Touched by a deadly love

Submitted into Contest #60 in response to: Write a post-apocalyptic romance.... view prompt

0 comments

Fantasy Drama Creative Nonfiction

Scarper through the night; a single Lady is mistaken as a mysterious enemy she is worn in her dress almost like a corpse’s bride look. She is running away in the dead of the night, what lies between the dark stormy grounds as the earth begins to shake, she becomes a lost soul as the earth takes her down. Underneath the cold ground there is a party going on a party of death, lost souls who died years ago are all partying in there forbidden forest.

This young single lady cries as her look intrigues the surgeon corpse he has never seen anything far more beautiful her heart is still beating but yet she feels death upon her and her soul.

But the others he must not tell the others for she will be mistaken as an enemy of our land for we are the dead and she has crashed our party in her living world.

The party the beautiful death party with dead deflated balloons and havoc corpses singing their hearts out to all the all blues as they drink whisky it goes straight through their skeleton body.

As the DJ death comes in he hits the button, and everyone is dancing cheering in their heartless vests. But the surgeon cannot concentrate he is lost in the contrast of this girls beauty, what was he thinking she is alive and I am dead but something was drawing him closer to her , whether it be her eternal beauty or selfless manner.

Or difference upon her soul he could not quite work out what she was doing lurking all alone in these parts of the woods. He yearned to know more so he did what any other corpse would do he approached her.

As he approached her he felt her presence and it was not alarming or fear it was almost like she wanted him near.

‘’hello’ ’she said quietly so quiet a single living dove would not be able to her

But her voice was immune to surgeon and it touched every death bone in his soulless body, if he was living he would feel her look, her glare but how could he not fall deep between those beautiful eyes.

The trouble is there was a party going on and it was his job to make sure as leader that they were all having a deathly time.

But how could he leave her here. All alone and he wanted no more than to make conversation with her, so he did.

‘’ hello My Name is surgeon’’. And I am dead, and this is a party underground where dead come alive at night’’.

‘’may I ask what such a beautiful soul of living is doing down here all alone.’’

She smiled a soft sweet smile as if it was almost just him and her in the ground.

‘’Hello Surgeon my Name is Cynthia rose, and I am lost I was walking all along this road, where I discovered this door.’’ I tried to shake off the thought as I have just come from a party myself. 

However, my party was not a welcoming one. My mother wanted me to get married to a Bachelor of high class, but I cannot marry if we both do not love. How can anyone love if they are not in love?

He smiled that explains your white dress and your smudged mascara almost has if you were gothic and virtually dead.

But your party looks so much better.

The dead corpses singing, DJ death in the corner and even deflated balloons

And worm and maggot cake also did I just see my Uncle Tom.

There were bands playing at our party too, I have never been to a dead party before.

Well would you like to dance but won’t you get in some kind of trouble for this I mean I am flattered all, but unfortunately I am not dead.

And don’t dead people have rules of living people.

Who cares, rules are meant to be broken, he sweeps Cynthia across her feet and in one single moment they are lost in each other, the tranquillity of light shone down them and within seconds they fell in love.

But how could this be how could it be when they had only just met, and they could never be together death and life.

Life and death, however the other corpses could sense she was not like them and began to interrupt their dance at once.

You know the rules surgeon as leader though father I deserve right to choose who I fall for

She is not like us she will tell our secret

I promise I won’t I know you are dead and only come out at night

Very well I can see the love that lies between your two souls on one condition she must be dead too and stay with us.

Father but no buts’ son you know the curse , the unforgivable curse he muttered but everyone heard it and was in shock

She must die first

What unforgivable curse Cynthia sighed.

The curse between a human and a dead.

If one human is discovered the whole human race will then be recovered

What does that mean. It means we can only be together if we are both dead.

But why because living and dead do not go you must know and I will let you go if that is what you want.

But I love you Cynthia cried and surgeon tried to comfort her as best he could he was not very good at all these emotions but he started to feel something he had never felt before. A pulse dad I am alive

Oh my god son yes you are

You and Cynthia can be together but not here you must go upstairs.

I will miss you father.

As they bound upstairs together in matrimony they were married.

I guess now we have to party.

You bet said Cynthia.

The party continued upstairs, there was humans dancing on tables and corpses singing in the choir room. After all the party would not be fully complete without the parents of the bride and groom, the surgeon was enjoying his new home and was taking full advantage of the party as he scoffed down lemon cake and some boogying on the dance floor. His father who was dead still somehow managed to trip and fall and hit his head on a loose wire from DJ death who was spinning the cd on an axis. It was the party of a lifetime. 

And the surgeon’s bride Cynthia rose shone brighter than any living being in the room. The surgeon whisked past all the deadly corpses and swept over in slow motion towards his gracious bride.

He whispered in her ear ‘’ what a party a Cynthia’’. 

She smiled through her smile her teeth radiant against the light of the party.

And she turned to face her smug looking husband.

But as she turned around her eyes started to fade; her mouth started to glow she was not only glowing but disappearing into the night.

Her husband surgeon tried to grab her, but all was left was the last single smile of his wife who had been there only seconds ago.

‘’how could this happen. Where had she gone’?

This was there wedding day and it was starting to get suspicious when a faint masked figure came towards surgeon the rest of the dancers must have not seen the mysterious figure as they continued to dance. Unaware of the situation the dancers continued doing their dance moves all was dark in surgeons’ eyes as he tried to reach out for the spot where his wife had disappeared.

‘’gone ‘’ said the masked figure 

‘’ she is gone ‘’. Far from the human world. She’s back where you met her where you left her in the dark’’.

‘’Gone where a shaking surgeon was trying to process this foggy information., not only a little while was he out there having fun now this.

It scared him to think what had happened to his beautiful wife. And why was this masked figure telling him what he didn’t want to hear.

‘’The land of the dead’’. Just as he was about to grab hold of the masked figure he disappeared.

No, a sound of fright entered surgeons head, what do I do?

Surgeon lost his balance and entered darkness.

This can’t be happening; this cannot be real. Were surgeons lost thoughts before he blacked out into nothing, but darkness.

As surgeon lay cold on the floor, another figure came up to him and tried to wake him

She was a lady; the lady of his dreams was not Cynthia it was another her name Felicity she was 

The dead town’s fairy, she spoke in his dream, 

‘’oh, surgeon wake up this is not your fault, Cynthia knew the risk, but she did not tell you, 

What risk replied surgeon the risk of marrying you.

September 25, 2020 16:56

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.