0 comments

Kids

"Hello!" I waved to Arianne. She waved back and headed in the building.

I walked into my classroom to be greeted by my teacher, Miss Stafford. 

"Hello!" I greeted her.

"Good Morning," she answered. "Have a seat, please, Elisa. We are going to do something very special today." I thought she looked very pretty in her silk, flower dress, and blue flats. As soon as the class got settled down, Miss Stafford started to describe what we would do today.

"Students! Today we are going to meet our idols! Our role models! Our heroes!" she gets very excited when she presents what we are doing today. A murmur rippled through the class.

"My idol is dead!" Jack shouted.

"Mine, too!" Kyle yelled out over the talking.

"Everyone, please, calm down!" Miss Stafford said, then she continued. "It's fine if your idol is dead or not dead, you will still get to meet him or her."

"But they are going to be fake, right?" I asked. "Because my role model is super famous, and there is absolutely no way I'm gonna meet her."

"Nope. They're not going to be fake." she hesitated, then continued. "Okay, maybe a little fake, but you'll still get learn about them!" Miss Staford smiled.

"Here's what we're going to do. Get into groups of three, and think of your role model." 

"Serena!" I yelled across the classroom. "Arianne!" 

I got a thumbs up from both of them. We got together and we shared our role models. 

"My role model is Abraham Lincon. I really want to be his friend." Serena told us.

"Cool," I said. "I would want to meet Zendaya. She is so cool!" I could hear someone snicker from this, but I didn't care. 

"I would want to meet Jacob Tremblay," Arianne said. 

Someone poked his head into the classroom. He had brown hair that was turning white. He had grey Adidas pumps, blue sweatpants and a black ACL shirt.

"Hello Jane," he said to Miss Stafford.

"Do I know you?" Miss Stafford looked confused.

The man ignored her and turned to us.

"I am friends with all of the people you want to meet and more," he said 

mysteriously. 

"For the last time, my role model is dead!" Jack yelled at the guy.

"So?" he asked. "You can still meet him. Everyone, if you want to see your role model come with me!"

Everyone filed out of the classroom despite Miss Staford's protests. 

We followed the man out of the building and into the Wessex Auditorium. Everyone stopped at the entrance. It had been completely transformed! There was a huge machine in the middle with a raised platform. The machine was glowing. 

"Who would like to go first?" he asked turning around to face us.

"ME! PICK ME! ME PLEASE!" everyone yelled raising their hand.

"You there young lady with the blue Pink Floyd shirt. Bring your partners." he pointed at Arianne.

"Cool!" I said, walking up to the machine. 

"You will tell me your role model and you will spend one hour with him or her!" he boomed to the chattering students. 

He turned to us. 

"Step on here. Tell me your RM." 

"Jacob Tremblay, Zendaya, and Abraham Lincon." I said. 

"Goodbye!" he yelled as he pressed a button.

 A blue light flashed, blinding me. I felt like I was falling up. Suddenly, there was a loud BANG! as I hit the floor.

"Erica? Emma?" a females voice. 

I got up and saw a white bed with pink covers. 

"Um, Arianne? Serena? Where are you?" I asked, worriedly.

"Who are you talking to honey? Did you fall off the bed again?" a woman poked her head in the doorway. 

She looked very familiar. 

"Emma! What's wrong?" the woman (my mom?) asked again. 

And then, Jacob Tremblay poked his head in the doorway!

'OMG!' I thought. 'I'm in Jacob Tremblay's house!'

"Why are you still sleeping? We have the Oscars today." he said. I heard a muffled: "Arianne? Elisa?"

A girl came out of the room beside me. 

"Um... Erica?" I said to her, hoping that was her name because I read once that Erica is the name of Jacob's sister. 

She didn't answer until Jacob nudged her.

"Oh! Yeah?" she looked at me.  

I looked at the Mom and Jacob, "We're going to have a girl talk." I smiled.

I shut the door. 

"What is going on!" I whispered to Erica. 

"Who are you?" she asked. "I'm Serena!"

I widened my eyes. "Whoa! I'm Elisa! I think my name is Emma."

"Where's Arianne?" Serena asked. 

"Let's go find out!" I said, walking out.

"Wait, what about the Oscars?" she asked.

"Darn it. I don't think you're going, so go look for Arienne while I get ready." I said as Erica walked out.

The mom walked in,

"Honey! Sixteen! I'm so proud of you!" she cried and she hugged me.

"Yeah!" I said, trying to sound normal. "I can finally drive! How old is Erica?"

"She's 10, I think." She didn't look at all surprised I asked. In my family we have so many kids that it's hard to keep track of their names, much less their ages. 

"What should I wear?" I asked the mom. She dug in my closet and grabbed a dress. The dress had a light pink top and a puffy, short white skirt. She took out a pretty light pink pair of heels. Next, she put my or Emma's brown hair into a bun and did my makeup. 

Serena barged in holding an adorable brown, curly-haired poodle. 

"Awww," I said, petting the dog. "Who's this?"

"Emma, honey, are you okay? That's Rey." the mom looked very confused. 

"Oh yeah, never mind." I chuckled, nervously.

The mom walked out.

"Elisa, this is Arienne!" Serena whispered. 

I looked at Rey. "Really?" 

The dog nodded. 

I saw Emma's phone charging on the desk next to her bed and I picked it up. 

"The man said that we would only be here for one hour and it's noon. We got here at 11:50 so we have less than an hour left." Serena said.

"Emma! Emma! Mom says we need to go! NOW!" Jacob yelled from the doorway.

I jumped in the limo that was waiting in the driveway. 

"So....." I felt like Arienne should be here because Jacob was her role model. Then I had an idea. 

