17 comments

Coming of Age Drama Romance

On one frosty night in January there was a handsome young man whose name was Jim and who was roaming in the streets of Mall Road. He seemed to be a well-groomed gentle man. His hair was sleek and shinning and he wore side burns. He had thin mustache. He wore a brown overcoat with a cream colored half opened rose in his button hole. A white silk scarf was knotted at his neck. One of his hands was in a pocket and in the other hand he was holding a cigar. When everyone was shivering from the cold and freezing air of that night that guy was enjoying the weather in his jollifications. He seemed to be from a rich family and was living a lavish lifestyle. After sometime he was going back from that place in his lumbering shiny car he saw an exceptionally beautiful girl whose name was Scarlet and who was coming back from her job and waiting for a taxi. She was wearing a simple decent dress and seemed to be from a mediocre family. Jim found her so attractive and charming. He was impressed by her innocence and decent style of dressing. He offered her a lift but firstly she refused him and told him that she would like to go by herself. But when he insisted her so much then she agreed and she took a lift in his car. In their entire small journey from mall road to Scarlet‘s home he was trying to be frank with her and asked her so many questions but she was giving him answers in a short way. When her home came and she was about to leave the car Jim asked her to meet again in any restaurant or café. She agreed and asked him to give her his number so she could call him and tell him about their next meeting. Jim gave his number to her and was anxiously waiting for her call. After some days she called him and asked him to meet in a restaurant on Mall Road where they met for the first time. Jim was extremely happy and waiting anxiously for the day of meeting. Finally, when the day came and he saw Scarlet, she seemed more attractive and prettier than at their first meeting. After some of their meetings they became good friends and at one point Jim realized that he was in love with Scarlet. She was also in the same feeling of love with Jim. One day when they were sitting at a café and enjoying a delicious food. An orchestra was playing behind them and they were enjoying the music. Jim proposed Scarlet and she agreed to marry him. After sometime they both get married and started living a good and amazing life. They used to go on tours and enjoying their life by celebrating even their smaller and special moments. They spend almost all of their time together. After one year of their healthy and closed relationship they welcomed an innocent newborn baby. Before the birth of their son the whole attention of Jim was for Scarlet and she was used to the concern and center of attention of her husband. But after the birth of their son Jim was giving more attention to his son. After seeing her husband more attention towards her child Scarlet was going into the post-partum depression and she felt herself worthless and unimportant. She started taking anti-depressants to relieve herself from this situation. She started behaving awkwardly and weirdly at certain times. She was neglected her child and husband. Jim did not know about her condition and he did not realize her abnormal behavior. At first he seems it normal but after sometime he realized that she is behaving abnormally and awkwardly. Jim was really upset and worried because of her abnormal behavior. He did not recognize that what happened to her and what was the reason behind her behavior. He asked her about the problem but she never discussed it with him and from that day they used to fight every day. Jim started to think that scarlet was in another extra-marital affair so that’s why she was not giving attention to him and his child. They both were so depressed and did not recognize their actual problem. They fight almost every day. Their fight became bigger day by day and their relationship got worse by worse. After some days, their fight became so big that they decided to be separated. In the whole of this worse situation their son was neglected so much, but they did not care about their child and got divorced. They both were really sad after their separation. After some time of their divorce, one day Jim phone rang and there was a call of his friend Paul and told Jim that his wife was pregnant. He asked to Jim that he was out of city and his wife needs to go to a hospital for her delivery. Paul wanted a favor from Jim by taking his wife to hospital and he took his friend’s wife to a hospital. The doctor checked her and told Jim to take care of her wife after delivery because women usually go into a post-partum depression and she is already dealing with one of her patients who was in a mental hospital. Jim said to the doctor that she was not his wife but he insisted her to take him to the mental hospital because he wanted to see the patient. Firstly doctor did not agree and said that she did not want an unknown man to see her patient. But when he insisted her she agreed and they went to see the patient. When he saw the patient, she was not someone else but his ex-wife. After seeing his ex-wife in the mental hospital, he realized that she was in post-partum depression and he did not realize it. He came back home after seeing his ex-wife in a hospital and he was really upset but he couldn’t do anything now.

January 12, 2021 14:56

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

17 comments

Nauman Hamid
17:57 Jan 24, 2021

Amazing themes and interesting plot. Great job done!!

Reply

Fiza Ilyas
18:20 Jan 24, 2021

Thank you!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Rimsha Azeem
09:23 Jan 25, 2021

Nice story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hina Ijaz
12:45 Jan 24, 2021

What a story!!!🙌

Reply

Fiza Ilyas
18:20 Jan 24, 2021

Thank you🌸

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Hajra Farooq
18:36 Jan 22, 2021

Loved the story! That was one hell of an emotional ride. Keep the stories coming🌸

Reply

Fiza Ilyas
11:28 Jan 24, 2021

Thank you🌸

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
15:37 Jan 22, 2021

All is written well. All the elements of plots are explained.

Reply

Fiza Ilyas
11:28 Jan 24, 2021

Thank you!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Waqas Shah
15:02 Jan 22, 2021

Amazing 👌

Reply

Fiza Ilyas
11:27 Jan 24, 2021

thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Rida Fatima
14:37 Jan 22, 2021

The perfect one.❤

Reply

Fiza Ilyas
11:27 Jan 24, 2021

Thank you❤️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Saniya Khakwany
14:24 Jan 22, 2021

I really liked the plot👍

Reply

Fiza Ilyas
11:27 Jan 24, 2021

Thank you😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ali Raza
14:23 Jan 22, 2021

Enjoyed reading.

Reply

Fiza Ilyas
11:27 Jan 24, 2021

Thank you!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.