0 comments

Fantasy Fiction Kids

“Are you there God its me “ Jay asked wiping his tears. “Your perfect creation. You took my father’s life and my mother’s sanity . I am not able to walk like other kids , I see the sounds no one hears .I saw things no one sees. Why you made me like this God” Jay slowly walked down the road from school , he hears the bullies are still making fun of him as today he fell on ground in their first punch.

He sat on the bench by the side of the cliff and tried to see what is the world beyond this cursed village named “ Octa hills “ .

As the name says the village is guarded by 8 mighty hills . Jay remembers the bed time story his Nan used to tell. As per her story ;

“Octa hills is a mystic village gifted by God to connect two worlds.” -What is the other world ? Nobody knows .

“The full Moon is not visible from Octa hills .” The logical thinkers believe that could be because of the Geography of that place.

” Full moon will be visible in Octa Hills on the day The saviour crosses the 8 mighty hills and the lightning river with his barefoot. “ Jay realised this is just a story as nobody can do this ever.

Nan always promised him The saviour will come to rescue people like him . Which was his only hope while he was growing up.

“ What are you staring at the Dawn you stupid “ Derick yelled in Jay”s ear. All the bullies are back and laughing at him.

“Don’t worry cripple we will send you down”said Derick and Jay saw his fist is coming towards his face !

Jay opened his eyes as he did not feel the punch and saw Derick’s hand is being blocked by Eddy. Jay saw Mila is staring the bullies with her green eyes standing beside her brother Eddy. Jay knows Mila and Eddy are the only two humans in Octa hills consider him as a human after his Nan. Eddy’s long golden hair is flying in the wind , Derick is crying in pain as he could not withstand the grabbing of Eddy.

Jay’s mind was telling “ Eddy is the Saviour Nan was talking about , Look at his strength and kindness . Who else would fight for me “ ?

Jay saw Derick and his Gang running away when Eddy released his hand . Jay looked at his own leg and heaved a sigh as he could never run fast like that !

Eddy opened his vintage car”s door for Jay . He always wanted to be inside it but his inferiority never allowed him to ask . He knows he was sad as Mila and Eddy grown differently than him , May be they all crawled together as babies but it took so many years for him to walk a step when they started playing with other kids.

“ Dad has somehow convinced Professor Ramsey to allow us to visit his balcony . Me, Eddie and some friends are going tomorrow . You like to join ?” Asked Mila .

Nobody will say no to her ever when she smiles and ask . Jay also lost his senses for a second but he is always afraid of Professor Ramsey the eccentric Astrophysicist, he came there one day out of nowhere with his huge telescopes. He built a house with Balcony on top of the Hill facing North. The kids in the village always wanted to see the sky through his telescope.

“ Sorry ..Mom is alone in home tomorrow as Nan is going church tonight for services ..so .. “ says Jay while getting down from the Car .

Jay saw in the mirror Mila is looking at him while the Car was passing !!!

Professor Ramsey is not happy seeing so many kids in his house . He allowed them to be there only because a big shot like Eddy’s and Mila’s dad asked for it.

In Jay’s home , he is thinking he is always afraid to look up the sky . He sees many things in sky and as per the Doctor’s comments he is hallucinating. Nan is too afraid as she doesn’t want people to say Jay is mentally challenged like his mother. Jay looked at his mother , she is looking outside the window as usual. When was the last time she blinked her eyes! Jay saw mom has finished half of the oatmeal he prepared for her. Should I take the plate or Should I wait as she may resume eating. Jay just sat beside her and looked outside the window thinking Octa hills is a cursed dark village without the moon even on this full Moon day!

“Eeeeeeh” !! That sound woke Jay up from the nap . His Mom is struggling to breath , she is shivering like a fish came out of water! Jay cried as loudly as he can. “Mom “ he yelled and the sound came from the bottom of his belly but this time he did not stammer. He ran out of his home and slipped in the oatmeal on floor and fell breaking his glasses. All he could see is darkness around him . He saw blood coming out of Mom’s mouth and she is in a seizure . Jay cried so loud that the mighty hills around him could not be deaf any more. Jay ran towards her grabbed her up and started running towards the hospital. The hospital is outside Octa hills Village and he does not know how to reach their by foot . But Jay is not in his consciousness, he is running against wind in the dark , his tears are getting dried fast in the wind!

In Professor Ramsey’s home, Mila is quite curious why Ramsey warned them not to enter in that Wooden room. Mila saw Ramsey is busy talking with Eddy about convincing their father to invest on his Scientific projects .

Mila slowly opened the wooden door and was disappointed to saw some stupid modern arts in the room painted by Ramsey. She was about to leave the room but she looked at the images one more time . They are certain patterns, shape of animals , Vehicles, something she has seen somewhere else . Mila remembered Jay used to tell he saw such things on sky every day . He draw all these images with a better clarity as no one else believed him. Thats when Nan and Mila’s dad took him to hospital and Doctor declared his is hallucinating. Eventually Jay also believed he is a mere mentally challenged like his mother. Mila grabbed the painting and ran to Ramsey.

Ramsey was not at all happy to see that but he could read the concern in Mila’s eyes. Ramsey said these are the visuals he managed to identify in the sky by using the combinations of Strongest telescopes he formulated.

Mila breathed heavily and told Jay was able to see these with his naked eyes , He also said he could hear sound from the sky a lot ! Mila saw Ramsey’s eyes are glowing as he just found his purpose.

Jay saw the lights of the hospital afar his crying changed to an eccentric laugh and he ran faster. “My mom , help …she is ..”Jay yelled at the Guard who was having a smoke outside . Guard behaved like he was terrified by Jay’s voice and he ran to get the stretcher .

Jay saw his mom is being taken away by them , He sat down there hugging a pillar and slowly closed his eyes.

“ Hello .. “ Jay opened his eyes when he heard the Nurse’s voice . She patted his shoulder and said “ don’t worry son . She is okay. Its is very fortunate you have reached here within minutes after the Seizure. Who brought you here? Say thanks to that driver “ Nurse walked inside and Jay’s spine chilled when he looked at the clock .He stood up , walked outside and looked at the Mighty hills some far away. “A cripple like me carried my mother and Climbed down the hills? “the only way to do is by crossing the lightening river Which is sharper than a sword . Jay looked down his body and saw he is fully damped . “Did I just cross the lightening river ? “Only the folklore of The chosen one , The Saviour said something like this !!

Jay remembered what Nanny said next .. “The day The saviour comes to lift the curse of Octa Hills , The Moon will come to the village in the shape of a star .”

Jay slowly looked up and saw the full moon on top of The mighty hills . Suddenly , the clouds covered the Moon’s edges and made the shape of a huge white star !

Eddie , Mila and Professor Ramsey are driving Fast to see Jay . They are not talking with each other as they are trying to convince their mind that they are living in a folklore.

Jay’s eyes are so widely opened that his Iris reflected the Moonstar..

The wind carried the smell of blossomed Jasmin waived the hair of Jay as the nature welcomes their Saviour !!

(Next part Moonstar _ The attainment )

February 07, 2022 00:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.