MY MOM'S HANDS

Written in response to: Write a story told from the point of view of an animal.... view prompt

0 comments

Crime Black Mystery

MY MOM’S HANDS

Here I’m, I’m BIGIO, also affectionately called BIGIETTO ( Little BIGIO), because as much as my hair ( fur) is called gray, it is not really gray but rather BLUE-GRAY, or gray with a veil of blue. Just a veil, eh, but which is enough to make me anything but a gray cat or…..a BIGIO. Who knows why my mom called me Bigio…..Ah she, my mum, whose name is Luce, is truly a love! She is the best mum a cat can have. She cuddles me, she feeds me, she plays with me….and she listens to me. She is very attentive to my requests. There isn’t a need or even a whim of mine that she doesn’t take the trouble to satisfy. Unfortunately my mom, so receptive when I say to her something about me, and when I ask her something for me, she doesn’t understand….A FUCK _____I use this expression even if I don’t know what the word FUCK means because I hear it used usually by women and also men, and so ( so that) I’m able to understand the meaning of it. I think this expression is used to say that someone doesn’t understand anything___ when I try to give her advice about her life, when I warn her against scams and dangers. Now you mustn’t think that my mom ( mother) is stupid ( silly)…oh, no, far from it, she is indeed an intelligent and sensible person ( woman). The trouble is that she is so completely helpless in the face ( in front) of the wickedness of the people among whom she lives, above all those who are dear to her.

Oh, yes, she is just a poor chicken, a little poor wet chicken my mum…..Now, for example, she inherited…..Oh, I really couldn’t tell (say) you the amount of the money she inherited ____I don’t understand anything about NUMBERS….eh, I have no logic, you humans will say…eh…and I understand even less with MONEY_____ but, in short, my mom inherited a….nice loot from an old aunt of her mother ___oh, my mom almost didn’t even know her, grand-aunt Palmira___

So I hear all these people say and, even more, I see it___the big loot inherited by my mom ___from the enlarged ( widened) faces, with dilated EYES, they all ( all these people)do when they talk about it. Oh, they all ( all these people) say ( tell) that she, my mum, happened a big stroke of very good luck…..that ( which) must be like when I happen to eat A WHOLE PIGEON! Ha, better when I got the animal by myself, but even a roasted or jugged pigeon cooked by my mum is anything but bad.

So now all people say that my mum had a lot of luck….Ah, there are also those who say that she has had a….BIG ASS, yes, just like this, and this is an expression that I understand….even if it is impossible for me, that ( since) I’m a cat to understand WHY ( but why) you humans associate LUCK with ASS ( your ass)? Tell me: what does luck have to do with ass? LUCK has to do with happiness and unhappiness, with health and sickness, with life and death…oh, but you think of your ass! ( but it makes you think of your ass). All right, I can say that my mom has (had) a great nice pigeon…. A PIGEON beautiful and good to eat but….very difficult to pluck. Now my mom, poor chicken that she is, doesn’t notice that the people around her, relatives and friends, have taken to threaten her so affectionately, and lavishing praise on her____ yes, that’s right, even those who used to criticize her hardly ___since her with her great-aunt inheritance has become a rich woman. That is, she cannot but be aware of the change in everyone around her, who from one day to the next all have become kind, affectionate, sensible ….and caring too from being indifferent and even worse, even hostile towards her. But she, my mom Luce, from that true naïve or poor wet chick that she is, doesn’t realize, or doesn’t want to realize that their change of attitude toward her….does not bode well ( does not promise anything good) She should get ready to parry bad blows, she should beware of all these people who seemed to love her so much. And instead she, poor thing, is all pleased, all happy….But you see, she said, they all are happy for me, for the luck I’ve had. My mother, poor sweetheart ( poor woman), she doesn’t know, she doesn’t suspect the dangerous situation in which she had come to be. And she certainly doesn’t suspect, poor mom, that the people ( the guys)who are most treacherous and also most dangerous for her are the people she loves more: her husband Karl and her friend Charlotte. Oh, I instead realized, since I’m a very smart cat and I care a lot about my mom, that those two ( Karl and Charlotte) , jointly, have….projects ( plans) about my mom which…eh…won’t let me rest, that also disturb my sleep. I saw HOW those two look at my mother ( mom) when she cannot see them , and the look ( glance) then they give each other, that look that says: all right( but yes) we’re understood…but Okay, we agree…

