit to end the day, sunset. As they are seated back on the terrace, Jay's face shows a melancholic portrait. 


 "Mom and Dad were like our two guiding lights in our lives that guide us to have a better fate, and if they are still here with us, I am sure we are going to be happy and live a blissful life," Jay said with hope in his eyes wishing it to happen. "There's nothing we can do to change the past, and all we need to do is remind ourselves that Mom and Dad are in heaven already watching us up there, and I need you to remember always that I am here for you all the time, you'll be my light, and I'll be yours, too." Anna encouragingly replied. "Look at the moon! Jay! It is on its way to see us!" Anna shouted delightfully. The moon was ready to reveal itself in the center of the lake to give light to the dark place and expose the beauty of the lake in the night together with its illuminating light. When the moon was about to rise, the water in the lake was eager to embrace its brilliant light. After the moon's light reflected in the water, the landscape became a masterpiece, and it looks similar to one of Van Gogh's works of art. The night was enchanting, and just by looking at it, calm and tranquility were present at that moment. 


Even at sunrise, many things will happen that you never foresaw, but everything has its space and time to regain and be calm again. Tomorrow is still unknown and will always remain a dark place, but one thing is sure, the sun will still be there to grant the light of faith, hope, and optimism when it rains. During the night, the moon will always be there to provide light in the darkness you hid in your heart and mind. Although not all days are sunny, rainy days will remind the heart and mind that life has two-phases light. One will show up in the morning, and the other will meet you in the evening. Whatever tomorrow will be or looked like, the two guardians of life will never stop reminding that no matter how dark the world is, there will always be light after it.



November 15, 2020 16:23

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.