"Um... Can Rey come? Please?" I asked.

"Um, sure honey!" the mom replied. 

I ran into the house and grabbed Arienne. She instantly sat on Jacobs's lap.

It took forty minutes to arrive so we only had ten minutes until we left. I took out Emma's phone. I went to contacts and wrote Jacobs's number on my hand. 

As we walked out of the limo, I got blinded by the cameras. Then we went to the photoshoot. I took out Emma's phone and I knew we had a minute left until the hour was up. 

"Goodbye, Jacob. I'll see you as myself." I whispered into his ear. He looked very confused. Then the blue flash blinded me again. I felt like I was falling up. Suddenly, there was a loud BANG! as I hit the floor.

This time, nobody rushed up to me to see if I was okay. I got up and looked in the mirror nearby. OMG. I'm a boy... Am I... TOM HOLLAND!?!? I rushed out the trailer and into the one that said Zendeya. 

"Tom!?" Zendeya gasped. 

"No!" I said. "It's Elisa!" 

"Who's Elisa?" she asked, squinting.

"Oh..." It didn't occur to me that Zendeya wasn't Arienne or Serena. 

"Oops. My bad." I giggled nervously, edging out.

"Um, ok." she giggled. 

I got out and ran into a young woman with blonde hair. 

"Arienne?" she asked. 

"No!" I said. "It's Elisa!" 

"Apparently my name is Angourie Rice. Wait a minute. You're Tom Holland!" Serena said. 

"Yeah," I replied. "I think we're filming Spiderman: Far From Home. And, where's Arienne?"

A Miniature black Schnauzer bounded up to us. 

"Arienne. Arienne! Is that you!?" I asked. 

The dog nodded. 

"Why do you always get to be the closest to the people we want?" Serena asked me.

"Why do you always get to be the dog?" I asked Arienne.

"Tom! Zendeya! Time to shoot the third scene!" a man called us over. 

I read his name tag. It said Logan. 

"Good Morning, Logan!" I said, cheerfully.

He looked at me like I had just piddled on some designer carpet.

"There you are Noon!" Zendeya picked Arienne up.

I followed Logan into the house nearby. We tried to film a little bit but I'm not very good at acting.

"Tom!" Logan barked. "Pay attention!"

"What is going on?" Zendeya hissed in my ear.

I didn't answer. I just looked at my watch and sighed. Five more minutes.

When there were only thirty seconds left, right in the middle of filming, I stopped what I was doing and I hugged Zendeya. She looked shocked but in a good way. 

Then the blue flash blinded me again. I felt like I was falling up. Suddenly, there was a loud BANG! as I hit the floor.

I got up very quickly this time. I looked in the mirror and I knew I was the oldest son of Abraham Lincon, Robert Todd Lincon. I rushed out. Then gasped. There were dozens of rooms!

I saw a yellow dog waddle down, and I knew who he was, er... she. It was Arienne as Abraham's dog, Fido. 

I saw a calendar on the wall reading February 20, 1862.

Someone beside me gasped. 

"Oh my gosh!" he yelled. "I die today!"

I whirled around to see a young boy, probably my brother.

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"I, William Wallace Lincon dies of Typhoid fever! I'm starting to feel sick!" Serena moaned. 

Arienne whined. 

Serena laid down and asked me to call a maid. She looked really scared. 

"When does he die?" I asked.

"At five in the evening," she said. "What time is it?" 

I looked at the pocket watch on the desk.

"It's four." I said.

"Oh no!" she shrieked, which caused Abraham Lincon and Mary Todd and some maids to rush up to the room. 

"William!" Mary cried, hugging her/him. "You shan't be yelling like that!"

"It'll hurt you even more." added one of the maids.

"My stomach hurts," Serena said. 

"And you will get better, child," Abraham told her.

"But she won't," I pointed out.

"That's a horrible thing to say to your brother!" Mary exclaimed. 

"It's true, Mother," Serena responded, mournfully. 

"Stop it!" Mary cried. "You both know that's not true!" 

At this point Tad Lincon came in. 

"You thimply muthst thtop!" he said. "Eddie already died tho you muthst thstop bein' tho negathive."

Tad had a cleft lip and palate and a lisp causing his speech problems. 

I looked at my pocket watch, three minutes until five. 

"Mary, Abraham," I said, hesitating. "All of your sons will die before adulthood except me. Abraham, you will get assassinated watching a play and William will die today at five from Typhoid fever." 

I hugged Mary Todd and Abraham Lincon, Tad, and William. 

"You will go through some rough times but just hang in there." 

I pulled away.

Out of the corner of my eye, Serena closed her eyes and said goodbye. 

"No!" I yelled.

The blue flash blinded me. I felt like I was falling up.

I didn't fall on the floor this time, I landed on my feet.

"Serena?! Arienne!?" I looked around the room.

I landed back in the Wessex Auditorium. I turned around and saw Arianne.

"Arienne!" I hugged her and she hugged me back.

"Elisa!" she pulled away. "Where's Serena!?" 

"Oh no no no no no!" I cried looking around. 

"Serena! Serena!" we yelled. 

"I'm here!" came a muffled voice from the closet. 

We threw the closet open and helped Serena get up.

"We were so worried!" I moaned. 

"Oh, I'm sorry!" she said, hugging us. 

We waited there and all the other students came slowly back one by one. 

Only, a girl named Olivia never came back. Her partners said that she chose to stay there by holding on to another person as the hour was over. 

We told our parents about what happened, but no one believed us. Olivia was named missing and we still haven't found her. 

Oh and I still have Jacob's phone number written on my arm. I want to call him, but I'm nervous.


May 27, 2020 12:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.