And I know that their understanding, their agreement concerns ( regard)….TRICK they will play on my mom. Oh, yes,  these looks of theirs would be enough to give me the certainty that they, Karl and Charlotte, are planning something ….against my mom! But there is also more. I listened to their conversations when my mom wasn’t there, when she wasn’t even at home. Now, all right, I agree that as a cat I cannot understand all the words that you humans say when you speak. Although I can understand perfectly some words as MOM, home….dog! meat…mouse! Pigeon! ….and water….milk…and ass… But I assure you that if a cat doesn’t understand what one of you humans is saying,___ and I mean to understand the gist or the content of what a guy is saying, ___is because either he is not listening or he ( the cat) is not interested in your chatter….and in this case the cat, after a while, gives a huge yawn with his mouth so wide open that….looks like a whale!

But therefore I heard those two speaking( talking) and sure, how if I understood the meaning or content of their speeches! I even understood some words and fragments of the sentences they said : “ THE IDIOT, ah…she is a poor fool…a crazy woman, we can play it as we please…”

“ Yes, she, poor fool believes…the loot we leave it up to her….”   “ We need to find a way not to arouse suspicions….we need to make sure she trusts us…”  “ Oh, but she trusts us, as dumb as she was!”    “ Ah, I mean that we have to be careful so that SUSPICIONS don’t fall on us …AFTER HAVING TAKEN HER OUT OF THE WAY”

Oh, and the looks of murderous understandings between THOSE TWO while they were talking…and how satisfied they laughed! And how they shook hands, and embraced, kissed passionately……I listened, with my heart pounding and I wanted to start screaming….ah,

I’m sure THOSE TWO want to kill my mom to take over what she inherited.

I’m trying to make my mother understand what those two are plotting against her, I’m trying hard to get it to her. I perform crazy, strenuous performances that leave me exhausted __how to make the DARK EYE and meowing to gasp. But nothing, she doesn’t seem to understand the danger she is running. Oh, MY MOM! Her life is in danger and she can’t understand ( realize) it! I know it and I’m trying desperately to make her understand it, to warn her, but I don’t succeed in it! Oh Mom! How much I would like someone could help me to save my mother from the adverse fate she faces, completely unaware of what is about to happen to her! My mom is a good and kind soul who can’t even believe human wickedness. So she can’t even remotely suspect that the people she loved most in the world are, in all tranquility, planning to kill her.

With her, of course, the two….delinquents are all snickers, attention, compliments, filtrations….They have even started to give her presents. My mother, the poor chicken, is in a soup of jujubes, she dotes more than ever for her beloved Karl and for her dearest friend Charlotte. Oh, my wrists are trembling, so you would say since you have the wrists….I, with my heart in my throat, ah….I’m expecting to find my mom dead at any moment, so I try to stay ( to be) always with her. Even if I don’t know what I’ll able to do when…they’ll shoot her or stab her, or strangle her…..But, yes, maybe instead that the two bad people will make it so that my mom falls victim to an accident, so no one will even suspect that it was a murder.

My mother ( mom)is very busy putting her and her husband’s clothes and clothing into big suitcases. There is often also Charlotte to help her to pack her bags. I heard they, talking, saying the names of cities : Paris, London, Rome….I heard them saying often : EUROPE in phrases like this : “ …. because, you know, in Europe the food is very good….” “ There are wonderful churches in Europe” So it seems to me to understand that my mom is going to leave on a trip to Europe together with Karl and Charlotte. Oh, I hope she will take me with her.

++++

My mom left for Europe this morning with….those two. I don’t know when she’ll be back, and I have a bad feeling. She did not take me with her. She left me at home with a nanny, Juliette, who is a lovable girl, but she is not my mom.

+++

I don’t know how much time has passed since I’m not able to measure time as you do in days, months, or years….When I waited for my mom to come back it seemed to me that it had been a long time since she left. Now that they two, Karl and Charlotte came back but she, my mom, didn’t come back, it seems to me that a little time has passed since she left. They, Karl and Charlotte told me my mother is missing, but perhaps she maybe will return one day. I feel, I know she will never come back.

Now Juliette still takes care of me. She is a lovely nanny who pampers me so much and so lovingly, but she is not MY MOM. She does not have my mom’s hands. I miss my mom’s hands so much, her smell, and her voice.

 

December 17, 2022 01:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.