Birthday Party(A Clowns Lament)

Submitted into Contest #1 in response to: Write a story about a birthday party with a major plot twist.... view prompt

1 comment

General

“Isn’t it weird to you? All of the colorful balloons, the table with gifts stacked one upon another, the lingering smell of cake and water balloons, all of the little children running around laughing, playing without a care in the world. Doesn’t it feel odd? Why do we do whatever we can to make them smile? I don’t think I like that, no im curious. I don’t understand it. Little boys little girls, they all act as if there isn’t a care in the world… Why don’t they see the reality? Why do we hide it from them? I'm so ...curious.Five year olds Six year olds… what's so special about them? I entertain the children I make them happy with my dancing and balloons but… for what?” A woman with dark hair who appeared to be in her mid thirties stood up from a table and walked outside. She announced to all the children and told them it’s time for cake. About 15 children ran inside smiling and jumping. A little girl with two blonde ponytails ran into my legs “im sorry” she laughed. I just stared and smiled. She skipped along to join the other children. I watched as all of the children began to sing to a little boy with black hair. Afterwards the boy began to open presents. I walked up to one of the small children and asked if he could help me carry a really heavy present in. “sure” he replied and followed me out to my black suv. I walked behind the child opened the door and shoved him in. I then quickly got into the front of my car and drove off. The boy started crying i could see his curly orange hair in the rear view mirror. “This is reality” I told him, “life is not happy and people get hurt” I continued. The child continued to cry and sat back in his seat. “Children are small adults, miniature people who grow up and change and hurt people!” I screamed at the child. I removed my rubber nose. “What’s the point of children if they only grow up to make others miserable, to make me miserable?” I thought to myself. “There IS no point” I arrived to an abandoned  storage unit. I dragged the child in and locked him inside one of the many locked cages that leaked a putrid odor. “This world will do without anymore people there is too much poverty, there are too many people polluting our lack of water, there are too many people so the food is made fake to feed us all, there are too many power hungry and money hungry savages in this world,there is too much pollution in the that causes our world to be unsafe, and there are too many children in which we keep adding on to our problems and this is why I must rid you off of this earth” I explained to the child as I closed and locked the heavy sliding door.

August 05, 2019 19:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Jayla Armstrong
19:32 Aug 05, 2019

When I created this story I wanted it to immediately catch people's attention(hence the name). I made the main character a clown because not only did it match the theme, but people would think well is this happy or scary because most people are scared of clowns while others aren't I then made the clown look as though he were crazy, but with good intentions. I did this because as people read they already have a sort of expectation based on their view on clowns,(a happy story or a scary story). Well as I created this my intention was to make t...

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.